• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
That's the problem. From all the players you mention, only 1 can play in the defense. Pastore never plays, Lavezzi has no room, Tevez has no room. And from the ones who play, there are only 2 that can play in the middlefield: Masche and Di Maria, and that's not his natural position.

As I said, Portugal may not have those 'names', but overall it's more solid than Argentina.

Gago and Garay aren't as shitty as how some of you people make them out to be.

NHale

So happy right now!! :D

Almost everyone was great (not Postiga), special shoutout to Veloso, he was huge for us today.

I usually don't mock after victory like this, but bring on those orange tears.. such cocky people, glaf you left completely empty handed through the back door. Fuck you Robben.

That was some Iniesta level shit right there.

Veloso? He was missing passes and losing the balll left and right. He was better than Meireles but if it wasn't for Moutinho our midfield would have lost the battle.

Yager

Banned
Gago and Garay aren't as shitty as how some of you people make them out to be.

No, they're not, but they also aren't better than Moutinho/Meireles and Pepe/Bruno Alves. And I speak as an argentinian who loves his country and national football team.

spidye

it's funny from a technical / footballing standpoint i'd say it was his best game of the tournament, but that shit didnt help us at all :( why cant he play good football and score goals?

that's probably why he couldn't score. he wasn't where he should be.

feel

Veloso? He was missing passes and losing the balll left and right. He was better than Meireles but if it wasn't for Moutinho our midfield would have lost the battle.
Maybe I was too distracted by the times he didn't fuck up to notice.
I always expect Moutinho to play well.

Popsicle2.jpg

FootballFan

Wait until La Liga starts.

*sigh* Can't wait. Ronaldo has 1 good game against the worst performing team of the tournament and just look at the response. Hah. Great player, but #2 forever.

BTW Netherlands. I don't understand. There is no-one in attack. There is no-one in midfield. and no-one in defense. Where the hell were your players standing to not be anywhere.

Such selfish play from the players and barely any movement off the ball. I would be so mad if I was dutch. 3 games, 3 losses. You know there is something seriously wrong with your team if Ronaldo scores twice against you for Portugal. Robben, Van Persie, that young left back, pretty much everyone was just so bad.

edit
That said, Portugal easily deserved it, all over the Dutch. Midfield was killing them.

Overdoziz

Banned

Almost everyone was great (not Postiga), special shoutout to Veloso, he was huge for us today.

I usually don't mock after victory like this, but bring on those orange tears.. such cocky people, glaf you left completely empty handed through the back door. Fuck you Robben.
Calls out another team for being cocky
Has Ronaldo on his own team

That was some Iniesta level shit right there.
This is a funny post because Portugal was pretty mediocre and wont stand a chance against Spain or Germany. Portugal only looked impressive because Holland was so goddamn terrible. :lol

Hieberrr

This is a funny post because Portugal was pretty mediocre and wont stand a chance against Spain or Germany. Portugal only looked impressive because Holland was so goddamn terrible. :lol

Honestly I wouldn't be too sure about that. Portugal looked mighty fine against Germany (and could have tied it/won if they weren't so unlucky).

MPW

*sigh* Can't wait. Ronaldo has 1 good game against the worst performing team of the tournament and just look at the response. Hah. Great player, but #2 forever.

BTW Netherlands. I don't understand. There is no-one in attack. There is no-one in midfield. and no-one in defense. Where the hell were your players standing to not be anywhere.

Such selfish play from the players and barely any movement off the ball. I would be so mad if I was dutch. 3 games, 3 losses. You know there is something seriously wrong with your team if Ronaldo scores twice against you for Portugal. Robben, Van Persie, that young left back, pretty much everyone was just so bad.

edit
That said, Portugal easily deserved it, all over the Dutch. Midfield was killing them.

if portugal reaches semi final, i don't know, he may just get enough votes to win ballon dor

but u know what, barca can have the best player as long as madrid wins la liga and/or cl next season :D

SkylineRKR

I worried about our defensive options in the future. The young players aren't really good either.

But so far all vice-world champions from the last decades have left the Eurocup through the backdoor. Its some sort of a curse.

Djrds

Neo Member
It certainly didn't appear so against Germany.
Do I sense some danish/dutch butthurt?

pulga

Banned
if portugal reaches semi final, i don't know, he may just get enough votes to win ballon dor

but u know what, barca can have the best player as long as madrid wins la liga and/or cl next season :D

If Ronaldo wins the ballon d'or, the Barca salt will be amazing.

I worried about our defensive options in the future. The young players aren't really good either.

But so far all vice-world champions have left the Eurocup through the backdoor. Its some sort of a curse.
Ricardo van Rhijn will replace van der Wiel as a back, both at Ajax as well as in the Dutch team.

Also, Douglas will be available from august. :lol

It certainly didn't appear so against Germany.
Do I sense some danish/dutch butthurt?
And yet they couldnt win from the Germans.

Also, the butthurt comment is funny. Check my posts, i've only been critical of my own team because we were more terrible than the Irish. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom