• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goddamn - when VDV scored that first I thought my predictions would ring true and they'd score a second then settle in midfield and kill the game off.

But then Ronaldo happened, fucking Real Madrid Ronaldo no less. Amazing.

Anyway, Congrats Portugal and Germany. They will probably make it through to the semis looking at who they play. Man this Euro has been entertaining.

fuenf

Scholl is saying that Gomez meant to play that ball to Poldi, so i'll believe him. ;)

Not sure what to think about this game though, it's clear that Bayern and Madrid players were scared of fucking it up again.

Fry

haha, ever since robben knocked us out of the champ leagues at old trafford a few seasons ago, his career has gone to shit.

-lost in two champions league finals
-world cup final
-embarrassing himself at the euro's

serves him right for being a smug cheat!

That could be said about half of United's team.

pulga

Banned
Are you guys seriously arguing a team with Pastore, Masch, Di Maria, Lavezzi, Messi, Higuian, Tevez and Kun Aguero is inferior to a team with CR, Nani and...Pepe?

Hieberrr

Why was Germany so reluctant to attack? There were so many times when Germany could have set up an attack, but they kept passing it back down to the mid-field and backs O__O.

It's this style of play that really pisses me off. We score 1 and think the game is won, so everything is about playing "safe". 5 minutes later and the game is tied...

1339961258914.gif

This is amazing.

hylje

Portugal through as a big surprise? Hardly IMO.

Well that's your humble opinion, but you need to consider they've not really been remarkable in my eyes for last couple decade and going against Nederland and Germany this year? I certainly expected these two go through. Not Portugal.

fuenf

Why was Germany so reluctant to attack? There were so many times when Germany could have set up an attack, but they kept passing it back down to the mid-field and backs O__O.

It's this style of play that really pisses me off. We score 1 and think the game is won, so everything is about playing "safe". 5 minutes later and the game is tied...

Scared of giving it away

SkylineRKR

Most of our players, except for Huntelaar and van Persie, had pretty mediocre to terrible seasons, and they thought themselves better because of the WC final and the pretty easy qualification round. And for some reason most players lack stamina and fitness for some reason. We also lack good wingers who can give a cross.

Also, van Persie is shit in the Dutch team and lol, Robben at the right wing.

The WC campaign has been rather terrible as well. But the willpower and fighting spirit was better. The WC group stage was much easier than this one, giving us time to grow in this tournament. Slovakia is shit anyway, and Brazil then blew up themselves against us.

But yeah, there has been something wrong with our stamina and fitness this week. Both Olsen and Low were surprised by it.

To not concede & to lure the Danes out of their defensive formation.

cube444

Well that's your humble opinion, but you need to consider they've not really been remarkable in my eyes for last couple decade and going against Nederland and Germany this year? I certainly expected these two go through. Not Portugal.

Fair enough but the Dutch looked shaky coming into this tourney. Plus after Euro 2004, nothing is ever a given.

spidye

Scholl is saying that Gomez meant to play that ball to Poldi, so i'll believe him. ;)

Not sure what to think about this game though, it's clear that Bayern and Madrid players were scared of fucking it up again.

nice if true but he didn't have his best game for sure.

feel

So happy right now!! :D

Almost everyone was great (not Postiga), special shoutout to Veloso, he was huge for us today.

I usually don't mock after victory like this, but bring on those orange tears.. such cocky people, glaf you left completely empty handed through the back door. Fuck you Robben.

1339961258914.gif

This is amazing.
That was some Iniesta level shit right there.

fuenf

nice if true but he didn't have his best game for sure.

it's funny from a technical / footballing standpoint i'd say it was his best game of the tournament, but that shit didnt help us at all :( why cant he play good football and score goals?

ITT some people don't understand that a team on paper and a team in practise can be two VERY different things.

Or they don't understand football.

One of the two.

MPW

What? Deffense: Federico Fernandez, Ezequiel Garay and Clemente Rodriguez. Are they better than Coentrao, Bruno Alves and Pepe? The only one in Argentina is Pablo Zabaleta.

Middlefield: Sosa, Gago, Mascherano, and Di Maria if you wanna consider him as a middlefielder (which he's not). The only one of the first 3 is Mascherano, the other 2...

The only thing that has Argentina is the forward: Messi, Higuain/Agüero. The rest? Crap besides 1 or 2 players. Portugal is more solid as a team.

VSAlF.gif

lol @ robben and dutch

Yager

Banned
Are you guys seriously arguing a team with Pastore, Masch, Di Maria, Lavezzi, Messi, Higuian, Tevez and Kun Aguero is inferior to a team with CR, Nani and...Pepe?

That's the problem. From all the players you mention, only 1 can play in the defense. Pastore never plays, Lavezzi has no room, Tevez has no room. And from the ones who play, there are only 2 that can play in the middlefield: Masche and Di Maria, and that's not his natural position.

As I said, Portugal may not have those 'names', but overall it's more solid than Argentina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom