• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wellscha

Madame De Stael once said "One must choose in life between boredom and suffering“

Knowing that Greece is going to play ultra defensively, is boredom.

Watching Gomez trying to penetrate their defense, is suffering.

uggggghhhhhhuu....

Already dreading the match.

Jay Sosa

Yes, but they have an effective counter attack and we could see play similar to Chelsea v Barcelona.

well theoretically, yes. Problem is just that England's D is nowhere near as good as Chelsea's.

I thought we would in the friendly against them and against France.

friendlies don't mean anything..

but now that you mention it, they were pretty good against france..but nonetheless I still think they should hope to meet either croatia or italy.

Wilbur

Banned
well theoretically, yes. Problem is just that England's D is nowhere near as good as Chelsea's.

friendlies don't mean anything..

I know about the friendly but... really? Our defence has two of Chelsea's players, a better right back than Jose Bosingwa and a better centre back than David Luiz

Jay Sosa

I know about the friendly but... really? Our defence has two of Chelsea's players, a better right back than Jose Bosingwa and a better centre back than David Luiz

Well, we'll see*. They looked really bad on multiple occasion against sweden. And they played with 10 men(and one Ibrahimovic).

*I mean I hop that England advances..they're basically the only nation left I like.

Wilbur

Banned
Well, we'll see*. They looked really bad on multiple occasion against sweden. And they played with 10 men(and one Ibrahimovic).

*I mean I hop that England advances..they're basically the only nation left I like.

I'm not saying we would win. But we could. We looked bad defending against them but very good against France, it's not inconceivable we could defend against Spain. If Chelsea can do it against Spain + Messi...

gurasa

Spain enjoys slow build up with decisive through balls, which I think will be welcomed by the deep solid defending England have shown against France. Yeah, I can see an England-Spain match being a carbon copy of Barca-Chelsea with Walcott scoring the winner in the last ~10 min.

pulga

Banned
I'm not saying we would win. But we could. We looked bad defending against them but very good against France, it's not inconceivable we could defend against Spain. If Chelsea can do it against Spain + Messi...

Pfft, Iker would've owned that fool Torres on a 1-on-1.

tolkir

UEFA testing things

1340031169_extras_portada_0.jpg

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Thinking about putting a tenner on both games to score over 2.5 goals...

Haven't put a bet on yet this tournament.

Visceir

I started with 10€ at the beginning of the tournament and am up to 35€, small bets and obviousy still doing it more for fun.

I placed bets on Italy/Spain winning first halftime and second halftime. I'm fairly confident in Italy/Spain winning, but I'm not confident in Italy scoring a lot...just as I think it's unlikely that Ireland will score. If either team should only win one half time then that will pretty much cover the losses from the other half time.

A player gets makeup on for filming an commercial? Disgusting! I thought advertisements were all about honesty and showing the products in a truthful manner.

Wooden, I think a lot of people were thinking that was him before going out for a match. I don't think anyone would have a problem with him getting doll'd up for a photo shoot or commercial, I certainly wouldn't. That happens for everyone.

Wooden, I think a lot of people were thinking that was him before going out for a match. I don't think anyone would have a problem with him getting doll'd up for a photo shoot or commercial, I certainly wouldn't. That happens for everyone.

Yeah I know, saw it yesterday too but it seemed pretty obvious that it wasn't him getting ready for the game. There was too many annoying Portuguese fans on here though so it was hard to bother defending Ronaldo at the time... But come on people, it's not even the Portgual shirt they played in yesterday.

Omiee

A player gets makeup on for filming an commercial? Disgusting! I thought advertisements were all about honesty and showing the products in a truthful manner.

I just saw the 2011 watermark. Nah its been something posted on my facebook page by a friend who said media are claiming this is ronaldo before a match or during half time.

IceCold

It's watermarked from 2011. I refuse to believe this is what everyone thinks it is. Even for a guy like Ronaldo, that is just so damn pathetic I can't imagine anyone doing that before a match.

Honestly you'd have to be an idiot to think he does this before a game. Yes the guy is vain, but not this vain.

rinse82

Plus, my detective instincts tell me that Portgual wore their long-sleeve home jerseys yesterday, contrary to what he's wearing in that picture.

Croatian def. has been pretty bad (especially Schildenfeld, 2nd division Frankfurt player) so I don't see how they're supposed to shine vs. Spain. They could still tie them somehow, but they'll sure as hell eat a few goals in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom