• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

okay math gaf.. what happens if Spain and Croatia tie and Italy wins and all get 5 points?

Spain 0 - Croatia 0 / Italy wins -> 1. Italy 2. Spain. Croatia can't go through. Italy is first place because they have more goals in the tied matches than spain (1-1 / 1-1 VS 1-1 / 0-0)
Spain 1 - Croatia 1 / Italy wins by less than 3 goals -> 1. Spain 2. Croatia. Spain is first because they have better GD than Croatia
Spain 1 - Croatia 1 / Italy wins by 3 or more goals or 2 goals if the result exceeds 4-2 -> 1. Spain 2. Italy. Italy 1st place if they beat Spain GD
Spain 2 - Croatia 2 or higher / 1. Spain 2. Croatia. Italy can't go through. Spain is first because they have better GD than Croatia

Spain always qualifies with a draw because they will always have a higher GD than Croatia

Let me quote Vitet for you.

Gandie

Can somebody explain why Italy+Spain go through if Italy wins 1:0 and Spain Croatia tie 1:1

Final table would be

Spain 6:2 5
Italy 3:2 5
Croatia 5:3 5
Ireland 1:8 0

And in the "mini"-table with only the three teams, all teams have 2:2 and 2 points. Shouldn't the overall GD decide then? That would put Croatia before Italy?

Or is the online-tool borked?

Gandie

Thought GD had more impact than this. That's quite a rubbish rule. This is how we end up with Greece going through :p

They don't.

edit: I mean Italy. Spain and Croatio would go through in that scenario.

kicker.png

So the kicker tool is broken, good to know.

Vitet

I don't get the first option. In that scenario Croatia ends up with 5 points and a +2 GD.
If Italy wins 1-0 they have 5 points and a +1 GD.
Why would Italy go through then?

Because first tie breaker is results in matches between tied teams. Second is goals in those matches. And last goal difference.

So in a 0-0 scenario Italy is 1st because they have more goals in tied matches than Croatia and Spain, Spain second because they have better GD than Croatia

soepje

I won´t be able to watch the games tonight, got examns :(. But i will silently cheer for Ireland tonight, just because their supporters are the best bunch this tournament got to offer.

Jamie OD

I'm in schadenfreude mode tonight so I want Ireland to drag Italy down with us or just get absolutely pummelled in the process. Either way will be good to vent my frustration at our performance this year.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm in schadenfreude mode tonight so I want Ireland to drag Italy down with us or just get absolutely pummelled in the process. Either way will be good to vent my frustration at our performance this year.

Don't worry, Italy WILL deliver the lols.
1d0SR.gif

Arjen

Still debating on which game to watch.
Spain-Croatia should be more interesting, but i don't know if i want to see 90min of possesion football again.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Had a really shitty day at work so I need this to cheer me up. Get this shit done Pirlo.

I'm having a shitty year. We picked the wrong team, Big-E
Or the wrong country picked us?
. Let's switch to Spain or something!

Still debating on which game to watch.
Spain-Croatia should be more interesting, but i don't know if i want to see 90min of possesion football again.
Same here, even if their style of play works for them, I don't like watching it.

The Italy Ireland match will probably be more fun for non supporters to watch

Seanspeed

Banned
Why do you even want to go into the thread if you don't want to get "spoiled" ?

I dont come in this thread at all if I haven't seen the matches yet. The problem is that I cant even roam Off-Topic at all cuz this thread is always on the front-page, spoiling the results right in the topic title.

Kris Stadsgaard did the same for us last season just before the half time, you could clearly hear him tellt he manager to shut his ass, manager subbed him in the half and then claimed he wasn't subbed because of that....
KuGsj.gif

FeD.nL

http://images.wikia.com/chelseafc/images/0/04/Jeffrey-Bruma-Lg.jpg[/img

Look at this divine creature.

And don't forget about Luuk de Jong.[/QUOTE]

If all those player develop well then we will have a solid defense. We just need to refresh the group immediately, too many ego's atm. I really had some hope yesterday but there was no will to go on after 20 minutes. Now to focus on the WC-qualifiers and bring some fresh faces into the group. By France 2016 we will have a solid squad, this generation was just a bunch of spoiled kids. If you look at guys like Narsingh, van Wolfswinkel and Luuk de Jong they are just so humble it's refreshing. Then in September Douglas is gonna be available, there is just so much potential for the next generation as long as they don't make stupid transfers to big clubs that bench them.

Oxx

I wish England would hurry-up and get eliminated so that I can pick-up a sweet jacket or hoodie for half-price.

spidye

perfect example of someone destroying his own career.
funny, I argued with a dutch fan on neogaf right after the cl finale that robben will be netherland's demise if he plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom