• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kem0sabe

zlatan-ibrahimovic-em-miami-1.jpg

Reporter asks the question what teams have impressed the most so far and who he thinks will win.
Zlatan answers: "Spain has performed well, as has Germany. Russia looked really good up until yesterday. And who will win.. honestly I don't give a crap/damn."

Kiraly

Also, 'hou je bek' translates more to shut the fuck up than shut your mouth, in my opinion. Robben is massive idiot.

fuenf

http://nos.nl/ek2012/video/385320-robbens-hou-je-bek-tegen-van-marwijk.html

I guess the video will be region locked (sigh) but it features Bert van Marwijk yelling at Robben to help the defense. Then Robben yelled back "Shut your mouth". What's wrong with this group...

"If you want to accomplish something together, you have to put egos aside. You have to fight as a team to regain that sense of invincibility. It won't come by itself." - Arjen Robben before yesterdays game.

Please go to Juve, City, PSG or some other club i dont like!

Chuckie

perfect example of someone destroying his own career.
funny, I argued with a dutch fan on neogaf right after the cl finale that robben will be netherland's demise if he plays.

Robben didn't cause Netherland's demise though... the whole damn team did.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Have Spain really performed well? They just about managed a draw with Italy and beat the worst team in the tournament. It's not that impressive.

Gambit

perfect example of someone destroying his own career.
funny, I argued with a dutch fan on neogaf right after the cl finale that robben will be netherland's demise if he plays.

I was going to say he needs a therapist to work through his "loser-syndrom" that he got in 2010. Now I am thinking maybe he needs a healthy slap in the face from Ribery more often. Just so he knows his place. (Not that Ribery is any less of an ego-maniac)

Honestly, how can you be so talented and still your own worst enemy.

Wilbur

Banned
Have Spain really performed well? They just about managed a draw with Italy and beat the worst team in the tournament. It's not that impressive.

This is what I think. Italy probably should have beat them, and beating Ireland by keeping possession and passing isn't much of a feat. However I do think they'll step it up against Croatia tonight but no team's looked unbeatable so far.

Arjen

If Croatia can keep the pressure up like Italy did in the first half, they can be beaten.

patapuf

This is what I think. Italy probably should have beat them, and beating Ireland by keeping possession and passing isn't much of a feat. However I do think they'll step it up against Croatia tonight but no team's looked unbeatable so far.

It's why i love this Euro. It feels like every team that goes to the quarters has a shot at the title.

shiroryu

van der Wiel was fucking awful in all three games.

True...but Robben's selfishness in the first two games cost Holland as well. Afellay ineffective, RvP toothless. It'd have been a whole different ball game if Holland had beaten or drawn with Denmark.

The current OT title is a bit harsh on the Danes, I feel - they've done quite well. An additional goal would've seen them through against the Germans, and they were beating Portugal except for Portugal's impact substitution. Underrated and underappreciated.

modulaire

Posted?

Denmark striker Nicklas Bendtner has been banned for one competitive fixture and fined 100,000 euros (just over £80,000) by UEFA after he lowered his shorts after scoring in the Euro 2012 clash with Portugal.

I should add this

Bendtner, 24, was found guilty of improper conduct by European football's governing body after he revealed the logo of a betting company Paddy Power on his underpants in the match on June 13.

MMaRsu

I guess the video will be region locked (sigh) but it features Bert van Marwijk yelling at Robben to help the defense. Then Robben yelled back "Shut your mouth". What's wrong with this group...

What the fuck... Get Robben out of this fucking group, fuck this fucking ego clown.

I wish van Marwijk will stay on and Robben will be taken out of the goddamn team. What a fucking loser. Hou je bek man? That's not the way you talk to a trainer.

Firemind

To be fair, part of the reason vd Wiel was so awful was because Robben didn't help defend, which is why Bert yelled at him.

Sneijder yesterday said he didn't like the position as left winger, since he has to run with the right back, which prevents him from making that decisive pass.

Robben doesn't give a fuck. The end.

RJT

To be fair, part of the reason vd Wiel was so awful was because Robben didn't help defend, which is why Bert yelled at him.

Sneijder yesterday said he didn't like the position as left winger, since he has to run with the right back, which prevents him from making that decisive pass.

Robben doesn't give a fuck. The end.

I was a mistake to have Sneijder as a winger. IMO, the best Dutch player.

shiroryu

I was a mistake to have Sneijder as a winger. IMO, the best Dutch player.

Yeah, that didn't make sense. Use RvP or Huntelaar, not both, if you're bringing in VdV and keep van Bommel in there to give de Jong support. Keep Schneider behind RvP and let them play fluidly with VdV. Yesterday, there was a clear split team with Holland failing to keep their shape.

Had a free £10 bet for Ladbrokes that was about to expire. Not really into sports betting but I put it on every team to score tomorrow night. Seemed a likely scenario, £30 if they do.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
If I was a big fan of Italy, I'd bet a ton of money on Spain vs. Croatia ending 2-2. That way if Italy gets eliminated because of a conspiracy, at least I'd get mad cash as a consolation.

Of course then Spain would win, but Italy only manages to tie. That way Italy would be out and I'd lose me money.

I highly, highly doubt he said 'hou je bek man'. If that would have been the case, van Marwijk would have subbed him immediatly. Sounds like 'tis niet mijn plek man!' to me (translated: not my poistion!).

Meier

Trap knows Pirlo. He'll keep him in a sack.

Well, I could change it to Iniesta but I played with him as my captain on Day 2 and that was a bust. :( I feel like even though both teams will win easily, Pirlo is more likely to be involved with goals for Italy than Iniesta for Spain and Croatia will put up more of a fight.

fuenf

Small question regarding our prediction league. Is everyone ok with predicting the result "after extra time" ("nach Verlängerung", dont know why it isnt translated)? I could still change it to after penalties but i think after extra time makes the most sense?

I wanna give props to Denmark.
They gave Portugal trouble during the qualifiers and gave Portuguese fans a heart attack when Bendnter tied the game 2-2 with his 2nd header last Wednesday.

I believe that Denmark's competitiveness forced Portugal to get serious and unified. As seen in the Holland vs Portugal match.

pulga

Banned
Van der Wiel had this to say:

"The truth is that I didn't have a good tournament, I have to admit, but it not is all my fault. I could never play my attacking style. I was unmarked several times but my team-mates never passed the ball to me."

I think we found why Holland flopped out, guys. They never gave Greg the ball.

SkylineRKR

The bad news for Greg is that he will be superseeded by Van Rhijn at Ajax and Holland perhaps and probably not make a big move to the European elite.

I feel quite sorry for van Marwijk. But he just wasn't able to control this bunch of extremely skillful but highly egoistic players.

Our current generation isn't talented enough to be at the top (we haven't got players that are vital for Barca, Real, Utd, Chelsea.. most of it is Europe League class), but with unity they managed to become vice world champion and 1st on the FIFA ranking. Its not the same as having F. de Boer, Stam as central D, Bergkamp, Kluivert etc up front. And Cocu as the strategist.

Without unity its just a rather average squad with a terrible defense. Its a shame that they couldn't keep the team spirit in there but it also makes sense that the bubble did burst at some point. Most of the players are offensive thinkers in the field, while Van Marwijk's stategy with 2 holding midfielders and fear of conceding was the opposite of that. Once a bad series start, beginning with Sweden for the qualifications, shit like this is bound to happen with these kind of players.

Rumour has it that there were 2 sides; the side of Sneijder who wanted a more offensive strategy and the Van Persie camp who wanted something else. Or was it the other way around?

Ofcourse Robben wants to go forward, hes not a defender. He should use his stamina for rushing towards the goal. But thing with Robben is, where is his speed and skill? He does the same all the fucking time since the World Cup. I think he's terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom