• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People still saying it was offside...

ih4UQSL7TYQ9K.gif

Meier

Well City fans can breathe a sigh of relief. Italy through means Prandelli should keep his job and Mancini should sign his new deal.

Will Italy play France if they go through as well? That'll be a good match.

Munin

Spain is the worst thing to happen to football in years. Retarded flashy play style that leads nowhere, then a lucky goal here or there and then lots of diving and whining to carry that through to the end.

Lerozz

Congrats to Spain and Italy.

Sunhi, can you make a gif of that winking blonde after the Italy game was finished ? Danke.

Grath

Sure.

At the first pass, Iniesta was onside, and if the pass went for Navas, he would have been offside. But it didn't went to him, he did nothing to interfere with the ball or any other player.

The next pass created a 'clear', new situation (nothing from before counts now), and because this time Navas was behind Iniesta, it couldn't be offside.

Wilbur

Banned
Actually I take it back, onside. Only saw a quick replay but BBC have just shown it was onside.

I think Busquets have away a penalty though. Lucky there.

Dibbz

Don't worry, I've already started writing my letter to Ofcom

The BBC commentators have been utter shite, especially tonight.

One of them kept calling David Silva, David Villa. Also someone went ahead and changed Ivan Perišić wikipedia page to say:

Ivan Perišić (born 2 February 1989 in Split[1]) is a Croatian football player who plays as a midfielder for Italian Serie A club Borussia Dortmund.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Perišić

and would you know when he got subbed on the commentator said exactly the same as what was written there.

How about BBC start getting commentators that watch football outside of the PL?! fucking idiots.

I'm pretty amazed by the fact that so many people don't know the offside rules.

To be fair, this complicated "passive offside", and the question if you interfere with the play or if the situation in the game after an offside is a new one, is not too easy to comprehend for everyone that is not watching football every week. Such a tournament as the EM brings in a lot of very casual football fans.

RaGe_pt

Loved Croatia on this Euro. Amazing team with great attacking football. Modric is really really good. I hope you guys can keep improving and get better luck next time, you weren't lucky because you had to face two great teams.

Sure.

At the first pass, Iniesta was onside, and if the pass went for Navas, he would have been offside. But it didn't went to him, he did nothing to interfere with the ball or any other player.

The next pass created a 'clear', new situation (nothing from before counts now), and because this time Navas was behind Iniesta, it couldn't be offside.

This man is correct.

Was still a penalty for Croatia though. ;)

Bo-Locks

Spain are still a fantastic team and will be favourites to go through against England or Spain, but they don't look anywhere near as invincible as they did 2-4 years ago.

Onside.

Spain miss David Villa, he was vital to their attack. So much passing without any real penetration and shots on goal which Villa was able to do. He's been their best player along with Xavi and Iniesta over the last few years and 1 of the main reasons they won the tournaments.

Wilbur

Banned
It wasn't offside, you can't be offside if behind the ball.

Yeah I know that. Sorry I'm behind on the thread and only saw the little replay in game. Was watching Italy. It's onside but Busquets is very lucky not to give away a penalty.

I know how offside works. Disputable whether Navas is interfering somehow or is involved but I'd give them the benefit of the doubt. I'm not actually scared of Spain, Croatia gave them a right game

zonezeus

One by one the teams I was rooting for are eliminated. Poland first, then Denmark, now Croatia. I'd say "go Ukraine!" now, but I'd probably jinx them :/

Sure.

Sorry but you're wrong, Navas was certainly interfering with play, given that seconds later he scored a goal. I have no idea where all this "new situation" shit is coming from.

FootballFan

What a goal from Balo. Impressive. Congrats to Italy.

Croatia were unlucky against Spain imo but they should have gone for it harder in the late stages.

BTW there was a couple of hot euro chicks at the end of the Italy game Sunhi(once the italians found out they made it through and were celebrating). Surprised it wasn't GIF'd.

edit
wtf people saying Jesus' goal was offside? *sigh*

hylje

Loved Croatia on this Euro. Amazing team with great attacking football. Modric is really really good. I hope you guys can keep improving and get better luck next time, you weren't lucky because you had to face two great teams.

Argued with couple of friends before tournament about Croatia, they did not believe Croatia has any chance in this group. Last one was not their best game and they do have more to offer.

Congrats Italy and Spain for advancing next stage.

Meier

Just saw the replay on Watch ESPN.. boy, Navas is REALLY close to being offside on the initial pass to Iniesta. I'd hedge towards him being offside actually..

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
If you think that paly on the corner was a penalty ... You have either never looked at what goes on in corner kicks or you have never played soccer a a mid to high level.

Basically, regular rules get overlooked on corner kicks. Rape is the norm.

Actual rape, mind you. Its not unheard of in 3rd division Spanish soccer for somebody to stick a finger up your ass in a corner kick.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Cruel exit for Croatia. I've enjoyed watching them more than a number of other teams still in this, and they certainly played their hearts out today and came oh so close. That's football, though.

That's one hell of a goal from Balotelli, too.

fuenf

Just saw the replay on Watch ESPN.. boy, Navas is REALLY close to being offside on the initial pass to Iniesta. I'd hedge towards him being offside actually..

he was offside but it doesnt matter because the ball was played to Iniesta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom