• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bo-Locks

Sorry but you're wrong, Navas was certainly interfering with play, given that seconds later he scored a goal. I have no idea where all this "new situation" shit is coming from.

I agree with you, but this "interfering with play" rule is incredibly vague, the definition and extent as to what constitutes "interference" varies wildly, and it's a rule that for some reason has gone out of fashion in the last few years.

Shiloa

Sure.

At the first pass, Iniesta was onside, and if the pass went for Navas, he would have been offside. But it didn't went to him, he did nothing to interfere with the ball or any other player.

The next pass created a 'clear', new situation (nothing from before counts now), and because this time Navas was behind Iniesta, it couldn't be offside.
I don't agree.

Why? Not because Iniesta passes to Navas, but because he can pass to Navas. The first situation with the ball over to Iniesta alters the reaction from the Croats. If Iniesta was there on his own, the keeper would've come straight out. Since Navas was there the keeper held back. Navas was there because he was offside.

It's a grey area.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
If you think that paly on the corner was a penalty ... You have either never looked at what goes on in corner kicks or you have never played soccer a a mid to high level.

Basically, regular rules get overlooked on corner kicks.

Gee that's OK then.

Onside.

Spain miss David Villa, he was vital to their attack. So much passing without any real penetration and shots on goal which Villa was able to do. He's been their best player along with Xavi and Iniesta over the last few years and 1 of the main reasons they won the tournaments.

Spain's best player since 2008 is unquestionably, unequivocally them man standing between the posts.

When you keep having slim wins, and your opponent still gets shots on goal, it means your ass is being saved by the goalie.

cloudyy

Sorry but you're wrong, Navas was certainly interfering with play, given that seconds later he scored a goal. I have no idea where all this "new situation" shit is coming from.
I agree, it's the same situation as the first danish goal from Bendtner against portugal. Navas is "passively" offside on the first pass. Passive offside is allowed, it's stupid imo.

Dinokill

Some people still think that Spain are the best NT since 70's Brasil lol. What boring ass team Spain is. I still can believe Spain won the WC putting this type of performance in everygame(8 goals)

FootballFan

Just saw the replay on Watch ESPN.. boy, Navas is REALLY close to being offside on the initial pass to Iniesta. I'd hedge towards him being offside actually..

Even if he was 10 metres offside when the ball went to Iniesta it wouldn't matter.. He didn't interfere with play. The only thing that mattered was if he was onside when Iniesta released the ball to him. And he was onside at that moment.

Wilbur

Banned
If you think that paly on the corner was a penalty ... You have either never looked at what goes on in corner kicks or you have never played soccer a a mid to high level.

Basically, regular rules get overlooked on corner kicks. Rape is the norm.

Actual rape, mind you. Its not unheard of in 3rd division Spanish soccer for somebody to stick a finger up your ass in a corner kick.

It's definitely a penalty. It's not pushing or shirt tugging before the corner's taken, when Corluka jumps Busquets pulls his arm. How does that not affect his position?

Kem0sabe

Spain is the worst thing to happen to football in years. Retarded flashy play style that leads nowhere, then a lucky goal here or there and then lots of diving and whining to carry that through to the end.

I agree, it´s like Guardiola is controlling everything from the stands... hate this fucking style of football.

Only thing that could make this Spanish team more annoying to watch is if Daniel Alves played for Spain.

iDc8UDjBHEmdm.gif

I agree with you, but this "interfering with play" rule is incredibly vague, the definition and extent to what constitutes "interference" varies wildly, and it's a rule that has for some reason gone out of fashion in the last few years.
Ok I've read the rules and concede I'm wrong on this. The goal was fine.

I don't like it but there it is.

If anyone is interested check page 108 of the laws of the game for this exact situation.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/generic/81/42/36/lawsofthegame_2010_11_e.pdf

The Poznan? I'm sure they were actually doing the Huddle.

Isn't it the same fucking thing? Just most of England saw it first with Poznan for some reason. It has been done for so fucking many years now, it pains me a little whenever someone sees Copenhagen do it and then says they got it from City. :(

Talon

I can't recall a single scenario where a goal was disallowed on a similar play in national or EPL play.

Spain didn't play that well in their WC and still managed to win teetering on the edge.. They were better in Euro 08. They haven't played great so far, either. They really do miss Villa, although he was a little inconsistent last time around - partially due to VdB's obsession with sitting him on the left side instead of along at the top more often than not.

We'll see. I think Spain is capable of going off at any moment, as they did against Ireland.

Shiloa

Check out the official rules, 'interfering with the play' doesn't work in this situation.
Ok I've read the rules and concede I'm wrong on this. The goal was fine.

I don't like it but there it is.

If anyone is interested check page 108 of the laws of the game for this exact situation.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/generic/81/42/36/lawsofthegame_2010_11_e.pdf
Not interfering with play. Scroll down further, it's more interfering with an opponent. Navas being offside affects the keeper's actions.

Meier

Even if he was 10 metres offside when the ball went to Iniesta it wouldn't matter.. He didn't interfere with play. The only thing that mattered was if he was onside when Iniesta released the ball to him. And he was onside at that moment.

Yep, clearly onside on the second one. I figured since he was offside initially, he wouldn't be eligible so soon thereafter but obviously not. Nice awareness by Iniesta.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
It's definitely a penalty. It's not pushing or shirt tugging before the corner's taken, when Corluka jumps Busquets pulls his arm. How does that not affect his position?

Im not saying its not a foul, Im saying for a corner kick it needs to be a whole lot more severe than that if you want it to be called. Especially looking at the replay the Croatian player had to jump back to reach the ball, which he managed to do.

Im 100% positive that if you look at the 10 corner kicks Spain took this game, youll find much worse fouls taking place ... And thats OK. Happens all the time.

Talon

Now the Biscuits hate, I totally understand. :jnc

I love Xabi Alonso - one of my favorite players of all time from back at Liverpool, but he's looked out of sorts in all the games this year.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
They've won the last two major tournaments, people don't like seeing teams grab consecutive titles..

Did you watch their matches in the World Cup? Literally some of the most boring, uneventful matches in the entire tournament. That's where the Spain hate comes from.

I agree, it´s like Guardiola is controlling everything from the stands... hate this fucking style of football.

Only thing that could make this Spanish team more annoying to watch is if Daniel Alves played for Spain.

Guardiola's Barcelona play a different style than Spain. They have Messi and their play is much more appealing to watch.

Wilbur

Banned
So much pushing and pulling goes on at corners that if you were strict by the rule book there would be a penalty at every one. But there's a fair chance Corluka gets his head to that if he isn't being pulled away

Not interfering with play. Scroll down further, it's more interfering with an opponent. Navas being offside affects the keeper's actions.
That's the way I think the rules should be too, there's no excuse for being offside. Unfortunately FIFA don't agree, read page 108 of the rules and it describes this exact situation.

Dinokill

Im not saying its not a foul, Im saying for a corner kick it needs to be a whole lot more severe than that if you want it to be called. Especially looking at the replay the Croatian player had to jump back to reach the ball, which he managed to do.

Im 100% positive that if you look at the 10 corner kicks Spain took this game, youll find much worse fouls taking place ... And thats OK. Happens all the time.

lol dude. No.

Talon

The difference between Barca and Spain is that Barca finishes its chances.

And Biscuits never finds himself in the box on a counter.

Wilbur

Banned

Sorry I disagree. The reason he's jumped back to reach the ball is because Busquets is twisting him away from it.

Buzzati

Banned
Baconsaurus:
Does anybody have an idea what Balotelli was saying during his celebration? Wonder why Bonucci was trying to shut Balotelli up/covering his mouth.

It's a celebration thing that some people do.
soc_g_nasri3_sy_310.jpg

"Shhhh! I scored! Now keep it down!"

JC-shhhh.jpg

"Okay! teehee"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom