• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

European Council President says Trump poses threat to Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoeless

You can't complain about your lot in life and still be disconnected from current events, yet it seems like almost everyone that i know is, especially in my age group. They don't watch politics, don't listen to it and don't believe in it most importantly

I think that this, really, is one of the great, unexpected, tragic ironies of the "Information Age."

We all thought that the best way to fight ignorance was to ensure that people had access to information. We never accounted for the possibility that information overload, with too much data available at any given time, from numerous sources both credible and not, would simply make it easier for people to ignore information they didn't like, and focus only on the information that interested them or conformed to their beliefs and biases.

Naively, I guess, we all assumed that when lots of data was available, it would be more signal than noise, but it's actually the noise, not the absence of signal, that is making it harder to educate yourself properly.

TeddyBoy

Tusk is right and I'm happy he's speaking so freely, hopefully this means an EU army and increased federalisation are on the cards.

America's leadership can't be trusted, but there are millions of us that are deeply disturbed by where they're taking us. Personally, I'll be an ally to the EU from now until the day I draw my last breath. I believe in the EU more than I do my own country. I still have faith that we will defeat the march towards nationalism though, as increasingly naive as that may seem.

United in diversity, now and forever.

Well said Joe!

qcf x2

I think that this, really, is one of the great, unexpected, tragic ironies of the "Information Age."

We all thought that the best way to fight ignorance was to ensure that people had access to information. We never accounted for the possibility that information overload, with too much data available at any given time, from numerous sources both credible and not, would simply make it easier for people to ignore information they didn't like, and focus only on the information that interested them or conformed to their beliefs and biases.

Naively, I guess, we all assumed that when lots of data was available, it would be more signal than noise, but it's actually the noise, not the absence of signal, that is making it harder to educate yourself properly.

Who is "we," exactly? Many people foresaw this.

I mean, if you guys want to do something about him, it's cool. I think we're proving on a daily basis that we aren't really that into our sovereignty anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom