• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EverQuest Next Landmark Alpha |OT| Settle in, Trailblazin' is afoot.

There seems to be some sort of glitch that lets you duplicate rubies. I was watching a EQ: Landmark stream last night and this player had mined some rubies. Then he would place down blocks of made of Rubies down, then brake them apart with his pick. He seemed to farm back more rubies then he placed down.

Can any Players confirm this?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
All right, got a much better location now. I'm in Courage:Gulch, tier 3. If anyone's looking for a tier 3 claim, there's lots of room here.

I made a Google Docs spreadsheet - anyone can edit using this link: Spreadsheet.
Want to add it to the OP? Might be easier to maintain. (Feel free to add columns or whatever)

There seems to be some sort of glitch that lets you duplicate rubies. I was watching a EQ: Landmark stream last night and this player had mined some rubies. Then he would place down blocks of made of Rubies down, then brake them apart with his pick. He seemed to farm back more rubies then he placed down.

Confirmed. I just tried it and figured it out. You have to be outside a claim. The trick is: (quote to see). Not sure if they have a dedicated address for this stuff yet so I just emailed it to John Smedley. Edit: there we go, got a quick reply. They're on it.

All right, got a much better location now. I'm in Courage:Gulch, tier 3. If anyone's looking for a tier 3 claim, there's lots of room here.

I made a Google Docs spreadsheet - anyone can edit using this link: Spreadsheet.
Want to add it to the OP? Might be easier to maintain. (Feel free to add columns or whatever)

Confirmed. I just tried it and figured it out. You have to be outside a claim. The trick is: (quote to see). Not sure if they have a dedicated address for this stuff yet so I just emailed it to John Smedley. Edit: there we go, got a quick reply. They're on it.

Awesome! i hope they don't patch this glitch before i can get the game.

Also this game needs an off line mode so you can build an entire world, fill it with monsters and create your own RPG's.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Cool, looks like it's working. Haven't set up one of these before, it's actually showing the edits live as you make them.

Ashodin

Added to OP!

Trouble

Banned
Oh snap, I found a bugged out tree that respawns after about 20 seconds. I know where I'll be camping out for burled wood.

Also, just crafted this bad boy:
ahnjLAw.png

Westlo

USA Prices $100, $60, $20
Australian Prices $115, $60, $20

Lolwhut? Did they forget to put the Australian tax on the explorers pack or something?

Explorers pack it is, add me to the alpha list please.

Polymath

Neo Member
If I buy one of these packs, do I get access to the full game/beta whenever it releases?
Can someone please shed some light for me on this matter?

nubbe

If I buy one of these packs, do I get access to the full game/beta whenever it releases?
Can someone please shed some light for me on this matter?

The game is F2P when released
Alpha progress will be wiped
Beta will retain items and resources when it goes Live (from what I've read)

You buy the access packs because your a crazy person

Klyka

Banned

it's ebcause he uses rings that give bonus to harvesting. thereby he makes more than what he placed down. Say you mine 1000stone. You put down 1000 stone and mine it again with a 20% bonus. Now you have 1200 stone. Rinse and repeat.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Just made this, It's no legendary, but damn is this beauty fast for burled wood gathering, maybe out of the next 20 I make I'll get a legendary with good damage and speed XD

G6ESphW.png

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
I crafted 15 copper axes last night. All green :(

If it makes you feel any better, my first 20 were all green too, got 2 blues out of my second 20, the other blue had 85 damage but only 62 speed.

WTB 100/100 axe or a set of Mastercraft Bracers! :p

zeox

disappointing amount of screenshots in this thread. let's fix it!

this is what I've done so far. The tower is going to be taller, i'm just completely out of resources at the moment :S. I also decided to build the staircase inside the tower in burled wood, so that's been fun (no). It'll be worth it though

Zalusithix

I also decided to build the staircase inside the tower in burled wood, so that's been fun (no).
You, sir, are the very definition of a masochist! =p

This game has taught me to hate burled wood. So many poor trees cut down for handles smaller than one of their branches. ;)

Vilam

Maxis Redwood

this is what I've done so far. The tower is going to be taller, i'm just completely out of resources at the moment :S. I also decided to build the staircase inside the tower in burled wood, so that's been fun (no). It'll be worth it though

Better hope that lot doesn't get wiped, lol.

terrisus

Yeah - as someone still stuck waiting for a bit before jumping in, I would love to see more pictures of what people are doing in here.

I wish Landmark had an off-line mode so that a player could rebuild the entire world if they wanted. While the building and crafting parts if this game looks amazing, the claims seem a little small for some of my more ambitious ideals.

I still can't wait to play it.

Trouble

Banned
I wish Landmark had an off-line mode so that a player could rebuild the entire world if they wanted. While the building and crafting parts if this game looks amazing, the claims seem a little small for some of my more ambitious ideals.

I still can't wait to play it.

Eventually we'll be able to expand existing claims and get other claims as well.

Absinthe

I feel like my claim has much less space then yours, is there a way to increase the X-Y space and sacrifice Z or are all claims the same?

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis

Mine so far. I'm just building whatever.

Osiris

Nice, after having to put up with a painfully slow and low damage tungsten pick, my Viridium pick came out a bit better :D

U5nUkDw.png

zeox

I feel like my claim has much less space then yours, is there a way to increase the X-Y space and sacrifice Z or are all claims the same?

All claims should be the same size. I'm building out to the very edges on mine

Yeah I've noticed this as well. My claim is really thing, but very tell. What gives?

this made me laugh way more than it should have

Mine so far. I'm just building whatever.

LOVE the buried barrels. nice work on the interior as well

Effect

Finally got my refund processed. Though they didn't do it fully. I had first gotten the Settlers Pack and then upgraded to the Trailblazer. Got the upgrade refunded but the Settlers Pack is still on my account. I explained all of this to them initially as well. So now have to wait for them to respond again to see if I can get that removed as there really is no benefit to even having that when I really think about it. The pickaxe is certainly not worth 20 dollars. I only got it originally because I had a gift card from the holidays and didn't want to drop $100 all at once.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
"Tonight's server downtime to address claims not showing correctly is planned for 6:00PM PST. [Dexella]"

Damaniel

Banned
I've been working on my claim now that things seem to be staying around after you build them. It's a work in progress, but if you're bored and looking for something to do, I have hollowed out the entire area under my claim and used it to build a giant, 5 story maze. Took me about 8 hours to build the stupid thing, but it has proper maze-like structure (I actually drew it out before building it in-game). No screenshots of that, but it's there - there are two entrances to it on my claim; one for the lowest floor and one for the highest.

If you're interested, my claim is at approximately (1461, 1096, -552) on Liberation - Alas, approximately a 3 minute walk northeast of the portal. You can't miss the place, it's fully surrounded by a wall. :)

EDIT: I just noticed that HUGE tower way off in the distance on somebody's claim. I'll have to go check it out...

YuShtink

Coolest part about the game for me so far is just being able to see all the player made structures from so far in the distance. Really cool seeing in-construction towers and fortresses way off on distant mountain tops while you are working on yours or just passing through.

RK9039

I've been working on my claim now that things seem to be staying around after you build them. It's a work in progress, but if you're bored and looking for something to do, I have hollowed out the entire area under my claim and used it to build a giant, 5 story maze. Took me about 8 hours to build the stupid thing, but it has proper maze-like structure (I actually drew it out before building it in-game). No screenshots of that, but it's there - there are two entrances to it on my claim; one for the lowest floor and one for the highest.

If you're interested, my claim is at approximately (1461, 1096, -552) on Liberation - Alas, approximately a 3 minute walk northeast of the portal. You can't miss the place, it's fully surrounded by a wall. :)

That is really nice, good job.

Mine is also a work in progress, I only had an hour to mess around today.

Screw towers. Towers are too generic and overrated, I have plans for this sheeet and it's going to work. I just need all the tools, I haven't made the smoothing tool which is the main one. This game is basically a giant art gallery, so good.

demolitio

I wonder if they're going to do any contests to win access to the alpha or beta. That seems like my only shot at this point but I have a lot of time on my hands..lol.

Makes me miss UGO where they gave away crap each day.

Top Bottom