• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 Fighting game championship of the World July 12th - 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
http://shoryuken.com/2013/07/09/changes-to-evo-2013-smash-schedule/

evo2013-final-stream-schedule.png

evo2013-schedule.png
lol, holy shit Nintendo.

Syntsui

Good move Nintendo, promoting your games to the entire planet in one of the biggest tournaments in the world is horrible.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
No Smash stream because Nintendo doesn't like free press? Most bogus thing I've heard since the last really bogus thing I've heard.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Holy shit wow.

Double wow at some people's jokes in this thread becoming a reality.

Someone make a thread about this, jesus christ.

Fucking Nintendo.

MrDaravon

holy shit what

I mean, first off how did they not make sure this was okay with them first

but also forget that, what the fuck Nintendo

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
What in the literal flying fuck.

This proves that Nintendo of America actually practices a perverted form of anti-marketing. We all suspected it was so, this confirms it.

Moaradin

Are you fucking kidding me? This doesn't make sense. It's not like this is the first time Smash was streamed. EVO couldn't get the say from Nintendo a little earlier?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Also take note UMVC3 is on multiple streams at once in the new schedule :v

When's Marvel more like when ISN'T marvel

JeTmAn81

So what could Nintendo be thinking on this? What business strategy would yanking Smash from the streams support? I'm asking seriously, not just asking for trolls and insults. Are they just entrenched in outmoded Japanese business practices?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What in the literal flying fuck.

This proves that Nintendo of America actually practices a perverted form of anti-marketing. We all suspected it was so, this confirms it.
Yup.

The Dark Reggie Arts.

Seriously though, get the fuck out of here Nintendo.

If this is true Nintendo legal are absolute cunts. Fuck free publicity, fuck your fans for making massive donations to charity in order to get it going.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Fucking Nintendo. This gives me even more reasons to hate them. Fuck the WiiU, I'm not buying that shit now.

smurfx

get some go again
please tell me the evo guys didn't try to get permission last minute and nintendo said no. this shit should have been locked up since smash won the charity drive.

OceanBlue

The worst part is that how hard this shuts down a lot of the Melee community's hard work and enthusiasm. They're still going to be at EVO, I guess. I feel awful for the Melee community right now. They don't deserve this at all.

Dahbomb

Not all that shocking to be honest... Nintendo is so anti-competition. Makes me wonder why people are hyped about the next Smash anyway, they don't even consider the game a fighter and they could care less about the competitive side of things as long as the Ninty fans line up day one for the product like sheep.

MrDaravon

The only thing I can think of that remotely makes sense is that it's such a big and public tournament that they're not happy with it being streamed when it's not for charity/nonprofit, or something like that (there was the charity drive, but the Evo itself is not for charity purposes). I dunno.

It's super shitty of Nintendo, but in all seriousness how was this not the first thing they cleared with Nintendo months ago? (unless they did and Nintendo changed their mind)

Tbh, I should have seen this.

MLG wasn't allowed to broadcast Smash as well and that's why it was eventually removed despite it getting a good crowd that was hype.

smurfx

get some go again
the melee community and the rest of the fgc should twitter bomb nintendo until they change their mind and send thousands of emails. there is still time to change things around.

I don't get why they'd let it run at Apex given the shady history of the event but won't stand for it being up at Evo despite the huge fan collaboration to get it there.

JeTmAn81

the melee community and the rest of the fgc should twitter bomb nintendo until they change their mind and send thousands of emails. there is still time to change things around.

I just tweeted the same message to all three English-language Nintendo Twitter accounts:

"Why is Smash being pulled from the EVO 2013 streams at the last minute? This makes no sense!"

OceanBlue

Does this mean that VGBootcamp's side stream will be shut down as well? Or does this only affect the official EVO stream?

notworksafe

Sucks for everyone who donated to get Smash on a big stage like this. Of course Nintendo pulled the same stunt with MLG and Brawl. They just don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom