• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 Fighting game championship of the World July 12th - 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tweeted the same message to all three English-language Nintendo Twitter accounts:

"Why is Smash being pulled from the EVO 2013 streams at the last minute? This makes no sense!"
What are the three accounts? Would you post them in the relevant thread? I think we should all do this. I plan on saying this, though:
"Why are you harming fan enjoyment of your games? #SmashEvo"

Does this mean that VGBootcamp's side stream will be shut down as well? Or does this only affect the official EVO stream?
Just official EVO stream. I think VG Bootcamp can still do it.

http://smashboards.com/threads/evo-2013-stream-cancelled.338406/

All broadcasts of SSBM, both official and unofficial, will be forbidden at Evo 2013. Though I understand everyone is disappointed, please do not setup bootleg SSBM streams on your phones. Doing so would put the entire tournament in jeopardy. Anyone at Evo who broadcasts SSBM will be immediately disqualified from the tournament, their passes will be revoked, and you will be asked to leave the premises.

Not all that shocking to be honest... Nintendo is so anti-competition. Makes me wonder why people are hyped about the next Smash anyway, they don't even consider the game a fighter and they could care less about the competitive side of things as long as the Ninty fans line up day one for the product like sheep.

True

jbug617

Banned
If there's a bright side, I guess this is it. :|

I was wrong. You can do that either because of Nintendo. Here is Ponder's statement to Smash Boards

It's with a very heavy heart that I must report some bad news. I'm sure you're all aware that Nintendo is tightening it's policies around uses of it's IP by 3rd parties. We have just been informed by their legal department that we do not have permission to stream SSBM. We will, of course, honor both the letter and the intent of their request. All broadcasts of SSBM, both official and unofficial, will be forbidden at Evo 2013. Though I understand everyone is disappointed, please do not setup bootleg SSBM streams on your phones. Doing so would put the entire tournament in jeopardy. Anyone at Evo who broadcasts SSBM will be immediately disqualified from the tournament, their passes will be revoked, and you will be asked to leave the premises. You are, of course, free to take whatever pictures or videos you like for your own personal enjoyment at the event.

Since it cannot be broadcast, we will be moving the SSBM finals to Saturday immediately following the Semi Finals (est: 2:00 PM).

You guys worked very hard to get to Evo, and you should be proud of what you've done for your community and the millions of victims of Breast Cancer around the world. Even though there will be no stream, we think Smash is going to be one of the highlights of Evo this year, and we're proud to have you guys be a part of it!

Dahbomb

All broadcasts of SSBM, both official and unofficial, will be forbidden at Evo 2013. Though I understand everyone is disappointed, please do not setup bootleg SSBM streams on your phones. Doing so would put the entire tournament in jeopardy. Anyone at Evo who broadcasts SSBM will be immediately disqualified from the tournament, their passes will be revoked, and you will be asked to leave the premises.

AaiPg.gif

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Good move Nintendo, promoting your games to the entire planet in one of the biggest tournaments in the world is horrible.

For real. Wow. And I was kinda looking forward to watching that stream. Nintendo is such a weird fucking company.

El Sloth

Banned
Hahahahaha, fucking amazing. What a complete dick move.

How amazing would it be if Sakurai came out and said that he was the one who asked NoA to do this?

oTNPAMd.gif

BY2K

Membero Americo
Didn't people already donate a shit ton of money so they could see Smash at EVO? What's gonna happen to that?

Owensboro

Cant wait for this, last year's tournament of legends was fucking awesome:

Video

Really looking forward to the ST torunamentthis year

ST was totally my favorite part of all of Evo last year. Second was KoF. Going into it I never, ever, ever would have thought that.

HOLY SHIT NINTENDO JUST NUKED THEIR GAME FROM ORBIT.

How are they that dumb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom