• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 Fighting game championship of the World July 12th - 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keits

Developer
Two things;

1.) Divekick side tournament at EVO at the Iron Galaxy booth. Signups and practice on Friday, $10. Tournament on Saturday, double elimination, with top 8 on the live stream. $5,000 guaranteed prize pot paid down top 16.

2.) My name is Adam Heart, not Adam Keits. Much love!

Horseress

Man, I'm really sad about this, but I can't help but laugh at this very moment: Triforce has the chance to finally becoming the FGC hero!

THAT'S YOUR CHANGE TRIFORCE! SAVE FGC"S CHRISTMAS!

smurfx

get some go again
if triforce can do anything then i welcome it. there is still enough time to get a last reversal but people will have to be relentless. maybe the evo guys can promise to run the new smash bros trailer or something.

Shouta

Two things;

1.) Divekick side tournament at EVO at the Iron Galaxy booth. Signups and practice on Friday, $10. Tournament on Saturday, double elimination, with top 8 on the live stream. $5,000 guaranteed prize pot paid down top 16.

Gonna have to change your name to Adam Keits Heart soon. =o

Astarte

Wasn't the reason why people scrambled to donate for ssbm to be at evo to see it on the big stage? Thanks Nintendude.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Two things;

Okay Uncle Joey.

To quote myself on Twitter, I'm not even participating in Smash, actually benefit from NoA's decision, and yet I still feel betrayed by the EVO situation.

Two things;

Awesome, I was wondering about point #1. See you there then maybe.

smurfx

get some go again
when did the evo guys try and get permission though? was it this week or something? how long would something like that take? i hope it wasn't a last minute thing. if they had said no a month back then people would have had way more time to make nintendo say yes.

Meanwhile NRS and MS are moneyhating them to stream their games.

Yeah, it's amazing to see a company actively act against the community of players for their game. Really makes you appreciate companies that have put resources into supporting the scene.

Chavelo

Seeing some shitty tweets on my twitter feed from the P4A community regarding the Melee decision at EVO. They're only on Sunday finals now because a whole community got screwed over :/

MrDaravon

Real talk: does this mean the Chris G / Smedwicks match is going to be onstream!?

when did the evo guys try and get permission though? was it this week or something? how long would something like that take? i hope it wasn't a last minute thing. if they had said no a month back then people would have had way more time to make nintendo say yes.

Yeah, this is what I would really like to know at this point too; given the (apparent) Nintendo shutdown of Smash as MLG as well as Nintendo ruling videos of their game online with an iron fist, in hindsight we should have seen this coming. I feel super shitty for the people who donated money who can't go and won't see any of it, but also even worse for the people spending their savings to go and it won't even be streamed. At this point I think there needs to be some clarification on if Evo didn't clear this months ago like they should have or not; if not, those players and the people who donated have a right to be very angry about it.

Eliver Ling ‏@eliverling 20m
Dear Smash community, you have my sympathy. But don't let this ruin your weekend. Go to @evo2k and have fun. And preorder a PS4

lol

OceanBlue

Seeing some shitty tweets on my twitter feed from the P4A community regarding the Melee decision at EVO. They're only on Sunday finals now because a whole community got screwed over :/

I'm seeing shitty comments everywhere from every community, but the majority of comments from every community basically consists of disbelief and disgust. I don't think any community is happy about this.

Xpliskin

How and why would a company deny FREE MARKETING ?

Given a sequel is in the works,

Now I'm really curious, hopefully an official statement will be put out soon.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
pre-ordering a PS4 right now, and an X1 too just for maximum spite

still wuv my 3DS tho, even though Nintendo are incompetent at times with that too

Chavelo

I'll repeat my bet here: the Smash no-stream-at-Evo story doesn't make it to Kotaku.

lmao, what are you betting, son? I want in. Cause that'd be the type of shit Kotaku loves to put on there.

I can see the headline already: Nintedo loves Breast Cancer; cancels tournament for group of players that won a fundraiser for Breast Cancer Prevention.

xXYj53R.png

Yo, Edward Boon

I feel for the Smash guys though. This is just low for Nintendo and especially stupid to do so days before the event.

MrDaravon

I imagine alot of P4A players are really pissed because it fucks with their flight plans if they have to stay an extra day

Yup, LK can't make top 8 now, and as far as I (very casually) know he's the favorite to win:

Steve ロードナイト@P4EVO ‏@LordKnightBB 9m
i scheduled a flight home at 7am sunday because i thought the final would be friday. so, i cant play in top 8, sorry.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I'm super pissed at this Smash news. Hope people attending EVO make their voices heard at some way at the event. Don't know the best way to do this, but there is room for some creative ways of showing your frustration. People that cosplay could incorporate some form of protest signifiers in their costumes or people could care signs with lovably dumb slogans about the situation. All in all, I just hope people do something, so that there can be a bigger media backfire for them to deal with.

As someone who was really impressed by the APEX (or Winter Brawl) Smash stuff this year, i was actually really looking forward to this. Now, Nintendo fucked their fans big time here, and i'm sure the Persona fans would have been thrilled, but it seems like some can't compete in the finals now if they do make it. Wow. What a clusterfuck.

Wait, no smash on stream on any of the three days? After everything that's happened, Skullgirls gets stream time, Injustice (when was that added?) gets stream time, and divekick gets stream time but none for smash?

That's beyond fucked up. I love watching EVO and I wouldn't even mind if they didn't show pools at all fri or sat, but come on, at least put top 8 or even top 4 on the final day. We all put our hearts and souls into this and all we wanted was some main stage exposure. We deserve it.

EDIT: I just saw the news about Nintendo. After all this? Fucking infuriating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom