• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 Fighting game championship of the World July 12th - 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

guek

Banned
Whoo melee!

Anywho, I was curious since I've been playing it quite a bit lately, how big is the injustice scene? I was a bit surprised to see it getting such strong coverage at EVO, I didn't know the fighting game scene had latched onto it at all.

Just saw the update with Dieminion and Valle replacing Infiltration and Laugh. Again I'm not happy to see two guys from the same country representing Team Wild Card. It doesn't specifically say every member of Team Wild Card should be from different countries or regions but I think it would be better this way. Now it feels like they've gone from Team Korea + Popi to team USA/North America 2 + Popi. I'd prefer Valle or Dieminion out and someone like Tokido added to that line up. But it's understandable as they can't easily get a hold of most of these international guys at the moment.

Wolfkrone taking shots on facebook

"Whose bright idea was it the pick the USA team for EVO exhibition. Team sucks except for Chris G. Should have at least chose me or latif on the team. Viper is gdlk in teams. Didn't do a poll or nothing"

smurfx

get some go again
btw i'm giving triforce 100% of the credit for nintendo reversing its decision. why? because its funnier that way.

Going to the airport in 5 hours :D

Wasn't excited before but now that it's closer -- DUFF GARDENS, HOORAH

Wish me luck in actually waking up for 8am Saturday pools, will try to avoid being a chumpette

btw i'm giving triforce 100% of the credit for for nintendo reversing its decision. why? because its funnier that way.

he's not saying he was the reason for this decision, but he is letting people know he talked to the right people at the right time.

Revven

Mango, one of the top Melee players, is streaming a practicing session right now if you wanna see some Melee after what happened today.

He's playing with a very good Samus player, to boot (who will also be at EVO). And apparently on srkevo1 Melee EVO 2007 is streaming too!

Whoo melee!

Anywho, I was curious since I've been playing it quite a bit lately, how big is the injustice scene? I was a bit surprised to see it getting such strong coverage at EVO, I didn't know the fighting game scene had latched onto it at all.

Injustice is pretty popular for now. I think it has the 4th most entrants after AE, Marvel, and Smash.

"Whose bright idea was it the pick the USA team for EVO exhibition. Team sucks except for Chris G. Should have at least chose me or latif on the team. Viper is gdlk in teams. Didn't do a poll or nothing"

When was the last time he or Latif ever did well in a major? If anything Jayce the Ace and Gridman have more rights to be in the USA team than those 2.

Gleethor

Mango, one of the top Melee players, is streaming a practicing session right now if you wanna see some Melee after what happened today.

He's playing with a very good Samus player, to boot (who will also be at EVO). And apparently on srkevo1 Melee EVO 2007 is streaming too!

Are they playing on custom stages? Kinda bizarre. They don't do that in actual match play do they?

Revven

Are they playing on custom stages? Kinda bizarre. They don't do that in actual match play do they?

No, not at the tournaments, heavens no haha. That's just his personal stuff... since the Wii is really moddable Melee has been opened up a bit more to allow texture changes.

Gleethor

No, not at the tournaments, heavens no haha. That's just his personal stuff... since the Wii is really moddable Melee has been opened up a bit more to allow texture changes.

Ah ok, makes sense. If they played on modded stages during matches i could sort of understand Nintendo not wanting evo to misrepresent the game.

Just saw the update with Dieminion and Valle replacing Infiltration and Laugh. Again I'm not happy to see two guys from the same country representing Team Wild Card. It doesn't specifically say every member of Team Wild Card should be from different countries or regions but I think it would be better this way. Now it feels like they've gone from Team Korea + Popi to team USA/North America 2 + Popi. I'd prefer Valle or Dieminion out and someone like Tokido added to that line up. But it's understandable as they can't easily get a hold of most of these international guys at the moment.

Really? Team one and done.

We need canadian representation. They are the second biggest demographic attending Evo and they have no one in this wild card events

Codeblue

Regarding Melee, I thought Armada retired?

Also, I want to see Hungrybox win just because he played a Ness in the later stages of a major tournament last time.

Dude, how is your heart doing after this fucking crazy day? :lol

Hah, today was rough. But it looks like we finally beat the gorilla off our back.

The smash community exorcised its greatest demon today. I don't know if this means that Nintendo will put any effort into cooperating with us, but maybe at least it means they'll leave us the fuck alone.

OOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhh. Lol hes hella salty and to be honest, why was he or latif not put as a replacement on the Wild Card team? No offense to Valle or Dieminion, as they are obviously very good SF4 players.

EDIT: NVM, as apparently as the team captains choose the team.

I'm ready for lots of this

ixkF19CGqq1yg.gif

ib0IL8Ajyh4XyM.gif

iLa6xsZCptE3C.gif

Someone needs to update this..lol

AxY4hSaCMAAWu8g.jpg

I'm counting the days!!!!

Man, I really hope Moonz and/or Ray Ray do really well this weekend. Those two are the Marvel players I really want to go the distance and finally get their break. How can you not be a fan of either's Marvel play?

And they're from bEAST coast <3

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";69303176]Damn, two of my favorite players.[/QUOTE]

Green Ace is one of the players that needs to be around more, his play really is a breath of fresh air which is good for the life of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom