• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 Fighting game championship of the World July 12th - 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

So guys, what crazy shit do you think will happen today? Will Capcom confirm that UMvC3 is a Nintendo game, like Noah said on Facebook yesterday? And then Triforce will step up from the Arc and solve all copyright problems with Nintendo again? I don't know, do you? I don't think so.
What the FUCK is this shit?

228314_222360444447466_100000205374566_1052510_1357546_n.jpg

LOL

That's perfect.

Kuroda plays SF4, but he doesn't care about it. Kinda like when Yipes played Abel.

When you're the best in the world with 4 different characters in one game, it's hard to give that game up.
Trash talking at a professional level just comes off as thuggish and embarrasing, IMO. I much prefer the more respectful approach that Japanese players take over the way that some East Coasters/West Coasters act over here.

And who exactly is a professional fighting game player? As far as I know, only FChamp is.

Gumbie

Who do you think will bust out some new Morrigan/Doom tech that they've been saving up for EVO to fight ChrisG? I think FChamp will have something ready, maybe the Dormammu build meter for Phoenix?

Shouta

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";69372696]Kuroda plays SF4, but he doesn't care about it. Kinda like when Yipes played Abel.

When you're the best in the world with 4 different characters in one game, it's hard to give that game up.[/QUOTE]

Well that, and I bet he enjoys playing the game more than SF4. It's the only series of games in SF that radically changed the core gameplan (i.e. parrying making fireballs and footsies less powerful a tool) and it's likely the style Kurod prefers.

Also, Smedwicks gonna take out Chris G in the first round!

offcast

Neo Member
Hey Guys,

Thanks to anyone that helped me during the stream last night. One of my favorite things about MLG/eSports is that you know when your favorite players will be playing. So I created a sort of schedule for AE to hopefully ensure the best matches make it to the mainstage. Now I'm not promising these matches will go up or even happen due to upsets, but a least you can know when to tune in and likely see your favorite player. Later this evening around 6pm PST I'll be putting together a list for UMVC3.

Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApdYUdFxjuy6dHhMUHYybGFkeWlZQVExcnpEQnhHOVE#gid=0

Dahbomb

Who do you think will bust out some new Morrigan/Doom tech that they've been saving up for EVO to fight ChrisG? I think FChamp will have something ready, maybe the Dormammu build meter for Phoenix?
As far as I know only FChamp has an actual "counter" team. The rest of the players just have an extra character they will swap into the team like Flocker/Killer Kai putting in Strider instead of Hawkeye/Taskmaster. Apologyman will be using his Firebrand + Skrull team.

Its a shame that Drew Grimey and Dickwin aren't attending. Dickwin especially has a great team to counter MorriDoom.

Also MorriDoom isn't a problem for most top players now who have a good team. ChrisG's Vergil Missiles has been doing a ton of work lately.

Hey Guys,

Thanks to anyone that helped me during the stream last night. One of my favorite things about MLG/eSports is that you know when your favorite players will be playing. So I created a sort of schedule for AE to hopefully ensure the best matches make it to the mainstage. Now I'm not promising these matches will go up or even happen due to upsets, but a least you can know when to tune in and likely see your favorite player. Later this evening around 6pm PST I'll be putting together a list for UMVC3.

Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApdYUdFxjuy6dHhMUHYybGFkeWlZQVExcnpEQnhHOVE#gid=0
Thank you!

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Hey Guys,

woah, nice

Dahbomb

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";69375376]By the time this weekend passes, Marn will still have won more EVO titles than Chris G.

Bet it.[/QUOTE]
Why hasn't Kadey gotten in on this action?

El Sloth

Banned
Hey Guys,

Sweet. Thanks for taking the time to make this.

ScOULaris

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";69372696]And who exactly is a professional fighting game player? As far as I know, only FChamp is.[/QUOTE]

Huh? Tons of players are "professional." Anyone who is sponsored is essentially a professional player in that they get paid to play. That's the definition.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
After that dinner fiasco, why would I want to bet with your ass? Get out of here with that crap.

Dahbomb is too chicken shit to actually bet with me while someone else had to step in.

After that dinner fiasco, why would I want to bet with your ass? Get out of here with that crap.

Dahbomb is too chicken shit to actually bet with me while someone else had to step in.

Because you asked me to post the dinner I got and you didn't see the picture when I posted it the day I ate it? And then you didn't complain till like a month later? So I re dug up the picture from my camera and gave it to you then you still complained? What did you want, exif data?

Shouta

Gems to be added in SFIV confirmed

EDIT: I would LOVE to see this happening. Not because SfxT, but the salt would be DELICIOUS!

I'd actually be really happy if they announced simultaneous DLC for AE and SFxT.

12 new chars for SFxT (6 Tekken/6 SF) then announce all of the SF chars for AE as well.

Dahbomb

I will take the bet of ChrisG not winning EVO. No absurd amount of money though.

And I ain't chicken shit. I just wouldn't bet real money on Champ placing higher than ChrisG.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Shut the hell up. I did enough digging to see you didnt post jack shit. But I let the issue slide anyway because it doesnt matter anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom