• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 Fighting game championship of the World July 12th - 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.
After that dinner fiasco, why would I want to bet with your ass? Get out of here with that crap.

Dahbomb is too chicken shit to actually bet with me while someone else had to step in.

iyDFgsXo74EIG.gif

Dahbomb

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";69382321]Ok, I'll put ten down for you.[/QUOTE]
It's a deal then. Marn makes top 8 in UMVC3 I give you 30 bucks, if not I get 10.

Shake on it.

My evil twin is just too lovable, apparently.

Curleh Mustache this weekend, he did pretty well, almost eliminated F.Champ

All of the faith is coming from him going 2-3 against FChamp at Curleh.

That same luck that happened from the no-name dude that put Chris G in losers in that tournament that I don't remember. Means nothing. Marn will not place at EVO. Too many gods there.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I said it before. If Marn actually had the same discipline as other top players, he'd easily be the best. He has that natural execution that people wished they had, and with his way of thinking, it's hard to tell what he'll do. You don't prepare for the characters he uses, you prepare for him.

And as far as professional players go, unless they are getting a salary and it is their job, they are not a professional player. Even Daigo is not, he has a day job. I'm not too sure about the EG boys because Justin seems to have a job as well but it appears Champ really is the only legit professional player in the FGC.

Beckx

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";69372696]

And who exactly is a professional fighting game player? As far as I know, only FChamp is.[/QUOTE]

Better question is, if we are using traditional definitions, who is an amateur? Guys who only go to TRB, NLBC for unpaid events and never anywhere else?

Gumbie

The only way I see ChrisG losing is if he gets caught with some Zero lightning loops. KillerKai was looking damn good at CM. Maybe Flocker catches him?

I said it before. If Marn actually had the same discipline as other top players, he'd easily be the best. He has that natural execution that people wished they had, and with his way of thinking, it's hard to tell what he'll do. You don't prepare for the characters he uses, you prepare for him.

Not too much discipline. Marn plays like a nut, but if he's a focused nut, he's tough to beat.

Shouta

Every time you say this, it makes me want to see a picture of you...

We don't actually look alike though someone has said I reminded them of Marn. I think it's the fat asian guy thing. Besides, we can't be twins. I'm not a total failure in everything but video games.

Anyone remember when Smedwick's pool is in marvel? I'll see if I can show up and talk some fun smack during the match to distract Chris G.

ScOULaris

I will say that when Marn's in the zone in Marvel, there's nobody else I'd rather watch. He pulls out some sick tech every time I happen to catch him on stream.

But yeah, he's kind of like Poongko in that his recklessness keeps him from being one of the absolute best. When he's on, he dominates. But when someone more methodical figures him out, he loses.

Beckx

We don't actually look alike though someone has said I reminded them of Marn. I think it's the fat asian guy thing. Besides, we can't be twins. I'm not a total failure in everything but video games.

Anyone remember when Smedwick's pool is in marvel? I'll see if I can show up and talk some fun smack during the match to distract Chris G.

...while pretending to be Marn.

I will say that when Marn's in the zone in Marvel, there's nobody else I'd rather watch. He pulls out some sick tech every time I happen to catch him on stream.

But yeah, he's kind of like Poongko in that his recklessness keeps him from being one of the absolute best. When he's on, he dominates. But when someone more methodical figures him out, he loses.

I consider the moment Poongko perfected Daigo and one of my top 10 evo moments.

I miss Poongko :(

It's 2 pm, pool K13! Come by if you can Shouta, it'd be cool to meet ya too :D

BadWolf

To me it feels like he is playing a lot more cautious these days which is why I think isn't doing as well.

Dahbomb

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";69393586]That you don't think he'll make it out?[/QUOTE]
I think that he WILL make it out. That guy was betting against Champ making out of pools and I wanted a piece of that action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom