• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 Fighting game championship of the World July 12th - 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now i have to ask again... where is all this marn faith coming from... ?

I don't remember him ranking at all these past few tournaments.

He got 13th place at SCR, and has won quite a few Runbacks. I will be very surprised to see him or any Zero player not Flocker making top 8 (because let's face it, Flocker is the only Zero player ATM with any degree of fundamentals in him) but Marn's still good enough to make top 32 easily and could get far if his draw is lucky enough.

Indeed. Kusoru knew everyone would train on Raccoon after he left, so he's delaying his return long enough so that everyone forgets how to play against Raccoon.

Where was he when he played Justin Last week was on Japan?, I catched the last matches on that... i thought it was on the states and ready for EVO.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Over 1k posts and it hasn't even started yet. Damn. Evo is gonna be crazy. I bet they don't have a problem getting 100k+ concurrent this year.

Mr. X

I'm pretty sure he's in on the idiocy side of it:

https://twitter.com/Green_Ace954/status/354744264556683264

https://twitter.com/Green_Ace954/status/354704201508585473

https://twitter.com/Green_Ace954/status/352235283938418689

and that's because the idiocy is fun. If you can't handle a few guys yelling at you during a casual match, you won't be able to handle an entire crowd yelling at you when you make top 8 at an out of state major. It's not a sacred rite, it's just that Marvel isn't tennis. You don't get to dictate how the crowd or even other players act. You didn't get to in the arcades, you don't get to now. The crowd wants to get hype and they want their favorite to win...shit talk falls under that. Competition in anything, not just fighting games but sports or anything else, comes down to skill and withstanding the pressure, wherever it may come from. People who are wounded by what the crowd says need to learn to get over themselves and start feeding off of it...cause it's not serious at all.

looks like he didn't quit marvel anyway, wants to go to evo next year when he's 21.

"Why are people still talking.about that ft10 that never happened. And why do people act like they know what happened. I didn't get up because I couldn't handle his weak ass trash talk, he was being straight disrespectful, like going back to character select the moment he would get a touch on a character. I'm not obligated to give him matches so he can restore his shattered ego because I 3-0'd him."
-Green Ace

Why are people still talking.about that ft10 that never happened. And why do people act like they know what happened. I didn't get up because I couldn't handle his weak ass trash talk, he was being straight disrespectful, like going back to character select the moment he would get a touch on a character. I'm not obligated to give him matches so he can restore his shattered ego because I 3-0'd him.

From GreenAce himself.

Dirtbag

He was so much more fun to watch with Ryu and Firebrand.
UMvsC3 was great in diffusing Phoenix. I simply can't get excited about Morrigan/Doom anymore. No denying his skill

kick51

Banned
"Why are people still talking.about that ft10 that never happened. And why do people act like they know what happened. I didn't get up because I couldn't handle his weak ass trash talk, he was being straight disrespectful, like going back to character select the moment he would get a touch on a character. I'm not obligated to give him matches so he can restore his shattered ego because I 3-0'd him."
-Green Ace

what does that have to do with what I posted there? all of that's true.

You should've quoted the other thing where I was making fun of him

kick51

Banned
Because that explained it. Had nothing to do with trashtalk. Had to do with Fchamp being disrespectful.

EDIT: And here we go again...

and in fgtv chat, when Fchamp was talking about it, he had people there confirm that it was because of shit talk.

So I guess we have both sides and neither agrees.

Only one way to solve it:

There needs to be a FChamp vs Green Ace high stakes MM.

Only way this shit is going to be settled.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
MorriDoom can be beaten

in fact, half the time vs. ChrisG Morrigan dies, but he wins with Doom or VirgilDoom.

the team is not impossible,

lmao. Top Tier all day err day.

Only reason Morridom works is because of Chris G. I don't think any other players can make that team work.

The problem is Chris G is really good and that pair is just ridiculous. Throw in Dark Vergil on anchor and it takes a LOT more to kill him. He wasn't as successful before putting vergil in the back.

Dahbomb

Nothing is "impossible" in this game. If there is a 1-9 situation... Marvel is the game where you can over come the odds. How many times has Haggar Pipe'd Magneto on the dome piece? How many times has Sentinel OCV'd an entire team composed entirely of his bad match ups? How many times has Doom given the foot dive to characters like Hawkeye/Strange for the win? How many times has Dark Phoenix or Dark Vergil been overcome in dire sitiations? How many times has someone got out of a "guaranteed" set up?

This is the game of dreams and hope. Never give up. Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom