• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 - The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year - July 17-19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotLiquid

I don't mind camp if it's a matter of clever stage control. Abadango makes camp incredibly exciting to watch and he exercises such good stage control.

When I see Dabuz, StaticManny or CaptAwesum camping with Rosalina, Sonic or Villager, all I get is a sense of throwing out hits and seeing what sticks, which is a shame cause I actually enjoy the characters they main (though I'd say Dabuz is sometimes forced out of his comfort zone and StaticManny is pretty good with customs).

J@hranimo

Banned
Sheik is doing that. If Zero wins, it just means Sheik will get fixed and the game will be better off.

I would hope so. Sakurai did two balance patches to nerf Diddy, which I was surpised at the second set of nerfs. Hopefully he puts more attention to scaling her back as well as buffing lower characters more.

Hope she gets nerfed in the next patch. Dumb character with larger than life hitboxes.

She doesn't need changes imo.

He's the only consistent Rosalina who actually wins, it's the playstyle you need to win. And he approaches all the time, he needs to approach you to grab you and up air you. Like it'd be stupid for him to approach when he doesn't have Luma, or when he he has a huge lead, not every character has to be an hyper agressive attacker.

You can try and rationalize it all you want but people don't like to watch or play against her. Rosalina can literally just stand there throwing out luma and forcing the opponent to approach. She has ridiculously large hitboxes, good aerials, a killer back throw...she is pretty much the ultimate camp character and dabuz is extremely defensive; very rarely will he go on the attack or take risks unless it is to punish. It's fine if you like it but I don't like that playstyle.

Gsnap

I don't mind camp if it's a matter of clever stage control. Abadango makes camp incredibly exciting to watch and he exercises such good stage control.

When I see Dabuz, StaticManny or CaptAwesum camping with Rosalina, Sonic or Villager, all I get is a sense of throwing out hits and seeing what sticks, which is a shame cause I actually enjoy the characters they main (though I'd say Dabuz is sometimes forced out of his comfort zone and StaticManny is pretty good with customs).

Basically how I feel about it.

Watching Abadango is like watching somebody doing karate while juggling. It's just straight impressive.

Watching rosalina's is like watching somebody run away.

elmars369

Unconfirmed Member
Some of these Catherine players have no idea what they're doing...
There was a player that didn't even understand how to use x-factor.

FluxWaveZ

Haha, geez. This Catherine play is entertaining, but man... I guess this'll happen when there are people playing who've never played before.

Kensuke

Some of the people playing Catherine look like beginners. Like, they barely know how to even play the game. Hopefully they bring out the experts soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom