• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 - The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year - July 17-19th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Abadango's going up against ZeRo.

Urgghhh. Someone really needs to beat ZeRo. No offense to the guy but he's single-handedly skewering the entire meta of the game and I don't dig that. People need to put in work.
Sheik is doing that. If Zero wins, it just means Sheik will get fixed and the game will be better off.

Catherine is at EVO and no Virtua Fighter or DOA, I think I am cry.

Anyhow, is there anyway to watch the loser bracket from last night I stopped after the stream was lost.

whaKcS2.png
Hope she gets nerfed in the next patch. Dumb character with larger than life hitboxes.

Neki

It's pure camp

Can someone define camp for me? When I watch StaticManny sit in shield and charge for 10+ seconds in the same spot, I consider that camp. Throwing out jab from a safe distance, how is that camping? Rosalina wins by stage control because you need to make sure Luma doesn't die.

Gsnap

No one hates him, people just want to see an upset. More people at that top level only makes the game more interesting. The Smash 4 story so far has been "Can anyone beat Zero? No? Ok."

Basically. I wanna see more players and more characters. All respect to zero, guys amazing, but until he comes down from god status the game is sort of at a standstill.

I was talking about Luma.

But again, I don't know why people are hissing Rosalina when we were all cheering for Pacman a second ago. Pacman is way more campy.

From a viewer's perspective, Pacman has a lot of interesting item play that leads to mix-ups and mind games that you need to be good at to effectively camp.

Rosalina just stands there. That's the difference.

Can someone define camp for me? When I watch StaticManny sit in shield and charge for 10+ seconds in the same spot, I consider that camp. Throwing out jab from a safe distance, how is that camping? Rosalina wins by stage control because you need to make sure Luma doesn't die.
Sitting back throwing out luma, never approaching. I gave Manny shit for trying to camp out FOW too, not sure why you're surprised people don't like dabuz's style.

Neki

Sitting back throwing out luma, never approaching. I gave Manny shit for trying to camp out FOW too, not sure why you're surprised people don't like dabuz's style.

He's the only consistent Rosalina who actually wins, it's the playstyle you need to win. And he approaches all the time, he needs to approach you to grab you and up air you. Like it'd be stupid for him to approach when he doesn't have Luma, or when he he has a huge lead, not every character has to be an hyper agressive attacker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom