• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 2.0: The Return of the Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
I started Persona 3 on my PSP a few months ago. I played for about 5-6 hours, got bored and turned it off. I guess it's just not my thing. It seemed like a fairly rudimentary dungeon crawler with some weird high school dating sim populated by cookie cutter genre clichés tacked on.

Much tsundere, wow.

I didn't get it.
Eh, the social links aren't really dating sims. Most of them have nothing to do with romance. A lot of the better ones happen after the game opens up more and you start speaking to more people.

But yeah, the dungeon crawling has always been pretty simple. The PSP version gives you full party control at least, the PS2 versions have AI controlled party members. But for that you have to deal with the garbage presentation of the story.

NinjaBoiX

Eh, the social links aren't really dating sims. Most of them have nothing to do with romance. A lot of the better ones happen after the game opens up more and you start speaking to more people.

But yeah, the dungeon crawling has always been pretty simple. The PSP version gives you full party control at least, the PS2 versions have AI controlled party members. But for that you have to deal with the garbage presentation of the story.
I think that seemed to be my main issue with it, too much focus on the dating/social side of things and not enough of the hitting monsters with big sticks. And I only call it a "dating sim" because there seemed to be a lot of thirst between the NPC's.

Maybe I had too high expectations after all the hype and adulation, but it seemed mediocre at best. I perhaps should've given it more time, but I expect to be at least moderately entertained within the first 5 hours, I was bored to tears the whole time.

I did like the presentation though, the menus and stuff looked pretty cool.
Ah yes, the shitty "dating Sim" criticism of Persona games.

Sigh
I'm sorry, "social links".

It doesn't make that aspect of the game seem any less lame and superfluous IMO.
(Mushrooms)
She has a toothbrush.

NinjaBoiX

The new Pulled Apart By Horses track is pretty cool:

Pulled Apart By Horses - Hot Squash

Royal Blood's debut due soon too. Excite.
Of course! Got a super toasty blanky on me right now. Could use someone joining me for snuggles ^_^
Sold, I'm there cat. We could watch Weekend at Bernie's after innit.

icg99jzqw9xqgook2w.gif

NinjaBoiX

Hey Wazzy, you done yet gurl?

I'm going home in a bit too, far too nice weather and I have far too much flexitime to be at work this afternoon!

NinjaBoiX

I want a OTP.
Windam is on the rebound, swoop in there man.
Atomic has that sweet-ass riff though
Why you say this and not link?

Blondie - Atomic
Such a tune.

What a babe.
Todd Terje's album is still pretty darn fun.
I liked the funk of it, but the synths got a little too jazzy for me!

I'm enjoying this from the world of pop muzix at the minute. The vocals on the verses get a little saccharine but the chorus is glorious.

Tove Lo - Stay High (Habits Remix)

AcridMeat

Banned
Windam is on the rebound, swoop in there man.

Why you say this and not link?

Blondie - Atomic
Such a tune.

What a babe.

I liked the funk of it, but the synths got a little too jazzy for me!

I'm enjoying this from the world of pop muzix at the minute. The vocals on the verses get a little saccharine but the chorus is glorious.

Tove Lo - Stay High (Habits Remix)
Blondie link isn't available here but I know the song.

How about some Kate Bush innit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom