• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 2.0: The Return of the Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
I think that seemed to be my main issue with it, too much focus on the dating/social side of things and not enough of the hitting monsters with big sticks. And I only call it a "dating sim" because there seemed to be a lot of thirst between the NPC's.

Maybe I had too high expectations after all the hype and adulation, but it seemed mediocre at best. I perhaps should've given it more time, but I expect to be at least moderately entertained within the first 5 hours, I was bored to tears the whole time.

I did like the presentation though, the menus and stuff looked pretty cool.
Well the social links directly aide you in the dungeon. The higher your ranks, the more powerful Personas you can fuse. Fusion is huge in that game, you can essentially have a completely different moveset depending on what you've fused. The social links are vital to that and serve more of a purpose than just connecting to the entire narrative. There are also many more than you saw in your time.

And fair enough that you didn't like it, they're not for everyone. But calling it mediocre is kinda lame. That game is super polished, well written(mostly, they learned a lot of lessons from P3 and improved a lot in P4), and has tons of content. 5 hours of an 80-90 hour game is seriously just the beginning of the whole thing. But if you didn't like those 5 hours, totally understandable that you wouldn't continue.

The presentation thing isn't about menus, it's about the world navigation and story scenes. In the PS2 games you have full 3D environments to run around in and the story scenes are less visual novel because there the environments and characters are rendered and actually play out the scene. So instead of getting descriptions of what's going on, you actually get to see it play out. Makes a huge difference imo.

NinjaBoiX

Fair enough Acid. I've heard the first couple of hours are a bit slow so I probably haven't seen the best it has to offer. And yeah, it is well put together, thats what I meant about liking the presentation.
Blondie link isn't available here but I know the song.

How about some Kate Bush innit.
Yeah, I like Kate Bush, such a quirky character. I always think of Bat for Lashes off the back of her for some reason. So much good stuff in her catalogue. Maybe a sombre choice, but it so gorgeous:

Bat for Lashes - Laura

Yeah, I like Kate Bush, such a quirky character. I always think of Bat for Lashes off the back of her for some reason. So much good stuff in her catalogue. Maybe a sombre choice, but it so gorgeous:

Bat for Lashes - Laura

Laura is great. The entirety of The Haunted Man is amazing.

Daniel remains her best, though.

And in a goodbye bed
With my arms around your neck
Into our mouths the tears crept
Just kids in the eye of the storm
And as my house spun round
My dreams pulled me from the ground
Forever to search for the flame
For home again
For home again

#crie

All of her best songs are named after people. Laura, Daniel, Daphne, Marilyn, Sarah, and Prescilla.

And in a goodbye bed
For home again
For home again

#crie

All of her best songs are named after people. Laura, Daniel, Daphne, Marilyn, Sarah, and Prescilla.

I always tell people she wrote it for me.

MutFox

Banned
Just got a 30 free trial for Google Play Music All Access...
Pretty cool so far... :p

Not bad for $8 a month if I choose to keep it...

NinjaBoiX

And in a goodbye bed
For home again
For home again

#crie

I always tell people she wrote it for me.
Yeah, she's great. I heard she wrote that about The Karate Kid. I hope that's true.

My favourite is probably:

Bat for Lashes - Pearl's Dream

That chorus....I think I could listen to it on loop for hours.

Acid08

Banned
Just found out a girl I used to have a huge thing for in high school had a baby recently. So many people from my graduating class have had kids.

Welcome back, Jake! I never got my bussy pic from you, btw.

Oh fine. Here it is.

blueberry-lemon-donut.jpg

My bussy's seen better days. I don't think it's supposed to be blue and yellow like that. Been pounded one too many times I'm afraid.

Real talk, I want that doughnut inside me.

Are you a beautiful woman? :(

I can be... in the dark.

My legs and face are hairy not because I'm a man but because I don't believe in shaving and don't conform to patriarchal standards of feminine beauty.

Windam

Scaley member
Oh fine. Here it is.

My bussy's seen better days. I don't think it's supposed to be blue and yellow like that. Been pounded one too many times I'm afraid.

Real talk, I want that doughnut inside me.

I can be... in the dark.

My legs and face are hairy not because I'm a man but because I don't believe in shaving and don't conform to patriarchal standards of feminine beauty.

Oh my god that pic has me rock hard. I may start dripping soon, if ya catch my drift. ;o

I always did prefer women who waxed their legs and face. Lasts longer. As long as you got a landing strip or something, we're good.

Well you're awfully commanding for someone who just got shot down.

You offered. I've been told that commanding is hot.

Just found out a girl I used to have a huge thing for in high school had a baby recently. So many people from my graduating class have had kids.

I saw someone who was in my form in secondary school with a baby the other day

I had a little chuckle to myself about it

Then got sad 'cause she's had sex

Ok someone help me out here.

I'm trying to write a "hey start a band with me" type advert. However I have no idea what bands to put on there. The biggest bands I like are too far away from what I want to do, but the bands closest to what I want to do aren't exactly huge and probably won't get any responses before the advert gets drowned out.

And on top of that I'll probably change my mind on what type of band I want after a few weeks.

Anyway, ignoring that last bit, for reference, bands I want to sound like at the moment:
Iron Chic
Latterman
Spraynard
RVIVR

So basically posi-slightly-emoy-poppy-punk with semi shouted joint vocals. Also 3 of those bands share members but that's beside the point >_>

Is there anyway to convey this and get responses, or am I going to have to go way more general

I'm assuming the latter
man
>_>

Have to say, really loving having two screens for 3D work now. Beats having to alt tab, that's for sure.

Also, not to get into too much detail to protect the innocent, but I find this phrase funny.
I'm surprised that students in 2014 are having this much trouble getting software from the internet.

Just to elaborate a little, taking a summer online course, and apparently people are wondering why they have to spend a couple hundred on a program when it's already 'readily' available. I suppose it's for the better though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom