• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 3.0: The Thirsty Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

PirateKing

What do you guys think of online dating? Some of my friends been doing it and there has been success.
Personally I find it unappealing now.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
What do you guys think of online dating? Some of my friends been doing it and there has been success.
Personally I find it unappealing now.

Online dating is a lot like rock climbing.

It exists and people do it.

zeemumu

I saw GotG. The trailers don't do that movie justice. It was awesome.

HOWARD THE DAMN DUCK! Does this mean that they're going to remake his movie too?

I do have one question though:
What happened to the Infinity gem/gas that The Collector got from the Asgardians in Thor 2?

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
You guys are so close knit.

Close-Knit-Family.jpg

Not really though. Windam doesn't even respond on skype when I say "Hey man what's up".

TrueGrime

I hope I never care enough about someone that I remember how many half-years I've known them.

One day you will, Trans. Or at least that someone else will remind you for you. =p

I was invited to go watch GotG but I'm sick as shit. Fuckin Winter.

Congrats man :)
Mine happend in 2008 (2007?) on Facebook but it didn't last more than a few months haha

Keep at it!

also fuck the yankees

I'll cut you, Sox.

zeemumu

Yeah I can't do this anymore. 90% of the things that I do are for the happiness of someone else. I don't mind it. I like making people happy. When the only other human interaction that you get is yelling day in and day out for several years, it's nice to get a genuine thank you every now and again. Recently that's been getting to the point where it's become detrimental to me, though. Always trying so hard to keep everyone happy that I'd probably step in front of a bus if it would make someone's day slightly better. I've been in the depression point of having no one to turn to and having no one care. I don't want anyone else ending up there. I don't expect anything from being nice. My expectations from people are pretty minimal. I don't expect positive things to always happen because I'm nice to someone or do something nice for someone. That would be doing nice things for the wrong reason. I do however expect things not to turn to shit because I was trying to do nice things. I mean, why? Am I just extraordinarily unlucky? If I didn't have a ton of patience I probably would have been dead a long time ago.

Sorry for the rant. It was a pretty good night up until about an hour ago. Gonna go break down now.

Windam

Scaley member
Not really though. Windam doesn't even respond on skype when I say "Hey man what's up".

I'm not on Skype 99% of the time it says I'm on. That's Microsoft being dumb by integrating web chat in Outlook.com with Skype. I'm always signed into Outlook.com on Firefox to be able to check my email quickly.

Windam

Scaley member
Yeah I can't do this anymore. 90% of the things that I do are for the happiness of someone else. I don't mind it. I like making people happy. When the only other human interaction that you get is yelling day in and day out for several years, it's nice to get a genuine thank you every now and again. Recently that's been getting to the point where it's become detrimental to me, though. Always trying so hard to keep everyone happy that I'd probably step in front of a bus if it would make someone's day slightly better. I've been in the depression point of having no one to turn to and having no one care. I don't want anyone else ending up there. I don't expect anything from being nice. My expectations from people are pretty minimal. I don't expect positive things to always happen because I'm nice to someone or do something nice for someone. That would be doing nice things for the wrong reason. I do however expect things not to turn to shit because I was trying to do nice things. I mean, why? Am I just extraordinarily unlucky? If I didn't have a ton of patience I probably would have been dead a long time ago.

Sorry for the rant. It was a pretty good night up until about an hour ago. Gonna go break down now.

As I said, PM any of us when you need to. I can understand your plight 100%. Especially the being nice/serving others thing. I won't push my way in, as everybody deserves space, (and I know how fucking annoying it can be) so when you're ready. I'm here.

TrueGrime

Yeah. No one should go through tough times alone. A lot of us know you here Z and I think we can always lend and ear and/or be there when we can for ya. I know it's not the same as having support right there in front of you but despite being just people on the internet we are real people behind the computer. In any case, always here for any support as I know how it feels to be down and out. Just know you don't have to go at it alone.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member

I do this thing where I help people anonymously/ non-reciprocally and never accept charity or favours or payment. Part of me wants people to hate me while I'm helping them because I see it as a higher form of suffering because I receive no material satisfaction or catharsis or relief or sympathy. It's hard to be "selfish" and "say fuck everyone else, I come first", but you have to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom