• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 3.0: The Thirsty Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I made you a to do list for today Devon:

-watch Review
-take things out of dropbox
-play HCSMP
-don't fucking spoil Guardians of the Galaxy

-don't fucking spoil Guardians of the Galaxy
tumblr_n9pni7T0mI1rs8fzio1_500.gif

Vin D is the man.

I started watching The Avengers last night but had absolutely no interest in the exposition at the beginning and stopped it around 30-40 minutes in. I think it's because I like movies like Guardians of the Galaxy that are sci fi and pretty with worlds that aren't familiar, as opposed to the other stuff that's grounded in Earth modern reality.
Vin D is superman

and yeah, personally i love the Avengers, but Guardians is in a totally different (awesomer) vein. Plus there are no superheroes where Guardians takes place because everything is fucking crazy in that corner of space.

MutFox

Banned
Groot was awesome...
Loved that one scene where he beats up a bunch of baddies,
and turns around with the happiest smile ever.
XD

Wazzy

Banned
Groot was awesome...
Loved that one scene where he beats up a bunch of baddies,
and turns around with the happiest smile ever.
XD

All of his and Rockets scenes were amazing.

I actually was almost crying when
Groot said "We are Groot" and then later Rocket is crying over him

Pratt did amazing but I honestly think those two stole the show. I also really liked Gamora.

zeemumu

Pratt did amazing but I honestly think those two stole the show. I also really liked Gamora.

But what about
Howard the Duck?

MutFox

Banned

My 2 fave were Rocket and Groot.
They could probably have their own movie or cartoon. :p

But what about
Howard the Duck?

Can't believe they're bringing him back! :O

zeemumu

My 2 fave were Rocket and Groot.
They could probably have their own movie or cartoon. :p

Can't believe they're bringing him back! :O

What happened to that Infinity Gem that the Asgardians gave to the Collector? Did it end up on the street somewhere after the explosion?

MutFox

Banned
What happened to that Infinity Gem that the Asgardians gave to the Collector? Did it end up on the street somewhere after the explosion?

Could still be there, could be gone, most likely still there.
Thought the dog was gonna have a telepathic line at that scene too. (It's Cosmo right?)

Wazzy

Banned
I think it's still there since it obviously wasn't destroyed. The question is, what's happening with it and will we only find out after Avengers 2 or in Avengers 2?
Could still be there, could be gone, most likely still there.
Thought the dog was gonna have a telepathic line at that scene too. (It's Cosmo right?)

It was! I forgot his name but I was like "I KNOW WHO THAT IS! THAT'S NOT JUST A
DOG IN A SPACESUIT
"

PirateKing

I got all the Persona games and I haven't touched any of them apart from a bit of P3. I was pretty into Lucifer's Call a few months ago. Maybe I should finish up these unfinished mainline games first.

Turin

Banned
GotG was very funny. Rocket was my favorite
and I actually would have liked just a little bit more of him than there was.

Best part was after the credits.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I just watched Thor 2. It was well produced, solidly directed, had great action and managed to be funny when it ought to be. It was also amazingly violent for a Marvel film.

While I can see some of its flaws (poor treatement of Portman's character and rather unremarkable big bad despite the elves' great design), it's definitely an accomplished film, and a stronger one than the gaudy mess that was the first Thor movie. I definitely cannot understand some of the scores it got.

My body is ready for Thor 3.

I got all the Persona games and I haven't touched any of them apart from a bit of P3. I was pretty into Lucifer's Call a few months ago. Maybe I should finish up these unfinished mainline games first.

Nocturne has like my favorite atmosphere in any game ever.

Everything about that game is #sogud. Especially the music. Ffffffffffffffffffffff.

Fierce Battle

Thank you, based Meguro.

PirateKing

Nocturne has like my favorite atmosphere in any game ever.

Everything about that game is #sogud. Especially the music. Ffffffffffffffffffffff.

Fierce Battle
Thank you, based Meguro.
Yessssss. This makes me feel like going back to playing it again.

Wasn't Nocturne the one with Dante as some kind of capturable thing?

Yes. I think I fought and beat him just before I took a break from it. Man, was he tough. All the bosses in that game are tough, especially those damn skeleton shaped bosses.

zeemumu

I think it's still there since it obviously wasn't destroyed. The question is, what's happening with it and will we only find out after Avengers 2 or in Avengers 2?

Mind (the tessarect) Power (the aether) and space (the GoTG gem) are the only ones that are accounted for right now. I'm guessing that one of the stones will for some reason be used in the creation of Ultron, and the remaining ones will both be crammed into the last Avengers movie.

PirateKing

Yep. I got it. I just booted up Lucifer's Call and I have no idea where I'm supposed to go. Also, can't remember what config I used for it on PCSX2 :|

Really enjoyed Persona 1. I beat the main game.

But I stopped playing in the middle of my second playthrough. Haven't finished the Snow Queen Quest. Got bored getting into fights in the ice palace school.

Did you finish Nocturne?

I haven't because The Powers That Be™ have decided they don't want me to.

First time, I got stuck on Matador. And then my old PS3 croaked. Second time, I was playing it on a PS2 and the disc fucked up. I WAS ALMOST AT THE SAME PART.

This time when I play it, it will be the digital PS2 version off PSN. So no problems should occur. I hope.

PirateKing

I haven't because The Powers That Be™ have decided they don't want me to.

First time, I got stuck on Matador. And then my old PS3 croaked. Second time, I was playing it on a PS2 and the disc fucked up. I WAS ALMOST AT THE SAME PART.

This time when I play it, it will be the digital PS2 version off PSN. So no problems should occur. I hope.

Hijiri says;

"There is supposed to be a tunnel connection East of Ikebukuro and Asakusa. I'll be working on this terminal but it's mostly up to you. I hope we can track down Nihilo.

I don't know where to go. I went to where he says but nothing. Maybe it's from the map over view?

Hijiri says;

"There is supposed to be a tunnel connection East of Ikebukuro and Asakusa. I'll be working on this terminal but it's mostly up to you. I hope we can track down Nihilo.

I don't know where to go. I went to where he says but nothing. Maybe it's from the map over view?

Could be.

I'm pretty much clueless because I've never gotten that far.

I'll just pretend that this is our Nick tbh.

Acid08

Banned
I wish there were an FES/Portable hybrid.

FES has all that extra story. But I like that Portable added the ability to directly control your allies.
Yeah it stinks that there's no perfect version of that game. AI controlled allies can be manipulated to a pretty good extent at least. Personally I think Portable's presentation isn't any way to first experience that story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom