• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 3.0: The Thirsty Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Fex

My cousin's 14 year-old daughter has never seen The Lion King. She completely missed out on Disney's great animated shows and instead grew up with their shitty "sitcoms".

Dave the Barbarian? Nope.
Timon and Pumba show? Nope.
Aladdin show? Nope.
House of Mouse? Nope.
Tarzan animated series? Nope.
Recess? Nope.
The Weekenders? Nope.

I feel so old.

ZncZhrn.png

Even those are a little past my time.

I grew up with the 80's stuff like real ghostbusters and such, etnered the 90's with well..Felix (as seen in my av) Rocko, other nick toons and superior sitcoms. Anything after the mid 90's was pretty much my cut off point.

I feel ancient :(

This isn't helping with my current mood. Even my theme song isn't making me feel better.

Windam

Scaley member
Remember Gargoyles? Redwall? Max Steel?

Even those are a little past my time.

I grew up with the 80's stuff like real ghostbusters and such, etnered the 90's with well..Felix (as seen in my av) Rocko, other nick toons and superior sitcoms. Anything after the mid 90's was pretty much my cut off point.

I feel ancient :(

The great thing is a lot of those 80s shows had re-runs and aired on syndication in the 90s up to early 2000s in some cases, so even we plebs got to see some of it. The kids now don't get any of that.

G-Fex

The great thing is a lot of those 80s shows had re-runs and aired on syndication in the 90s up to early 2000s in some cases, so even we plebs got to see some of it. The kids now don't get any of that.

kids are silly. I'll never understand those whippersnappers and their i thingamajigs.

Halo 2

Banned

Cartoon Network breh.

Windam

Scaley member
Redwall is amazing

Mother knows best.

kids are silly. I'll never understand those whippersnappers and their i thingamajigs.

Same here. Whippersnapper is actually in my everyday vocabulary.

Cartoon Network breh.

Canada, breh. I swear Cartoon Network is some specialty channel here that only just became available. Never had it here when I was a kid and it pissed me the fuck off since I played a lot of games on the site.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I read a book where the protagonist was an anthropomorphic fox but I forget what it was called, and that probably isn't enough to go on to figure it out.

Windam

Scaley member
What about spongebob?
Did you get nick?

Spongebob was last generations adventure time

Spongebob airs on YTV over here. We didn't get Nick. YTV gets the Nickelodeon shows while Teletoon gets the CN shows, usually. Spongebob was the shit. And then there were those concerns it made kids stupid or gave them ADHD... fucking great times. I miss Patchy the Pirate. I should rewatch the old seasons soon. Show was goddamn hilarious.

Windam

Scaley member
The 90s also gave us Gundam Wing.

It's amazing how after I forgot everything about it (aired on YTV when I was like 3 or 4 or 5) other than the title, I remembered the part in the opening with the teddy bear. I don't know why. Maybe it's Relena and the destroyed city behind her, and a dead child's toy left as the only reminder of actual life there.

I was too young to think about that shit.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Seasons 1-3 of Spongebob was amazing, The only season 4 episode worth watching is The Two Faces of Squidward.

tumblr_lpycb2FGGZ1qg45tj.gif

The selling chocolate episode is the best ever.

I love that it teaches kids how to get used to jobs in sales. The customer may yell at you, the customer may be hard to understand, and the customer can be ugly.

Windam

Scaley member
God I feel so old now. I'm gonna go to the nearest daycare in the morning and make the kids watch VHS tapes of old shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom