• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I need to do something about this mess on my head

N6QBlSB.jpg

Oh hello top page, why did this happen now

FUME5

The mythical lion-befriending Daniel occupied Babylon, not Rome. Italians wouldn't start throwing people into gladiatorial battles sometimes featuring lions for several centuries yet.

I've got to tell you, I never gave a shit about religious studies. However, the Babylonians were pretty chill in comparison to most other civilizations banging around at the time so I'm glad my namesake was almost devoured under their reign.

Jobbs

Banned
The new Watch Dogs is the most stupid shit looking thing I've ever seen. My ocular muscles are still recovering from how hard I rolled my eyes. I rolled my eyes less hard when smeemar pulled another of his skrikkas at the smarjy skoo

I'm, of course, highly predisposed to hating it, because watch dogs 1 is a game I hold in great scorn, maybe more than any other

Jobbs

Banned
I hung out with my mom most the day now I'm watching cartoons. I've fully regressed.

And what's in the GOD DAMN JAR

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
They are. Which is more hilarious because my name should make my antisemite grandma furious
My parents were going to name me McKinley Morganfield but my racist grandfather was too against me having a black man's name

The new Watch Dogs is the most stupid shit looking thing I've ever seen. My ocular muscles are still recovering from how hard I rolled my eyes. I rolled my eyes less hard when smeemar pulled another of his skrikkas at the smarjy skoo

I'm, of course, highly predisposed to hating it, because watch dogs 1 is a game I hold in great scorn, maybe more than any other

People often describe the game as trying too hard to be edgy. That's because they haven't seen you posting before.

I dunno. Lots of people really like Watch Dogs, just not on GAF. I like it a whole bunch. I played through two different times.

And what's in the GOD DAMN JAR

Tea bags.

Jobbs

Banned
People often describe the game as trying too hard to be edgy. That's because they haven't seen you posting before.

I dunno. Lots of people really like Watch Dogs, just not on GAF. I like it a whole bunch. I played through two different times.

hahaha. well done.

I don't like people complaining about "edgy" though. I hate when people level that complaint at anything, whether I like the thing or not. I hate the term "edgelord". Things are just things and I like them or don't, I don't cite motive as a reason for not liking something. That's just stupid.

I don't like watch dogs because I don't like watch dogs.

SolVanderlyn

I'm going to bed, I hope we've solved the jar mystery by the time I wake up.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty sure the jar is filled with bath soap that is shaped like turtles.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I locked myself out of my apartment and called the key service, having no idea how expensive it'll get. Fuck my life.

I locked myself out of my apartment and called the key service, having no idea how expensive it'll get. Fuck my life.

How did that happen? When I was in high school and stayed out late all the time, I used to get locked out a bunch (usually not on purpose, just parents being oblivious I think). Fortunately I was usually able to climb onto the second-floor balcony and enter one of the doors there, which were basically never locked.

good morning

shitty weather continues

I love the severe contrast between these statements, haha.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
How did that happen? When I was in high school and stayed out late all the time, I used to get locked out a bunch (usually not on purpose, just parents being oblivious I think). Fortunately I was usually able to climb onto the second-floor balcony and enter one of the doors there, which were basically never locked..
Not much of a story really. Went off to work, wanted to unlock my bike, noticed i have no keys on me. Doors in here are only to be opened without a key from the inside so that's it :/

Not much of a story really. Went off to work, wanted to unlock my bike, noticed i have no keys on me. Doors in here are only to be opened without a key from the inside so that's it :/

Ah, damn. I nearly did the same today actually, now that I think of it. If I'm not bringing anything to work then I ride my bike with a small purse on. Otherwise I bring a larger purse or messenger bag. This morning I forgot to migrate my bike key from yesterday's purse to today's. Fortunately I was only half a block down the street when I remembered.

Misha

Banned
I once used a pic of my friend to represent myself. I chose a pic that didn't really have a good view of her so her face wouldn't be shown to random strangers. but basically they made a big deal about everyone posting pics and eventually I caved by posting that one cause she looked similar enough to me and I didn't feel remotely comfortable with posting one of myself.

I showed actual pics of me to a few of those people later and half of them didn't even notice that it was a different person.

I'd like to think that was better than doing it for attention but its hard not to feel bad about

In other news, I just finished gone home. was good

Jobbs

Banned
In other news, I just finished gone home. was good

1) back in my DAOC days I played female characters and if anyone asked I pretended to be a girl. I did this because it was fun/funny to me and I liked all the massively preferential treatment I got just for being a little cutesy.

2) play Soma next and tell me if it's good

what's an edgelord? is that like a shitlord?

It's shorthand for someone on the edge of your cultural norms who proceeds to (appear to) lord it over you, when in truth they might just live a different lifestyle from you because they have different experiences and interests.

Like when someone brags about wearing basketball shorts as casual wear, or heavy boots or something like that, that's my edgelord. And I'm someone else' edgelord for dying my hair bright blue.

As Jobbs' gramps once said, we all have our edgelords.

2) play Soma next and tell me if it's good

SOMA was amazing and Watch Dogs was fun and Gone Home was super boring. Hahahaha now you can't calibrate my opinion! >:D

Clydefrog

It's shorthand for someone on the edge of your cultural norms who proceeds to (appear to) lord it over you, when in truth they might just live a different lifestyle from you because they have different experiences and interests.

Like when someone brags about wearing basketball shorts as casual wear, or heavy boots or something like that, that's my edgelord. And I'm someone else' edgelord for dying my hair bright blue.

An Edgelord is someone who tries way too hard to be edgy. It's like a Hipster but for grimdark.

It's also the name of a faction in my new game.

wow, fuck acridmeat then!

Jobbs

Banned

SOMA was amazing and Watch Dogs was fun and Gone Home was super boring. Hahahaha now you can't calibrate my opinion! >:D

We don't always disagree. I thought Oxenfree was nice. I'm sure there are other things too.

And I did play Watch Dog a fair number of hours, and got some amusement out of it -- Most of my amusement, though, had nothing to do with what the game was. Cell phone murder game was fun (like I think I said -- Get someone to call 911, kill them before they get the call off, and continue this chain as many times as possible before someone gets a call off).

My disdain for Watch Dogs is probably overstated because I'm edgelord, I just thought the design MO (focus tested, undaring) made it so much more dull than it could have been, as often is the case with these games

Wow Lucian is behind super snuggly. He's a cutie when he wants to be :3

who dat is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom