• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misha

Banned
Just do it!

And if it doesn't work out, it doesn't.
Though who knows, maybe it does.
I don't even have a picture available. Wasn't planning on actually using it atm. Just found that amusing that he popped up

And it definitely wouldn't work out. I'm not interested in hookups and that would be an awful career decision for him

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Misha and Jobbs are fame-racists.

And it definitely wouldn't work out. I'm not interested in hookups and that would be an awful career decision for him

Having a kickass girlfriend is a good life decision for him. And maybe he isn't looking for casual sex, not all famous people are like that, stereotyper!

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
not a fame racist, just would be intimidated to approach a famous person and I'd assume I'd be bothering them

Wouldn't you feel the same about any person you never met though.

Maybe I just don't understand the American obsession with fame.

Misha

Banned
Wouldn't you feel the same about any person you never met though.

Maybe I just don't understand the American obsession with fame.
Famous people have super high standards because they can get pretty much anybody. Not particularly likely they'd go for someone that's not super attractive

FloatOn

that girl I was interested in before she moved to NYC was in a pretty up and coming band and I can't tell you how annoying it was to try to hang out with her because of all the people vying for her attention.

I can only imagine how awful it would have been if we did actually end up dating.

SystemBug

that girl I was interested in before she moved to NYC was in a pretty up and coming band and I can't tell you how annoying it was to try to hang out with her because of all the people vying for her attention.

I can only imagine how awful it would have been if we did actually end up dating.

poor you

Jobbs

Banned
Basically except you're not broke and unemployed for a year and six months I suppose.

I feel kind of mentally in the shitter and physically shit too. Not sure if the latter was caused by the former. Probably more to do with the shit food I ate. I usually only eat very clean

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Famous people have super high standards because they can get pretty much anybody. Not particularly likely they'd go for someone that's not super attractive

Just because they're famous because they're good at what they do doesn't instantly make them egotistical and shallow though. You're basically saying that all celebs have to be jerks no exceptions.

And i don't understand the Australian obsession with finding regular people intimidating

I just don't hit on people without a few conversations under the belt. Catch 22!

Misha

Banned
So my program was working great this morning. I made some changes to see what would happen and they didn't work out. I assumed no big deal so I just undid all of them. Still doesn't work.,,.

FloatOn

I feel kind of mentally in the shitter and physically shit too. Not sure if the latter was caused by the former. Probably more to do with the shit food I ate. I usually only eat very clean

yeah I'm lowkey depressed right now and as a result I have this kind of "fuck it" attitude with what I've been eating the past few days.

I mean yesterday I had a burger stuffed with brie cheese and jalepenos.

Jobbs

Banned
So my program was working great this morning. I made some changes to see what would happen and they didn't work out. I assumed no big deal so I just undid all of them. Still doesn't work.,,.

your very own demon <3

yeah I'm lowkey depressed right now and as a result I have this kind of "fuck it" attitude with what I've been eating the past few days.

I mean yesterday I had a burger stuffed with brie cheese and jalepenos.

I'm kind of rattled/upset but I try to force myself to be normal/happy by faking it and letting it become real. Not working perfectly yet but it should kick in.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I'm in a great mood. I had crab last night, got faded, had a tryst, played Shenmue until the wee hours.

Had an appt with my therapist this morning that went awesome and I think I resurrected my launch day xbox I got in high school.

Misha

Banned
Just because they're famous because they're good at what they do doesn't instantly make them egotistical and shallow though. You're basically saying that all celebs have to be jerks no exceptions.
More like this: if you have a lot of options you have the ability to be picky

FloatOn

I'm kind of rattled/upset but I try to force myself to be normal/happy by faking it and letting it become real. Not working perfectly yet but it should kick in.

I don't know about this whole "faking it until you make it" thing.

The past year I basically did that by making myself extremely busy. I didn't actually resolve anything. So now that I'm only going to school halftime during the summer I have all this free time to actually think about my life and negativity is creeping in.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I think "faking it until you make it" is more of a bandage to a problem then an actual solution.

I think confronting things via therapy or being around people that are interested in living some kind of meaningful life (church) would be most beneficial.

jb1234

Spent last night with Dude #2 because I was horny as fuck. I'm not sure if it was a contributor but I was far more affectionate than usual. Cuddling, making out, much more physical contact. It also made the sex a hell of a lot better. I don't *think* I'm developing feelings but I definitely enjoy spending time with him. And not just for the sexy parts.

This morning, I woke up to bad stomach cramps and am basically going back and forth between my computer and the toilet. It's a blast.

Jobbs

Banned
breakfast

HlDERST.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Mentally is normal. The physical part maybe you over did it with something but you know what they say "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger"
or fatter.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
More like this: if you have a lot of options you have the ability to be picky

Maybe they want to pick you though.

I feel like "people only date within their own league and will trade-up the second they can" is a really bad way to look at the world and it assumes essentially that there's no real romance in life.
Why am I saying this? I'm a pessimist. What is happening to me.

Misha

Banned
I don't know about this whole "faking it until you make it" thing.

The past year I basically did that by making myself extremely busy. I didn't actually resolve anything. So now that I'm only going to school halftime during the summer I have all this free time to actually think about my life and negativity is creeping in.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I think "faking it until you make it" is more of a bandage to a problem then an actual solution.

I think confronting things via therapy or being around people that are interested in living some kind of meaningful life (church) would be most beneficial.
Tbf that's sorta what that means :p

Pretend like you're capable of success until you're capable of actually having success

zeemumu

Wouldnt you have fewer options being famous because regular people are too intimidated to approach you so you're limited to other famous people? That seems to be what happens with a lot of celebrities these days.

FloatOn

Tbf that's sorta what that means :p

Pretend like you're capable of success until you're capable of actually having success

that's the thing though. by material standards I have all kinds of success. A good job. I own my house. I have a 3.91 GPA and so on.

I still have all this existential dread though from deeper things. And no amount of pretending will shake it. At best I'll lose the bad feelings and then feel worse when they come back because I'll feel like I tricked myself.

jb1234

that's the thing though. by material standards I have all kinds of success. A good job. I own my house. I have a 3.91 GPA and so on.

I can't speak for you or other people but I know that material shit doesn't make me happy. Once the shininess has worn off, I'm back to feeling the way I usually do.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Ooop.

In all fairness, I've reactivated my Tinder account a bunch of times just to get some laughs along my girlfriend. I wouldn't judge so quick. Yet.

The old "get some laughs".
Trying to find a girl hot enough that she'll agree to a 3-way.

Misha

Banned
Maybe they want to pick you though.

I feel like "people only date within their own league and will trade-up the second they can" is a really bad way to look at the world and it assumes essentially that there's no real romance in life.
Why am I saying this? I'm a pessimist. What is happening to me.
Dating apps sorta encourage that behavior. You get a ton of pictures. Pretty much all you can do is compare attractiveness and choose the ones you like more than others

I do agree though that in most cases that there's no harm in trying
Wouldnt you have fewer options being famous because regular people are too intimidated to approach you so you're limited to other famous people? That seems to be what happens with a lot of celebrities these days.
Maybe for dating. Minor league hockey players definitely have no lack of hook ups

FloatOn

I can't speak for you or other people but I know that material shit doesn't make me happy. Once the shininess has worn off, I'm back to feeling the way I usually do.

exactly. I had two really shitty life changing things happen to me in quick succession and it makes me feel like nothing is certain.

I think being able to forgive my ex-wife would be a huge thing. I don't think about her often but when I do it's nothing but seething rage and hatred. it isn't healthy.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Just go to some swingers clubs.

In all fairness, generally speaking the people you usually find at those places are the kind of people you'd probably don't want anywhere near your naked body.

Just like nude beaches.

Edit: I know this because I lived close to one of the biggest swingers clubs in the region.

jb1234

exactly. I had two really shitty life changing things happen to me in quick succession and it makes me feel like nothing is certain.

I think being able to forgive my ex-wife would be a huge thing. I don't think about her often but when I do it's nothing but seething rage and hatred. it isn't healthy.

I agree. I'm glad you're looking into therapy because it sounds like those anger issues are really torturing you. I'm still trying to hook myself up with one because I'm a mess, haha.

We could have had legal recreational marijuana but thankfully the ballot measure was rejected last year as it would have enshrined a legal drug monopoly into our state constitution.

As it is, Ohio is very lenient with rec marijuana possession as it is. Just fines, no jail time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom