• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
When I have kids visiting I just play fighting games and destroy their spirits. Im evil I know.
KuGsj.gif

Jobbs

Banned
When I have kids visiting I just play fighting games and destroy their spirits. Im evil I know.
KuGsj.gif

McKenna is pretty good at Smash but I can still kick her ass reliably. She poses a much greater threat in Garden Warfare 2, though, and can legitimately beat me/do better than me sometimes

I'm making her play Don't Starve because I want her to appreciate one of my favorite games

Symphonia

Banned
It’s amazing how the human mind and heart work. One action can bring you down and make you feel that life isn’t worth living but then a few choice words from someone unexpected, and you feel on top of the world. This feeling of euphoria is one of the few reasons why I enjoy being alive, to not only be able to feel that but to also make others experience that feeling too.

I refer to you guys as my friends, but I also keep in mind that we only know each other through the internet. Which is odd, because my track record has shown that I usually end up meeting people I know over the net. I'm meeting Zee and Emily next year for WonderCon. I've proto-invited Lili to my birthday in August.

I mean, I know you're all only eFriends at the moment, but that doesn't mean that I won't fight for you.

It seems like every time I want to go swimming it's always cold and overcast. There must be something about that combination which appeals to me, but everyone else mostly wants to go when it's bright and sunny out. Hmm.

It’s amazing how the human mind and heart work. One action can bring you down and make you feel that life isn’t worth living but then a few choice words from someone unexpected, and you feel on top of the world. This feeling of euphoria is one of the few reasons why I enjoy being alive, to not only be able to feel that but to also make others experience that feeling too.
Hey, I'm glad you're feeling better :)

Vazra

If I ever get a very rich sugar daddy or win the powerball I would visit everyone.
Some get special treatment if they want( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Vazra

When you hear a notifcation sound on your phone thinking it might have been someone on twitter but its YouTube notifications
cJCmto5.jpg

EDIT: I would actually bang the Youtuber tho

Symphonia

Banned
I've only ever met one person from the internet in real life, and that was because we went to the same 6th form

I'm too scared of people to actually do it
I met one ex on a Nintendo forum (oh, lord) and I met my baby mama through MySpace. I've had a few hook ups through online, too. I need to start meeting people in clubs.

It seems like every time I want to go swimming it's always cold and overcast. There must be something about that combination which appeals to me, but everyone else mostly wants to go when it's bright and sunny out. Hmm.

Hey, I'm glad you're feeling better :)
Thank you.

Having Hulu has helped. I love Jimmy Fallon.

If I ever get a very rich sugar daddy or win the powerball I would visit everyone.
Some get special treatment if they want( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You gotta stop basing your hopes and dreams on other people magically stepping in. How's that job search going? :)

Thank you.

Having Hulu has helped. I love Jimmy Fallon.
I like Fallon so much, which I'm aware is often met with derision on GAF. But I enjoy watching yesterday's show every evening. It's a fun, lighthearted way to keep abreast of pop culture.

Vazra

You gotta stop basing your hopes and dreams on other people magically stepping in. How's that job search going? :)

Thats just humor :p

As for the job search applied to a few shoe stores and 4 retail stores online. Went to 2 factories a week ago. Now I browse online sites but things continue to suck. Hope the shoe store or the Kmart here in the city actually gives me a call soon cause that would be pretty damn convenient since it would be like 5 minutes away from home on car. (Also have experience working retail so it would go fine)

Thats just humor :p

As for the job search applied to a few shoe stores and 4 retail stores online. Went to 2 factories a week ago. Now I browse online sites but things continue to suck. Hope the shoe store or the Kmart here in the city actually gives me a call soon cause that would be pretty damn convenient since it would be like 5 minutes away from home on car. (Also have experience working retail so it would go fine)

That's hard. I'm glad you're still giving it a solid effort though. Have you gotten any advice from some of the places that rejected you?

Vazra

That's hard. I'm glad you're still giving it a solid effort though. Have you gotten any advice from some of the places that rejected you?

I got that I was overqualified for a few and in another one that I should take care of my image which was pretty much telling me to lose weight.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Kirby Planet Robobot is good, friends. Managed to get it early thanks to working at Nintendo.
Jelly

Ain't this the truth.

As far as I know, there's no actual law protecting against appearance based discrimination as in looks and weight.

Sex, race, religion, age, and disability status are the only nationwide categories with protections.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Still a very unethical thing to do as an employer, I'd be surprised if you couldn't press charges somehow

Still a very unethical thing to do as an employer, I'd be surprised if you couldn't press charges somehow

Yeah, it's trash.

It's also really risky for a company to do that because while it's technically legal if the applicant is anything but a white man they could find themselves being accused of other forms of employment discrimination which are actually illegal on the federal level.

FloatOn

Jumping in on this concersation late but vaz.... It sounds like it may be an issue of location. I know leaving friends and family is hard but have you looked into moving to a place where jobs are more plentiful?

I think you would do well in Miami and it's not all that far from PR.

Got a message at 7 am from tonights date saying she'd forgotten an appointment she had tonight...not a great sign.

Sorry man. I hate shit like this. Her loss

Vazra

Jumping in on this concersation late but vaz.... It sounds like it may be an issue of location. I know leaving friends and family is hard but have you looked into moving to a place where jobs are more plentiful?

I think you would do well in Miami and it's not all that far from PR.

Well if the plans are still up by my parents I should be going to Florida around October or November for a few months (I believe was 3 months) to job hunt. Im keeping my expectations low because they have talked about it in other situations and kept delaying things and money in here is not that much so in ways I can understand the delays.

FUME5

She wants to reschedule, but yeah, not a great sign.

I've never really been one for 'dating' (things just happen) so I've been on more first dates in the last nine months than I had in the decade before, I'm blase about the whole thing atm.

Frankly, the universe should hook the trabster up first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom