• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mirror's Edge 2 looks pretty underwhelming. I don't know what they think they're doing.

Doing a jump animation that makes no physical sense.

Unless I'm missing something, very few games have jump animations that actually make sense physically. No anticipation movement is the main crime.

I wish I was gay, all the gay guys seem to love me :/

Also woo Friday!

That's curious. I wonder why that would be.

Cold milk is gross and leaves a disgusting feeling inside my mouth. I can only drink it pipping hot.

Cold milk goes better when you drink it with something else. That way the sort of film isn't as present.

Jobbs

Banned
Unless I'm missing something, very few games have jump animations that actually make sense physically. No anticipation movement is the main crime.

This one actually does. Hard to balance it if there's no tell.

He just moves erratically once in the air due to his super powers

Cold milk is gross and leaves a disgusting feeling inside my mouth. I can only drink it pipping hot.

I gagged a bit.

Just got home from the 10pm premiere of this. Visually gorgeous, good soundtrack, some cheesy dialogue, and
Murlocs!!!
. Great flick overall.

I... I wouldn't say no to this Garona, and I hate Orcs. Must be the Draenei blood, but the ones at the beginning looked hella creepy... I don't even know.

Windumb's officially a Warcraft shill.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
1csjdXe.png

Looks like BBadger.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I like my milk hot and my cereal warm and soggy. My American coworkers looked at me as if I were a poltergeist when we had breakfast at some hotel's buffet, even if deep down they knew my table manners to be superior.

Warm, soft cornflakes >>>>>>>> crunchy, deadass cold ones.

Chuckie

I like my milk hot and my cereal warm and soggy. My American coworkers looked at me as if I were a poltergeist when we had breakfast at some hotel's buffet, even if deep down they knew my table manners to be superior.

This is how I used to eat my cornflakes as a kid. I did add a bit of sugar.
Warm milk with a bit of sugar is fucking delicious.

But normally I do drink my milk cold. REALLY cold.

You know what is fucking gross? Lukewarm/tepid milk.

Jobbs

Banned
Perfidy sounds like you're trying to buy something with a stack of Ulysses Grant notes. "How many socks can I get perfidy?"

Oh. I'll take your word for it. I'm not following the game at all.

Oh. LOL. Those were two unrelated thoughts. I'm the one making the ridiculous jump in my game.

Oh. LOL. Those were two unrelated thoughts. I'm the one making the ridiculous jump in my game.

Oh. Oh.

I need to go to bed. I'm sitting here staring at Illustrator drawing a complete blank. Do I draw more building interiors just for funs, or do I move onto something else and start actually making progress? It sounds obvious when I put it that way but I'm having a lot of fun drawing the interiors and don't quite feel like stopping yet, and yet I can't get anything done sitting here in indecision.

Oh, and there's an earthquake going on right now. Small one though. Okay it's done.

Jobbs

Banned
Oh. Oh.

I need to go to bed. I'm sitting here staring at Illustrator drawing a complete blank. Do I draw more building interiors just for funs, or do I move onto something else and start actually making progress? It sounds obvious when I put it that way but I'm having a lot of fun drawing the interiors and don't quite feel like stopping yet, and yet I can't get anything done sitting here in indecision.

Oh, and there's an earthquake going on right now. Small one though. Okay it's done.

As long as it's a small one. :)

I have trouble finalizing game art before seeing it in game. It's hard to break it down and make sure it all works and feels right until it works and feels right.

Jobbs

Banned
Really? 2D art is generally pretty WYSIWYG.

My art is made up of many small parts which work together and sometimes I don't fully see how well it's going to work until I do it. I also utilize many parallax layers in-game and it's hard to replicate this effect in photoshop.

I also use a lot of post processes that also are hard to imitate in photoshop

Jobbs

Banned
Finally connecting the dots on something that's been in my game forever.

There's a "charge up" ability you can acquire, and with it comes several hidden uses -- One of which is the ability to do this midair shinespark-like downward move. It produces an AOE damage effect and in one case can break a floor that nothing else breaks.

https://gfycat.com/RapidWigglyCanary

It's never explained to the player, but the boss you acquire the charge power from does a similar move, so I'm hoping some people will be enticed to experiment and discover it.

I need to rescind my earlier statement about the earthquake being small. Apparently it was pretty strong (5.2 Richter) about an hour south of me. Just a gentle sway for me though, almost thought my exhaustion was playing tricks on me.

Won 185 € on the lottery. NICE

NICE! ♥

My art is made up of many small parts which work together and sometimes I don't fully see how well it's going to work until I do it. I also utilize many parallax layers in-game and it's hard to replicate this effect in photoshop.

I also use a lot of post processes that also are hard to imitate in photoshop

I'm not doing any post-process, but I draw all the assets as if they were already in a scene. For example, I draw background decor against the surfaces they'll be in front of rather than in front of a blank screen. This really takes a lot of the guesswork out.

FUME5

Finally connecting the dots on something that's been in my game forever.

There's a "charge up" ability you can acquire, and with it comes several hidden uses -- One of which is the ability to do this midair shinespark-like downward move. It produces an AOE damage effect and in one case can break a floor that nothing else breaks.

https://gfycat.com/RapidWigglyCanary

It's never explained to the player, but the boss you acquire the charge power from does a similar move, so I'm hoping some people will be enticed to experiment and discover it.

Or check the Wiki.

Jobbs

Banned
I'm not doing any post-process, but I draw all the assets as if they were already in a scene. For example, I draw background decor against the surfaces they'll be in front of rather than in front of a blank screen. This really takes a lot of the guesswork out.

I don't know what's wrong with me. I think I make things far more complicated than they need to be. A lot will change once I turn the pange.

This is from the original photoshop file of the landing area "tileset" (these assets ended up being adapted to many rooms in this region in some form)

and this is a screenshot of how it actually ended up looking in the game after a lot of revisions

edit: come to think of it the colors were toned down somewhat since this shot was taken, the revisions never end

Or check the Wiki.

yeah I guess that's a possibility. :/

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Wow do I feel ill. Heavy head, dizzy, can't think straight. What is wrong with me.

Also milk is only meant to be had cold. That's why it's refrigerated at supermarkets. That's why it goes bad when you leave it out. Warm milk is like... do you eat moldy fruit? No? Then you shouldn't drink warm milk either.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Wow do I feel ill. Heavy head, dizzy, can't think straight. What is wrong with me.

Also milk is only meant to be had cold. That's why it's refrigerated at supermarkets. That's why it goes bad when you leave it out. Warm milk is like... do you eat moldy fruit? No? Then you shouldn't drink warm milk either.

flu?

Chuckie

Meat is also refrigerated in the supermarket. Do you also eat that cold?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I don't know what's wrong with me. I think I make things far more complicated than they need to be. A lot will change once I turn the pange.

This is from the original photoshop file of the landing area "tileset" (these assets ended up being adapted to many rooms in this region in some form)

and this is a screenshot of how it actually ended up looking in the game after a lot of revisions

edit: come to think of it the colors were toned down somewhat since this shot was taken, the revisions never end

yeah I guess that's a possibility. :/

I like the new version. More mysterious and moody.

Jobbs

Banned
I like the new version. More mysterious and moody.

yeah, it's a lot of moving parts and an immense number of layers, particularly in that scene. An inordinate amount of care went into it because it's the first thing you see when the game starts.

There are a bunch of shader passes which make it look a certain way. Color limiting shader (produces the subtle color banding), color correcting shaders (a LOT Of contrast is added to the game by the shaders!), noise, RGB separation, bloom, and others

Chuckie

I like tartares, though.
Mmm...

Just last weekend I had a most wonderful salmon tartare at a Japanese restaurant. Delicious.

I hate those :p

But yeah there is meat that can be eaten cold too. My point was just that not everything that is initially refrigerated should be consumed cold per se.

And some things are awesome warm and cold!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
You didn't tell us you were related to Danny Devito.
It just never seemed like the right time to bring it up.

Seaklng

Banned

i like cold milk and soggy flakes lol

Seaklng

Banned
how are you beckazoids? give me three bits of information about your recent days

mom is flying up tonight to visit & she told me the other day I'm just not trying hard enough. Not looking forward to her being here.

I slept for like 15 hours.

I'm trying to clean and watching junk on netflix.

what about you?

Jobbs

Banned
It makes you wanna vom?

Edit: Yeah what fumey said lol

There are about 8 different individual things about that photo that could individually make me lose my appetite

I habitually watch this aussie girl on twitch every morning just because I like how you freaks talk

mom is flying up tonight to visit & she told me the other day I'm just not trying hard enough. Not looking forward to her being here.

I slept for like 15 hours.

I'm trying to clean and watching junk on netflix.

what about you?

single now, eating a lot, getting fat, my nieces are staying with me for a bit. I guess that's sorta four facts.

I might join you and put some junk on netflix.

Speaking of which AGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
There are about 8 different individual things about that photo that could individually make me lose my appetite

I habitually watch this aussie girl on twitch every morning just because I like how you freaks talk

8? Damn son.

Also you could skype me and listen to my lovely
ghastly
voice :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom