• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misha

Banned
whats up with girl versions of link an hoods though? my assumption would be that linkle was a trial run/concept for this actually happening and they were trying to see what would work

Jobbs

Banned
Rise Of The Tomb Raider is better game than Uncharted 4.
Ohurhzc.gif

Agreed

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
whats up with girl versions of link an hoods though? my assumption would be that linkle was a trial run/concept for this actually happening and they were trying to see what would work
Nintendo secretly wants to get rid of the doofy Peter Pan hat but can't because of how iconic it is

Seems like they did it this time anyway though. Also I don't think that's female Link after reading that thread, it looks like old concept art.

Misha

Banned
Nintendo secretly wants to get rid of the doofy Peter Pan hat but can't because of how iconic it is

Seems like they did it this time anyway though. Also I don't think that's female Link after reading that thread, it looks like old concept art.

I thought that was a boob at first but turns out its a shoulder. really doesn't look different enough to confirm its anything but a different angle

FloatOn

After I beat dark souls 3, witcher 3 and probably dragons dogma I'll be done with fantasy for the foreseeable future so a good sci-fi arpg is just the fucking ticket

FloatOn

I didn't even know they were making a new mass effect. I was such a shill for the second one, which btw was better than the original in every way. I don't care if it was less "rpg" or whatever else the nerds were bitching about.

I didn't even know they were making a new mass effect. I was such a shill for the second one, which btw was better than the original in every way. I don't care if it was less "rpg" or whatever else the nerds were bitching about.

I'm pretty vocal about my distaste for the first one. It's trying to do too many things and fails at all of them.

The Mako is also deadass the worst, most cumbersome vehicle ever put into a game.

FloatOn

Linkle is the stupidest god damn name for a character I've ever heard

Nintendo should be ashamed

I'm pretty vocal about my distaste for the first one. It's trying to do too many things and fails at all of them.

The Mako is also deadass the worst, most cumbersome vehicle ever put into a game.

No lies detected. Fuck the mako and fuck managing shitty meaningless loot.

In the clip I posted it looks like the mako is coming back but it looks functional this time.

Misha

Banned
I believe female link will just be female link, but there's always a chance it'll be another person like Linkle or whatever
you should clarify "wearing green and nameable"

impa/Zelda/some new character being playable is different

I like the mako :(

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
When you go 90% of the game without realizing the Mako has a cannon

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I think Mass Effect 1 is the best in the trilogy. I love the micromanagement and I love the mako and discovery,

I think making it more shootbang as it went on was to the game's detriment.

SolVanderlyn

I liked every ME game, but I wouldn't mind if they went back to the more heavily RPG inspired style of the first one. It didn't age well, but I'm sure it could be smoothed out and made to fit modern day standards.

My bet is on Andromeda being more shootbang like ME3 though, because EA

Misha

Banned
I think Mass Effect 1 is the best in the trilogy. I love the micromanagement and I love the mako and discovery,

I didn't like how pointless most of the random planets were but for me the mako did a good job breaking up action sequences and you can just mess around on it. even I found the combat worse in 2 (which is weird considering that was supposed to be better). 1 reminded me more of kotor but I wish they went even further in that direction (not isometric etc but more roleplaying and communication etc)

SolVanderlyn

As long as there isn't a planet scanning defense force...

I love the random semi-pointless planets. It makes it a lot more meaningful when you finally run into something notable.

I think it'd be cool if Andromeda borrows a lot of ideas from No Man's Sky. I love visiting random planets and digging for resources.

19-024.gif

I love the random semi-pointless planets. It makes it a lot more meaningful when you finally run into something notable.

I think it'd be cool if Andromeda borrows a lot of ideas from No Man's Sky. I love visiting random planets and digging for resources.

19-024.gif

It's gonna have a horrible metagame layer with real world timers and a bunch of empty planets with nothing but vistas and I'm not going to stop whining about it for the next decade

ME1 had shootbang up the wazoo, it was just really really bad at it.

Two of these things are not Chinese

Well it's not like you go to Panda Express for legit Chinese food. It's impressionistic Chinese food, and sometimes you want one more than the other.

It's gonna have a horrible metagame layer with real world timers and a bunch of empty planets with nothing but vistas and I'm not going to stop whining about it for the next decade

Yeah, probably.

To be clear, I'm not sold on No Man's Sky at all. The gameplay loop doesn't look interesting enough, there's no story to speak of, and Hello Games has a terrible track record. (sorry Joe Danger fans). But the tech is nifty and so putting it in an actually interesting game would be pleasing to me.

Misha

Banned

the ones in the mass effect games just gave me anxiety issues :p
if loading is faster I might like it more

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds

ME1 had shootbang up the wazoo, it was just really really bad at it.
Not really. It had simulated shoot bang which I liked more.
Two of these things are not Chinese
Idgaf. American Chinese food>actual Chinese food.

And yes I have eaten in China. I was stationed in Japan for my first tour, we went to China frequently.

Xiao Hu

Of course. There's a pretty huge Asian contingent in SoCal, so there are proper Chinese food places all over if you know where to look. Like, Mandarin-only menus and 95% Chinese customers level of proper.

Idgaf. American Chinese food>actual Chinese food.

And yes I have eaten in China. I was stationed in Japan for my first tour, we went to China frequently.

I will give American Chinese cuisine a try when I'm in the states next year. German Chinese food is trash though. Which Chinese cuisine have you tried since there are at least 5 different ones?

Pau

I like shitty American Chinese food too. Think I've only had authentic Cantonese food. Which I also liked.

I will say American Chinese food is so much better than Colombian Chinese food. That's some bullshit.

FloatOn

Starbound is hitting v1.0 soon

you would probably like that.

zeemumu

Aww yiss, another Troy Baker/Laura Bailey vehicle. I'm already strapping in.

edit: more of the Zelda artwork revealed.

AwfIW1I.jpg

The world scale is amazing. It was one of the main things that caught my eye in the initial reveal for this game. The two main games that most people want to have a Skyrim scale are this and Pokemon. My only concern is whether or not they're able to populate the map with enough interesting things so it doesn't feel like you're traversing a dead world.

Can I do dating sim things in Telltale games? I've never played.

It's more of a "choose your own adventure." Usually the options are "Be a dick", "Be cool", and "Be neutral" with some variation in severity and context between them, but if they give you the option you could. Walking Dead Season 1 had a bit of a romantic thing going on for a bit that was completely optional because the character could die long before you could build a relationship with them.

Xiao Hu

Mostly Cantonese and Sichuan, I think. Most American Chinese is based on those.

Definitely try Dongbei! As someone from Russia I really do appreciate the familiar flavours in the North-Eastern cuisine. Shanghainese food on the other hand is the worst in the Chinese family. Food is too sweat and the people are obsessed with sea food. 小笼包(Xiaolongbao) and 生煎 (Shengjian) are worth the try though if you can get some in America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom