• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a remake.

We got design documents leaked about 2 years ago, we know pretty much exactly what it is and what kind of game it is. The trailer today was essentially scripted in that design document so it didn't come as a shocker really. It's not a remake of the first game, nor a continuation of the concept from Prey 2 that we saw trailers for many years back (the one with the Johny Cash trailer song).

It's a whole new game that is described as being a spiritual successor to System Shock / System Shock 2. It will be reminiscent of a Bioshock if you haven't played the old games, or a Deus Ex to some extent, but takes place in the same kind of "haunted house in space" setting that SS and SS2 had.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
We got design documents leaked about 2 years ago, we know pretty much exactly what it is and what kind of game it is. The trailer today was essentially scripted in that design document so it didn't come as a shocker really. It's not a remake of the first game, nor a continuation of the concept from Prey 2 that we saw trailers for many years back (the one with the Johny Cash trailer song).

It's a whole new game that is described as being a spiritual successor to System Shock / System Shock 2. It will be reminiscent of a Bioshock if you haven't played the old games, or a Deus Ex to some extent, but takes place in the same kind of "haunted house in space" setting that SS and SS2 had.
This sounds more like a new IP, but damn do I want this, I don't care what it's called

FUME5

I'm in.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Roger Craig Smith did a fantastic young Batman in Origins, and Troy Baker did a fantastic Joker.

TRoy Baker was good as Joker. But he was no Mark Hamill. Of course getting Hamill these days is probably prohibitively expensive and you have to work around Star Wars stuff.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
giphy.gif

I don't care that PC has had shiny Skyrim for 5 years and all the mods they want. I'm so damn excited for the remaster.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
If you ever want to reevaluate yourself or look for ways to improve as a person just look at your post history and go to the earliest page, then gauge how annoying you are

SolVanderlyn

No additional content or rewritten quest lines for Skyrim Remastered? What a cheap money grab, Bethesda...
It's a substantial step up for people who had the PS3 version, but still

Xiao Hu

Dude, it shouldn't be that hard to add/rewrite certain guilds for example. Why couldn't they turn the bards college into a proper guild that is actually an organization of spies (cloak and dagger!). Or resurrecting the arena in Windhelm that didn't make into the game originally?

Granadier

Dude, it shouldn't be that hard to add/rewrite certain guilds for example. Why couldn't they turn the bards college into a proper guild that is actually an organization of spies (cloak and dagger!). Or resurrecting the arena in Windhelm that didn't make into the game originally?

It's a remaster man, not a remake. Game dev isn't just snapping fingers and pixie dust.

Plus they are literally giving away free copies to people that have all the DLC / Legendary edition.

Granadier

Huh. Apparently Matt Cullen started out at my university.

You're welcome for the Stanely Cup Misha. :p

SolVanderlyn

I have livejournals and myspaces somewhere but I forgot the URLs so I'm good

There is another forum I go to that has posts from 2002 though. 13 year old me, wow

Here's one of my earliest posts on the interweb

S is for Spork
P is for Spork
O is for Spork
R is for Spork
K is for Spork

lol.gif
Comedic genius. 10/10

Misha

Banned
Congrats Mish,
Hope I get I get to feel, what you're feeling in my lifetime. :(
probably not going to be with the sedins unfortunately. but you never know, only 6 players are still with the penguins from 2 years ago. JR did some work that you normally wouldn't think it possible
Does that mean Acrid is borderline suicidal atm?

I think he's drowning himself in overwatch atm

jb1234

I have livejournals and myspaces somewhere but I forgot the URLs so I'm good

There is another forum I go to that has posts from 2002 though. 13 year old me, wow

Here's one of my earliest posts on the interweb

Comedic genius. 10/10

I'd rather read posts from 13 year old me than 22 year old me. At least at thirteen, I can claim age as an excuse for my stupidity.

SolVanderlyn

I quoted your post to say thank you so much for marking spoilers, only to see the spoilers in the message box.

flat,800x800,070,f.jpg

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Laugh your ass off but I shed a tear by this teaser of Saber Marionette new show. Ya'll don't now how much I love this show. GAWD
sabermarionetteproject.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom