• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why it's so addicting watching online delivery tracking but I love it. Even more so when it's coming internationally and it's anyone's guess when customs will clear.

Game of Thrones spoilers:
Lowkey screaming @ that final Arya scene. My fanfiction is coming true.

That played out pretty much as everyone expected it to.

Misha

Banned
Congrats :)

you piece of shit

why'd Crosby get MVP over Kessel?

My guess is just that kessel didn't quite dominate even though he was really good so it just went to the captain. (kinda like toews's smythe)

Or maybe they went by possession stats. I didn't follow them but id imagine Crosby's were huge even though no one on his line can shoot and he never gets enough room to

Clydefrog

My guess is just that kessel didn't quite dominate even though he was really good so it just went to the captain. (kinda like toews's smythe)

Or maybe they went by possession stats. I didn't follow them but id imagine Crosby's were huge even though no one on his line can shoot and he never gets enough room to

Yeah but he cheats on the faceoffs

Jobbs

Banned
Dishonored 2 looks fantastically underwhelming.

The abundance of murder in it also feels a tonally off given the timing.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know why it's so addicting watching online delivery tracking but I love it. Even more so when it's coming internationally and it's anyone's guess when customs will clear.

I like watching the pizza delivery driver GPS and just imagining that every time it stops at a red light it's because the driver has been in a serious accident.

They give a free pizza for 30 mins or less but if it never arrives I might get two free pizzas.

Clydefrog

I like watching the pizza delivery driver GPS and just imagining that every time it stops at a red light it's because the driver has been in a serious accident.

They give a free pizza for 30 mins or less but if it never arrives I might get two free pizzas.

keep us posted!!!

Which service does that? I don't really get food delivered that often. I was more talking about Amazon orders and stuff like that.

Dishonored 2 looks fantastically underwhelming.

The abundance of murder in it also feels a tonally off given the timing.

I may have missed it, but are there any games you've liked yet? :)

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
8cb9d5ec1b.png

Charli...
00cd6613bd.png

Jobbs

Banned
Which service does that? I don't really get food delivered that often. I was more talking about Amazon orders and stuff like that.

I may have missed it, but are there any games you've liked yet? :)

There hasn't been much to comment on yet. I don't get excited for FPS or soldier games generally, but I actually let EA off pretty easily with respect to their two substantive offerings.

Titanfall 2 looks neat with its increase in robots and colors, even if I'll probably never buy it, I didn't have anything negative to say.

Battlefield 1 -- I'll probably not buy it, and the gameplay looks identical to every battlefield game (was hoping for that trench warfare yo) but stylistically anything is a nice departure from modern/futuristic military crap, so, again, I don't have much negative to say.

The only things I've watched from Bethesda are Prey and Dishonored 2 -- More FPS, which -- See above.

I'm really excited to see Zelda and Horizon!

That's me RN but 34 cm down and 10 cm right.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Funnily enough, Titanfall 2 is so far the most fun looking game from what I've seen of E3.

Also despite rooting for a multiplayer Quake direction, I now hate everything about that. No-Name studio, hero shooter mechanics, wat.

Jobbs

Banned
The frequency of people grumbling about my shit timeline has gone up a bit recently, which is understandable. Maybe I need to throw them a bone soon.

I deserve whatever criticism I get, but it's still a little frustrating getting a comment about the game not existing when the game is basically my whole life right now

Also I have a strong feeling that negative comments are always from non-backers. Backers are perpetually optimistic in my experience

Publicity is a double-edged sword. The alternative here (and a common trap for indies) is to garner no press until it's too late, and not build up awareness and expectations.

Send me a picture to visualize it better.

We've been over this. Matt's talking about his appendix region. Learn 2 measure.

Also, and I know you guys want me to post a bunch of lewd stuff again, but if your dick is so much in pain that you're doubled over, that's probably not a good sign. Like I don't ever want to see that dick.

Misha

Banned
The frequency of people grumbling about my shit timeline has gone up a bit recently, which is understandable. Maybe I need to throw them a bone soon.

I deserve whatever criticism I get, but it's still a little frustrating getting a comment about the game not existing when the game is basically my whole life right now

Also I have a strong feeling that negative comments are always from non-backers. Backers are perpetually optimistic in my experience

Start retweeting vaporwave artists.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
We've been over this. Matt's talking about his appendix region. Learn 2 measure.

Also, and I know you guys want me to post a bunch of lewd stuff again, but if your dick is so much in pain that you're doubled over, that's probably not a good sign. Like I don't ever want to see that dick.
2Lazy2Measure

Jobbs

Banned
Publicity is a double-edged sword. The alternative here (and a common trap for indies) is to garner no press until it's too late, and not build up awareness and expectations.

I've dabbled with hiring animators but anyone worth their salt would cost me like... a toooonnnn of money, and I'm still not sure I'm comfortable with that when I think I can do it on my own.

And when did you ever post lewd stuff?

Send me a picture to visualize it better.

Took a quick selfie

0DLZ0w6.png

Start retweeting vaporwave artists.

Good idea, but the skeptics tend to be on my steam forum or in youtube comments. I always reply.

My favorite is someone who said "he's seen games done by one or two people finish much quicker". Oh, that solves it. I must be doing something wrong because another game was finished more quickly.

Chuckie

I think I played 15 hours of Witcher this weekend. Too much. I am pretty sure I actually dreamt about Yennefer last night.

I've dabbled with hiring animators but anyone worth their salt would cost me like... a toooonnnn of money, and I'm still not sure I'm comfortable with that when I think I can do it on my own.

And when did you ever post lewd stuff?

Well obviously I'm following the game much closer than most people, but I think your timeline is fine. I would be disappointed if you farmed out work to other people. People signed up for a game by you, not a game by your subcontractor.

And I never posted anything graphic, but I used to make a lot more innuendo. I don't have any specific examples.

Jobbs

Banned
Well obviously I'm following the game much closer than most people, but I think your timeline is fine. I would be disappointed if you farmed out work to other people. People signed up for a game by you, not a game by your subcontractor.

And I never posted anything graphic, but I used to make a lot more innuendo. I don't have any specific examples.

I've already farmed out a little work. I had a brief stint with an animator, but it only "kinda" worked out. The work he produced required a lot of cleanup and tweaking by me in order to look right for the game, so it felt weird paying someone then still working hours on the stuff myself.

A couple of units he worked on are in the game, but the vast majority of the artwork is by me alone.

I don't really know any way out of it, too, unless there's another copy of me out there. Anyone is going to animate/art in their own way. It brings to light a lot of questions in my mind about how larger projects keep their art coherent (which they regularly do -- I just don't understand how).

Misha

Banned
I've already farmed out a little work. I had a brief stint with an animator, but it only "kinda" worked out. The work he produced required a lot of cleanup and tweaking by me in order to look right for the game, so it felt weird paying someone then still working hours on the stuff myself.

A couple of units he worked on are in the game, but the vast majority of the artwork is by me alone.

I don't really know any way out of it, too, unless there's another copy of me out there. Anyone is going to animate/art in their own way. It brings to light a lot of questions in my mind about how larger projects keep their art coherent (which they regularly do -- I just don't understand how).

I don't know about large sized products but mid sized usually seem to contract out background drawings and minor enemies and such. They have one artist do all the stuff for each of those individual things
One artist I follow did a handful of sprites for shovel knight

FloatOn

If any of you want to know more about Orlando. My sister is a nurse at ORMC that worked a few hours after the shooting... She had this to say

Now that the dust has settled at work I thought I would take a moment to reflect..

On my way in to work tonight I was blown away by the humanity I saw. People on street corners with signs. Lines wrapped around buildings and vendors donating food and other items to make those donating blood a little more comfortable. As I walked into the hospital, things felt different. Seeing security heightened and OPD at check points. That's something you should never get comfortable seeing. Everyone had either been there from last night or still there from the early morning. Everyone had been through this, together. Our city will get through this, together. I've always loved our city and I hope this coming together of our community continues. We need to build each other up and support one another. I am incredibly proud to work at ORMC and so fortunate to work with everyone that I do. So many people came in early and on their days off to help. I'm amazed at how quickly everyone can come together and get to work. Thank you to all that I work with and to all the first responders and police in the area.

I urge all of you to please please please do what you can to donate blood! If you weren't able to today or were turned away do to lack of supplies, please try again as the week continues. Today was just the beginning of a long road ahead for these victims. #iloveorlando #orlandostrong #prayfororlando

Jobbs

Banned
I don't know about large sized products but mid sized usually seem to contract out background drawings and minor enemies and such. They have one artist do all the stuff for each of those individual things
One artist I follow did a handful of sprites for shovel knight

What I did was draw the initial sprite (in at least one pose, sometimes multiple poses) and ask the animator to add frames.

His animating didn't look a lot like mine so I'd have to work on his stuff a bunch to make it look right -- so I ended up spending a decent amount of money just for a slight timesaver.

Incidentally, with respect to pixel art, it's much easier to match that style just due to the nature of it. I've actually done a fair bit of pixel art back in the day, if you can believe it.

I actually believe I could emulate other artists' style pretty well. Unfortunately, again, only one me :eek: What a SHAME!

If any of you want to know more about Orlando. My sister is a nurse at ORMC that worked a few hours after the shooting... She had this to say

I like your sister

Misha

Banned
What I did was draw the initial sprite (in at least one pose, sometimes multiple poses) and ask the animator to add frames.

In my case, his animating didn't look a lot like mine so I had to work on it a bunch to make it look better, so I ended up spending a decent amount of money just for a slight timesaver.

Incidentally, with respect to pixel art, it's much easier to match that style just due to the nature of it. I've actually done a fair bit of pixel art back in the day, if you can believe it.

I actually believe I could emulate other artists' style pretty well. Unfortunately, again, only one me :eek: What a SHAME!

Oh. Not sure they if do that for games but obviously that's entirely the way that animation works

I remember reading up on how you're needed to emulate styles in games but I can't remember what that blog post said

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom