• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Well, it finally happened. All of our shit went unisex.

jpnMBbt.jpg

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Do they still have female and male fire extinguishers or did they make those unisex too.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I'd watch something with you but the sexual tension between us would be too great Jobbs.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I'd watch something with you but the sexual tension between us would be too great Jobbs.
You can watch something with me and you can sit on my lap. I'm sure you'd be comfy as Im a human cushion. If you feel something hard dont pay it any attention as it's probably my phone ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
You can watch something with me and you can sit on my lap. I'm sure you'd be comfy as Im a human cushion. If you feel something hard dont pay it any attention as it's probably my phone ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

"But you're holding a phone"
"Oh no this is my work phone"
"I think you have a call I feel it ringing"
"I'll get it later"

Soz Vas I'm straighter than the Stanford Linear Accelerator.
it's really really straight.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
"But you're holding a phone"
"Oh no this is my work phone"
"I think you have a call I feel it ringing"
"I'll get it later"

Soz Vas I'm straighter than the Stanford Linear Accelerator.
it's really really straight.

I go straight
for dick

zeemumu

I had almost completely forgotten that there was a new Game of Thrones episode last night.

Dany's gonna leave some murder in her wake.

Tommen's still a dumbass

Everything's finally converging on the north. Arya's gonna head back there, Sansa's already there, Dany's probably gonna head there after she boots these slavers out of her house, which Drogon was probably already in the process of doing, and Brienne will probably head back there now that her task is done.

GoT does a really good job of keeping old antagonists interesting when they stop being the primary antagonist instead of letting them go to waste or half-assing them back into the plot. The north has felt like the primary plot for the last few seasons. The Lannisters have their own thing going on, but outside of King's Landing it has very little impact on anything else outside of the aftermath of the war. You could remove the King's Landing plot entirely and most of the other characters' stories would be able to keep going. But you don't want that to happen because what's going on in there is still interesting and has become its own thing.

zeemumu

I might trade in my One for the One S. That size decrease would be useful.

But it needs to come in black or that's gonna look ugly on my shelf.

Jobbs

Banned
Why do they allow this guy on stage

When he talks about things I recoil from those things just because he talked about them

Jobbs

Banned
omg forza horizon 3.

gonna be the greatest

and i see laura bailey is continuing the trend of her playing PoC

A black actress plays a prominent white character in my game

So I think I just made up for it. You're welcome

Also ReCore looks good

I won't be getting FF15. It already looked shaky with a terribly obnoxious looking cast of characters and then the demo came along and COMPLETELY unsold me on it

The main character looks like my 13 year old cousin in 2004

Jobbs

Banned
nice understanding of race issues

I think we have bigger fish to fry than Laura Bailey

Jobbs

Jobbs, no

It's going to need to be explained to me why it matters if Laura Bailey's character is black or white

I have faced the difficult task of casting roles for a game (on a much smaller and less significant scale, obviously) and what race the person is never enters the decision making process. I'm far too worried about their reels and what I can get out of them in a recording

zeemumu

I think we have bigger fish to fry than Laura Bailey

It's going to need to be explained to me why it matters if Laura Bailey's character is black or white

I have faced the difficult task of casting roles for a game (on a much smaller and less significant scale, obviously) and what race the person is never enters the decision making process. I'm far too worried about their reels and what I can get out of them in a recording

I'm not going to have you and System derail this thread.

Jobbs

Banned
...uh

...why not just make her a prominent black character?

the character was already designed long before it was cast. I went through applicants and went with the one I liked. I didn't even know she was black at first

I truly 100% don't pay attention to the appearance or race of an actor for voiceover. It hasn't been relevant. If you can explain to me why that's insensitive I'll gladly listen and consider your argument

Xiao Hu

the character was already designed long before it was cast. I went through applicants and went with the one I liked. I didn't even know she was black at first

I truly 100% don't pay attention to the appearance or race of an actor for voiceover. It hasn't been relevant. If you can explain to me why that's insensitive I'll gladly listen and consider your argument

As looooong they're not ugly

Oh my god it's her

As the Pale King, I'm not the best qualified to answer this, but I believe it's a question of representation. The vast majority of prominent people in entertainment media are white, so to take a black actor and have them voice yet another white person doesn't seem great to me. But again, I'm a super white dood, other people will be able to answer this better than me, and I don't want to speak for people who can

Jobbs

Banned
Oh my god it's her

As the Pale King, I'm not the best qualified to answer this, but I believe it's a question of representation. The vast majority of prominent people in entertainment media are white, so to take a black actor and have them voice yet another white person doesn't seem great to me. But again, I'm a super white dood, other people will be able to answer this better than me, and I don't want to speak for people who will

I can understand being proactive about having a diverse cast. I've thought about it, and I do get that. In my case I just kinda cast whoever I could get who was good enough, because I have limited resources. I couldn't afford to be very proactive, that said, by chance I did end up with multiple POC.

I just think that racism is a festering ugly wound in our country and laura bailey's character being made non-white strikes me as a very small and innocuous thing relative to everything else

Incidentally most my characters don't have visible skin showing (they're either aliens or robots or wearing masks) so there's not a lot of opportunity for in-game diversity. I don't know why the prominent visible skin character is light skinned, I guess I never thought about it. Maybe next game we'll include more colors of skin.

And I'll leave it there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom