• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misha

Banned
The only good thing about wrestling. But worth it.

I hate wrestling, but I can see how it's some people's thing. Some people like boats, some people like tinkering with things, some people like Mexican telenovelas, some people like reality TV, some people watch Food Network all day...

There are much more offensive things to like than wrestling, which seems like dumb fun for the people who like it
Some people like dragon ball

zeemumu

Come on, the original Dragon Ball is good!!!

Th action is on a smaller scale than DBZ so I feel like it's hard for a lot of people to go back to it.

It's going from

trunks-vs-cell-o.gif

to

tumblr_my2lpspk7s1r8tyjfo1_500.gif

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I honestly enjoy all of Dragon Ball, but especially King Piccolo through Cell and Super

Oh, and on the definition of the word fickle...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1232693

GAF is fickle about hype

Good demo or trailer = Amazing, day zero
Bad demo or trailer, even after a good demo = Pre-order cancelled

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
If you want a real fight, there's always Hockey

Nerdkiller

Membeur
How funny would Ubi's conference be if Yves got a call mid conference confirming him that Vivendi has completed their hostile takeover of the company?

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Reading that Scorpio thread, I really do not know if some people are really so clueless or are just trolling around.

The thing about wrestling is that I get that it's completely ludicrous, but that's why I love it. I don't want to watch actual fights. I want to watch dumb fake fights because they're fun. Like action films, but where the people are actually doing the fight all in one go

FloatOn

The thing about wrestling is that I get that it's completely ludicrous, but that's why I love it. I don't want to watch actual fights. I want to watch dumb fake fights because they're fun. Like action films, but where the people are actually doing the fight all in one go

wrestling died when hulk hogan became bad.

it lost all of the cheesy fun times and became something for self-serious edgelords

hulk.jpg

I mean, why?

it just ruined all the fun

zeemumu

I've seen enough actual fights to realize that they're just two idiots flailing their arms forward trying to get a punch in. MMA fighters are more calculating with their actions and it makes for a more entertaining watch, like violent chess. Wrestling is live action American anime, complete with dramatic poses, overreactions, and story arcs.

wrestling died when hulk hogan became bad.

it lost all of the cheesy fun times and became something for self-serious edgelords

hulk.jpg

I mean, why?

it just ruined all the fun
...I mean

Did you see the picture I posted earlier? The WWE tag team champs literally came out of a giant box of cereal dressed as Saiyans at this year's Wrestlemania. This is a thing that happened.

EDIT: Also, saying something "died" because you stopped liking it is dumb.

Also also, fuck Hulk Hogan anyway

Misha

Banned
I wonder how much money you could make by doing events that are pretty much half cosplay and half pro wrestling where you would schedule it around the time of a convention

FloatOn

...I mean

Did you see the picture I posted earlier? The WWE tag team champs literally came out of a giant box of cereal dressed as Saiyans at this year's Wrestlemania. This is a thing that happened.

EDIT: Also, saying something "died" because you stopped liking it is dumb.

Also also, fuck Hulk Hogan anyway

died to me. I speak from my own perspective. shouldn't have to qualify everything with "imo"

it's probably that I just grew up and stopped liking it in general.

Jobbs

Banned
wait, are we actually going to get a game where generic looking mercenary looking dudes with guns use modern gadgets and guns and stuff? and shoot eachother, even?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom