• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Is it Mee-sha or Mish-a

I always that it was the first way but now my faith is shaken.

Misha

Banned
no, but with non-gaming stuff

Oh. This one is an internet friend and is very supportive of me. She just apparently doesn't understand basic strategy in games :p
also she may have been drunk but I'm not sure
Is it Mee-sha or Mish-a

I always that it was the first way but now my faith is shaken.

Generally the name is pronounced the first way but I think both sound find so I don't mind either

FUME5

Daniththegreen

Is that you trying to pronounce Danny Green with a mouthful of butt?

220px-DannyGreenJuly2011.jpg

Met him once or twice, good bloke.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Oh. This one is an internet friend and is very supportive of me. She just apparently doesn't understand basic strategy in games :p
also she may have been drunk but I'm not sure

Generally the name is pronounced the first way but I think both sound find so I don't mind either

Dee-ku nut
day-ku nut or
dek-ku nut?

Jobbs

Banned
I always wonder how something like BOUND comes to exist. From inception (what kind of drugs were used, etc) to securing funds (how do you describe this to a businessman)

Jobbs

Banned
God I hate God of War and deep video game voices. This sort of protagonist annoys me so much.

Looks like someone tried to mix God Of War with a Naughty Dog thing

Jobbs

Banned
Gruff daddy games

I have a cartoonishly deep voice and I'm going to kill demons with an axe... But please take me seriously as a character

Oh, and I have trouble expressing emotions because I'm tough

And then this next deep voice apocalypse game came off with all of the ingenuity and creativity of a Folgers commercial

it was... amazing

God I hate God of War and deep video game voices. This sort of protagonist annoys me so much.

Looks like someone tried to mix God Of War with a Naughty Dog thing

Shame on video game writers. I can't take this

c737e408b3925f79109fbbe437cb61fe.jpg

I thought the new GoW looked really good, and I've never been a fan of the series before.

But it's pleasant on the eyes.

Don't hug me. I'm scared.

Jobbs

Banned
Why is the Sony audience so insufferable? They scream like little boys at their big game reveals, and they cat call and stuff

Was the MS audience the same and I just couldn't hear it?

And I just have no tolerance for bald gruff voice protagonist games whatsoever, especially if it's god of war but even if it it isn't. It was for that exact reason I had to put down Lords of the Fallen after a few minutes

c737e408b3925f79109fbbe437cb61fe.jpg

I thought the new GoW looked really good, and I've never been a fan of the series before.

Don't hug me. I'm scared.

You not liking gow probably helps since this one does not resemble the old ones at all. They are paper thin revenge plots as an excuse for Kratos to go on a series of escalating, god slaying rampages.

The camera is different and combat looks much slower and lacking the focus on big groups and now it's looking to have a serious story with human emotions. Probably as different as Prey > new Prey

You not liking gow probably helps since this one does not resemble the old ones at all. They are paper thin revenge plots as an excuse for Kratos to go on a series of escalating, god slaying rampages.

The camera is different and combat looks much slower and lacking the focus on big groups and now it's looking to have a serious story with human emotions. Probably as different as Prey > new Prey

That's my understanding, yeah. It seems like the old style is going out of fashion too considering how poorly the last couple games in the series sold, so it's not just me.

Why is the Sony audience so insufferable? They scream like little boys at their big game reveals, and they cat call and stuff

Was the MS audience the same and I just couldn't hear it?

And I just have no tolerance for bald gruff voice protagonist games whatsoever, especially if it's god of war but even if it it isn't. It was for that exact reason I had to put down Lords of the Fallen after a few minutes

Sony showed good games and people were enthusiastic. If you shared their enthusiasm then the volume wouldn't have been insufferable, but rather exciting.

In any case, it's much better than the awkward sympathy laughter/applause other conferences have been garnering.

Jobbs

Banned
That's my understanding, yeah. It seems like the old style is going out of fashion too considering how poorly the last couple games in the series sold, so it's not just me.

Sony showed good games and people were enthusiastic. If you shared their enthusiasm then the volume wouldn't have been insufferable, but rather exciting.

In any case, it's much better than the awkward sympathy laughter/applause other conferences have been garnering.

I'm not negative! I just didn't like those two deep voice thingies.

Horizon looks great, The Last Guardian looks great, and I was pleasantly surprised to see RE7 as a horror game

And I'm hearing cat calls when women come on screen. I even heard cat calls when female mannequins were seen in RE7. These people are idiots.

I'm not negative! I just didn't like those two deep voice thingies.

Horizon looks great, The Last Guardian looks great, and I was pleasantly surprised to see RE7 as a horror game

And I'm hearing cat calls when women come on screen. I even heard cat calls when female mannequins were seen in RE7. These people are idiots.

Oh. I must have been oblivious to that when I watched it, so insufferable is not a word I would use.

Jobbs

Banned
Oh. I must have been oblivious to that when I watched it, so insufferable is not a word I would use.

Feels like I'm watching video game stuff with a hooting gallery of little boys, but I guess that makes sense given the creative and maturity levels of a lot of the games seen. The brutal kills get bigger reactions.

I play violent games too, but something about the conference makes me feel uneasy at times

Jobbs

Banned
I'm not sure if Good Dad Kratos is the best or the worst thing to ever happen to the franchise. Same with the camera.

I wouldn't call him a good dad. He loses his temper quickly and is incapable of expressing emotions. I think we should leave that kid with grandma

Camera is a good change, but it's not as if I could give a shit

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Call of Duty. IN SPAAAAACE.

Not only CoD has become the most cynical franchise of the industry, but it has also making me appreciate The Expanse and plausible sci-fi even more.

That breach sequence was such a load of bollocks.

Jobbs

Banned
Call of Duty. IN SPAAAAACE.

Not only CoD has become the most cynical franchise of the industry, but it has also making me appreciate The Expanse and plausible sci-fi even more.

That breach sequence was such a load of bollocks.

Hah, yeah. Seems like they tried to trick people into liking it, too, but not making it clear what it was for a while (opening with a bunch of robots and spaceships).

I was watching the Days Gone gameplay portion, and he yanks what looks like an oil filter out of a truck and screws it onto his gun as a silencer. Things are entering the realm of self parody.

A bit later someone actually says the line "You know how this ends, brother!"

It's not like getting writing up to basic "average television" standards is a great leap, I can only guess that the producers of video games have such disdain for their audience that they think they need things a certain way (even though the success of TLOU contradicts this).

I guess I don't understand.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I was watching the Days Gone gameplay portion, and he yanks what looks like an oil filter out of a truck and screws it onto his gun as a silencer. Things are entering the realm of self parody.

FYI, this is actually a thing. You can use an oil filter as a suppressor that will work as good as a professional one for small caliber firearms at the cost of losing your sights. Redneck engineering at its best. There are even a bunch of super sleazy manufacturers selling speciall nuts to attach them to weapons with threaded barrels under the guise of "solvent traps", preventing oil spillage when cleaning the barrel.

But yeah, that's kind of tryhard.

It's not like getting writing up to basic "average television" standards is a great leap, I can only guess that the producers of video games have such disdain for their audience that they think they need things a certain way (even though the success of TLOU contradicts this).

I guess I don't understand.
If you ignore production values, action vidjas haven't moved past the 90's comic book phase yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom