• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.
The spiders in my office are getting bigger and bolder.

I'm not sure if Good Dad Kratos is the best or the worst thing to ever happen to the franchise. Same with the camera.

Just wait, the next big gameplay reveal (possibly this week even) with be a huge fight with Fenris or Odin.

Jobbs

Banned
FYI, this is actually a thing. You can use an oil filter as a suppressor that will work as good as a professional one for small caliber firearms at the cost of losing your sights. Redneck engineering at its best. There are even a bunch of super sleazy manufacturers selling speciall nuts to attach them to weapons with threaded barrels under the guise of "solvent traps", preventing oil spillate when cleaning the barrel.

Make me look stupid again and I'll ban that ass!

sadly, apostrophes break hashtags.

for example, #youcan'tuseapostrophes would be parsed as #youcan followed by the non-hashtag text 'tuseapostrophes.

so #'merica is effectively a null hashtag.

Jobbs

Banned
Threads for dumb video games contain a lot of dumb people. I guess I should have made that connection beforehand.

Any criticism of writing results in "Oh, we have a writer here, guys!" No, I'm not a writer, you don't have to be a writer to know when you're being assumed an idiot by writers, though.

Jobbs

Banned
Hey, I'm a writer.

Maybe I can lit some shit for fun.

I (admittedly ungracefully) shouted into the God Of War thread about how stupid and awful this garbage is -- Partly because I assumed there'd be a lot of people in there making fun of it (I didn't check the temperature of the room first) -- And most the responses were along the lines of "professional writer here, guys!".

Threads for dumb video games contain a lot of dumb people. I guess I should have made that connection beforehand.

Any criticism of writing results in "Oh, we have a writer here, guys!" No, I'm not a writer, you don't have to be a writer to know when you're being assumed an idiot by writers, though.

The fans come off as un-self aware parodies, same as the games they love

It's also about the dumbest retort against criticism someone can make.

I'm not a professional author, actor, or musician. I can still critique those art forms.

Hey, I'm a writer.

Maybe I can lit some shit for fun.

Write an erotic novel about financial domination.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
c737e408b3925f79109fbbe437cb61fe.jpg

I thought the new GoW looked really good, and I've never been a fan of the series before.

Same! I never had much fun with the GoW franchise but this one looked super cool to me. Like a mix between GoW, Souls, Witcher and new Tomb Raider.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

Did you see the Pokemon story thread?

Jobbs

Banned
Your mistake was posting on Gaming side which is populated by reactionaries who lack any semblance of nuanced thought in favor of naked, unabated fanboyism.

To be fair, I didn't post very nuanced thought, I basically just screamed into their thread, LOL

I'm not totally self unaware

Their responses to me were still shit, though

Time to run!

Did you see the Pokemon story thread?

nope, what is it?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Man, RE7 looks like utter ass. I think I like the setting, but everything else is such a huge mess.

I'm getting some really nasty Silent Hill 4 vibes from it.

Jobbs

Banned
Man, RE7 looks like utter ass. I think I like the setting, but everything else is such a huge mess.

I'm getting some really nasty Silent Hill 4 vibes from it.

I'm downloading the demo now, papa

I'm worried they took it too far into the Silent Hills direction, though. I still like shooting zombies, I just like it better contextualized into a survival horror setting than the last few games were.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I love both action-y RE and Alone in the Dark rip-off RE. That trailer rubbed me off in a way I can't quite point out.

It's almost as if they were trying to infuse some Project Zero and Silent Hill into the franchise while removing some of the key aspects of RE that made the franchise great.

Then again, I'm talking out of my ass. I'll wait for some impressions.

zeemumu

"I felt the bulge grow as she slowly caressed the price tag. $500. $500 for a pair of sandals. My body could hardly stand it. I stood up and quickly grabbed he wrist, never breaking contact with those pale green eyes. I moved closer and closer until I could feel her cool breath on my lips. I was about to tell her my PIN number when she put a finger to my lips. 'We can't do this here,' she said. 'Let's head back to your place. I have a treat for you.' Ever curious, I asked her to give me a hint of what she had in mind, and my legs nearly collapsed under my own weight as she calmly whispered the words 'Steam Summer Sale.'"

Eventually the dice settled on 6. I traced my finger along the path to see where I was to end up. My heart nearly stopped when I reached the space. Boardwalk. She already had a hotel on the property. Was this her plan all along? My breathing quickened as I moved the iron to the space. I was going to l lose so much money that I could barely stand it.

Sorry guys. I'm tired and can't skeep. This seemed like a good use of my time.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Just FYI I live in Columbus and roosters aren't common

Just messing with you.

On a different note, I'm on a trailer binge and I'm shocked by Watch Dogs 2. Just not in a good way. It's hilarious how much it looks like nothing but 90's hacker wankery coupled with a couple of tablespoons of present-day edge and some third rate Silicon Valley critique for realness.

I want HBO's Silicon Valley to tear it apart. Gilfoyle pls.

tumblr_nnhjbqVa2o1sh0yuao1_500.gif

I deadass hear a rooster every morning if out running early enough.

The most annoying sound in the world.

"I felt the bulge grow as she slowly caressed the price tag. $500. $500 for a pair of sandals. My body could hardly stand it. I stood up and quickly grabbed he wrist, never breaking contact with those pale green eyes. I moved closer and closer until I could feel her cool breath on my lips. I was about to tell her my PIN number when she put a finger to my lips. 'We can't do this here,' she said. 'Let's head back to your place. I have a treat for you.' Ever curious, I asked her to give me a hint of what she had in mind, and my legs nearly collapsed under my own weight as she calmly whispered the words 'Steam Summer Sale.'"

Eventually the dice settled on 6. I traced my finger along the path to see where I was to end up. My heart nearly stopped when I reached the space. Boardwalk. She already had a hotel on the property. Was this her plan all along? My breathing quickened as I moved the iron to the space. I was going to l lose so much money that I could barely stand it.

Sorry guys. I'm tired and can't skeep. This seemed like a good use of my time.

index.php

Jobbs

Banned
Just messing with you.

On a different note, I'm on a trailer binge and I'm shocked by Watch Dogs 2. Just not in a good way. It's hilarious how much it looks like nothing but 90's hacker wankery coupled with a couple of tablespoons of present-day edge and some third rate Silicon Valley critique for realness.

I want HBO's Silicon Valley to tear it apart. Gilfoyle pls.

I was talking about this before but some of my reaction is pending more info... such as how self aware the game is

Jobbs

Banned
Don't get me started on FF15. The game is looking worse and more obnoxious every time I see it. I wish I could do something beyond simply not buying it. Maybe I'll post angry things on an internet forum...

Jobbs

Banned
You are totally going to be in a threeway with Blow and Notch when you hit it big.

I'm okay with being stylistically insufferable but being substantively insufferable is something I can't suffer, but they will suffer me

A visual of what FFXV looks like to me:

bad gameplay aside, when you close your eyes and smile while fantasizing about all of your main characters drowning in a lake you know you're off to a bad start

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
GoW is rad. Not everything has to be high art. Which is one of the reasons this new episode kind of bothers me. I want my pulpy, Harryhausen-infused mythical bullshit action game.

Jobbs

Banned
His mistake was bringing in extreme negativity.

God of War was trash and garbage? Jesus calm down dude.

Being extremely negative towards the games I dislike is part of the fun of E3. The difference is I just attacked a game/writers of the game, I didn't come in there to attack other posters

GoW is rad. Not everything has to be high art. Which is one of the reasons this new episode kind of bothers me. I want my pulpy, Harryhausen-infused mythical bullshit action game.

I could criticize many things but at the end of the day my tolerance for super gravely gruff voiced angry badasses is just zero at this point. It bothers me to the point of physical discomfort

Replace him with a character I actually like and the game would probably be fine

FloatOn

I gotta give it to Sony for building a stable of franchises fans get excited about. It's what Nintendo did and it worked.

Sometimes I feel like I'm missing out by not being in the Sony camp but nothing really seems so good that I can't miss it.

Jobbs

Banned
I'm legit excited for Horizon, TLG, and Spiderman. <3

And really excited to see Zelda today!

What has Ubisoft done that would ever lead you to think that?

If you are going to be hopeful about this you have to be hopeful about FFXV.

When the shredder mask with LED eyes made the winky thing at the end it was so ridiculous that it made me think maybe the game is aware of how silly it is and is embracing it (which is really the only good way for them to play it, IMO).

Where do you stand on FF15, btw?

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I gotta give it to Sony for building a stable of franchises fans get excited about. It's what Nintendo did and it worked.

Sometimes I feel like I'm missing out by not being in the Sony camp but nothing really seems so good that I can't miss it.
????

Sony has franchises that people care about?
CJVcqTDWUAA2b0D.jpg

That must be why PS all Stars did so well.

Ceallach

I'm legit excited for Horizon, TLG, and Spiderman. <3

And really excited to see Zelda today!

When the shredder mask with LED eyes made the winky thing at the end it was so ridiculous that it made me think maybe the game is aware of how silly it is and is embracing it (which is really the only good way for them to play it, IMO).

Where do you stand on FF15, btw?
I'm the girl who loves the XIII trilogy and owns multiple Lightning figs.

I could not be less excited about a game about a bunch of traveling dudebros.

I will get it however simply because I have been playing the franchise since I was 7.

Jobbs

Banned
haha

I won't begrudge anyone liking FF15 -- But a huge part of liking a game, for me, is finding the main character(s) appealing in some way. They could be cool, or interesting, or sexy, or whatever it is -- But I can't hate them. If I simply don't even want to spend time with them then it's a deal breaker. That's the problem with God of War and it's the problem with FF15, whose cast is stocked with plastic weirdo alien looking people (from my perspective).

If I REALLY LIKE the main character(s), then I'll enjoy a mediocre game with them. If I HATE the main characters, then I'll avoid an otherwise great game.

Playing with the Xbox Controller Lab thing. I think I like this. Kinda want it.

HbLiG72.gif

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Just messing with you.

tumblr_n6ret7n35k1qztba6o1_500.gif

SystemBug

haha

I won't begrudge anyone liking FF15 -- But a huge part of liking a game, for me, is finding the main character(s) appealing in some way. They could be cool, or interesting, or sexy, or whatever it is -- But I can't hate them. If I simply don't even want to spend time with them then it's a deal breaker. That's the problem with God of War and it's the problem with FF15, whose cast is stocked with plastic weirdo alien looking people (from my perspective).

If I REALLY LIKE the main character(s), then I'll enjoy a mediocre game with them. If I HATE the main characters, then I'll avoid an otherwise great game.

Playing with the Xbox Controller Lab thing. I think I like this. Kinda want it.

HbLiG72.gif

You should make a Ghost Song inspired one

but that already kinda looks like the same colorscheme as the MC so hmmm

Ceallach

Well there is

Uncharted
Sly
Ratchet and Clank
GoW

And so on... People apparently like them because they keep getting made

Uncharted I'll give you. But even that is iffy. Ask a rando who Nate Drake is and they have no clue.

But when was the last Sly? Ratchet and Clank bombed, the new game and movie, and people didnot care about the last GoW.

They don't compare to a true IP powerhouse like Nintendo or Disney.

FloatOn

Uncharted I'll give you. But even that is iffy. Ask a rando who Nate Drake is and they have no clue.

But when was the last Sly? Ratchet and Clank bombed, the new game and movie, and people didnot care about the last GoW.

They don't compare to a true IP powerhouse like Nintendo or Disney.

I'm not a fan either. I'm just saying they are trying to use the same strategy. I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom