• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.

SystemBug

The reason Nintendo and Disney have iconic franchises is because they target babies.

Now Marcus Fenix is real. A real man for real men, who fires real guns, in a real war with real consequences.

Jobbs

Banned
The reason Nintendo and Disney have iconic franchises is because they target babies.

Now Marcus Fenix is real. A real man for real men, who fires real guns, in a real war with real consequences.

Marcus Fenix is a scowling gruff stereotype with all the depth of a ggfgjhdfhfdgfdjh and nothing interesting or likeable about him.

Can you possibly describe him without mentioning "soldier" or "guns" or "gruff musclebound guy" or whatever? is there anything about him you could tell me personality wise? He's terrible and not deserving of remembrance, which makes him about as good as most video game characters

FF died after X...I thought everyone agreed on that. why are people excited for this now?

For me it died after 6, but I'm glad we can agree it's dead :)

Marcus Fenix is a scowling gruff stereotype with all the depth of a ggfgjhdfhfdgfdjh and nothing interesting or likeable about him.

Can you possibly describe him without mentioning "soldier" or "guns" or "gruff musclebound guy" or whatever? is there anything about him you could tell me personality wise? He's terrible and not deserving of remembrance, which makes him about as good as most video game characters

after 6??
that's just dismissing great and creative games.

Misha

Banned
Tbh Nintendo doesn't have many well known ips, Mario and Pokemon can just create a billion characters and Zelda is iconic.

SystemBug

I was being sarcastic. (Simon Miller from VideogamerTV)

But he is memorable regardless.

The thing with Marcus is that he's the quintessential macho man. And that's what's so great about him. He's a walking stereotype done right.

Jobbs

Banned
My cable internet shit the bed and has been barely working all morning and I'm worried I won't be able to watch the Zelda stuff. Grr.

I guess I can watch it over my phone if I have to.

after 6??
that's just dismissing great and creative games.

I'm stubborn and I reacted poorly to the change in direction after 6. I'm not saying 7 or 10 are *bad*, just that we grew apart after 6

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4

Marcus Fenix (even the name is groan-worthy) and GoW are nothing but Epic looking at Warhammer 40k's Imperial Guard for inspiration without realising that not even the worst Games Workshop fanboys take the books nor the universe seriously, other than the ungodly amounts of money demanded by the hobby.

I enjoyed the first couple of games because the mechanics were solid and fun (the third one soured me big time with its wanton nonsense), but other than that they are quite average. They feel like going into a high end confectionery and walking out with an artisan Twinkie.

Jobbs

Banned
Marcus Fenix (even the name is groan-worthy) and GoW are nothing but Epic looking at Warhammer 40k's Imperial Guard for inspiration without realising that not even the worst Games Workshop fanboys take the books nor the universe seriously, other than the ungodly amounts of money demanded by the hobby.

I enjoyed the first couple of games because the mechanics were solid and fun (the third one soured me big time with its wanton nonsense), but other than that they are quite average. They feel like going into a high end confectionery and walking out with an artisan Twinkie.

If game devs don't have any better ideas that "super tough guy with a deep voice who's tough" I wish they'd just opt out of attempting characterization and use a faceless, nameless, voiceless mute as the avatar

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Tbh Nintendo doesn't have many well known ips, Mario and Pokemon can just create a billion characters and Zelda is iconic.
I used to be a HUGE Kirby fan during the 2D era, but the character died for me along the SNES. I loved that pink little shit.

There's also Samus, I guess.

Misha

Banned
If game devs don't have any better ideas that "super tough guy with a deep voice who's tough" I wish they'd just opt out of attempting characterization and use a faceless, nameless, voiceless mute as the avatar
Wolfenstein did fine with that type of character

Jobbs

Banned
Horizon looks so great.

Incidentally, I did play all three Gears games and I'll probably get the new one. I recognize their stupidity but I tolerate it in this case for some reason.

but the whole concept of Wolfenstein was different and way simpler. you could exchange the character for anything really and it wouldn't matter.
God of War is about the character interacting with the world in his very one way. plus you have to look at him the whole time.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Doom guy is the original GRUFF FPS MOTHERFUCKER. And part of his charm is that he never said a peep.

SiN also did a stellar job with its protagonist, mostly by surrounding him by interesting supporting characters and giving him some zany lines and a good voice actor. Not to mention that Jamaican looking dudebros were quite rare in vidjas. The game did nothing particularly imaginative with it, but everything felt just right.

SystemBug

Was that the aussie racing game at MS? That looked good. I don't usually play a lot of racing games, but I liked it
Yeah. Horizon to me has the best driving physics. A nice mix of sim and arcade

Yeah but Doom was made in a time when FPS characters didn't speak

I'm getting lesbian vibes from the Horizon main protagonist

Early morning white girl selfie time

VJTh1oO.jpg

Jobbs

Banned
man I so wanna play it.

When I play games I tend to become easily irritated with people telling me things and exposition and so on. Doom guy feels exactly the same. The now-famous thing that happens early in the game made me audibly squeal, and I don't often squeal

SystemBug

So much for PC Herrenrasse....

Fuuuuuuuuck, I forgot to pay for my meal at the Muslim restaurant today D:
Lmao how that happen? Just walked out after the meal?

When I play games I tend to become easily irritated with people telling me things and exposition and so on. Doom guy feels exactly the same. The now-famous thing that happens early in the game made me audibly so queal, and I don't often squeal

Jobbs Simulator

(Pun intended)

Xiao Hu

I ordered some noodles for take away but then I had to help some Bangladeshi guys to order food. One of them was so talkative that I forgot to pay when the food came. Good that I'm heading in the same direction now for dinner.

Jobbs

Banned
I want to damage him forever.

This sort of stuff goes on all over without the people being caught. At least he was caught and his name is in the public. If the justice system won't punish him, hopefully regular people will punish him by shunning him for the rest of his rotten ugly life

This sort of stuff goes on all over without the people being caught. At least he was caught and his name is in the public. If the justice system won't punish him, hopefully regular people will punish him by shunning him for the rest of his rotten ugly life

thankfully the internet already did its job and will continue to do so

13393952_1403445193140007_85125946228728942_n.jpg

Jobbs

Banned
thankfully the internet already did its job and will continue to do so

13393952_1403445193140007_85125946228728942_n.jpg

I literally just did that

I hate answering my phone

The final stab in my heart is when I hear a new voicemail notification

Anyone I want to hear from will usually reach me on hangouts or something. If the phone's ringing it's probably something boring or bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom