• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutFox

Banned
13435328_949320818513440_5595429933882925135_n.jpg

That image triggered me,
I think that's why you got banned.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Cat returned, looks like he found second home at picnic place nearby. At least owner said that cat was there for last three days.

RIP vazra. :(

You can get banned for posting memes? what?

That's better than a handshake.

I prefer fistbump or even hug because what upsets me the most is the INSIDE of someone's hand

drinking from the same cup can be worse. at least you can wash your hands afterwards but you can remove the spit and bacteria from your mouth hole.

Jobbs

Banned
RIP vazra. :(

drinking from the same cup can be worse. at least you can wash your hands afterwards but you can remove the spit and bacteria from your mouth hole.

I don't share drinks with people unless I like them a lot

But even still, the hand upsets me so much because people touch everything and everyone else touches everything and it all multiplies

The inside of their mouth would normally just contain one set of germs rather than a million set of germs

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
SF is Sony conslole-exclusive now so I give it to Sony

And TLOU may as well be at this point.

And by your last standard, no one cares about Metroid, either.
That's silly. People are constantly clamoring for Metroid, and even though it is trash, Other M did very well.

Anyways, new Zelda looks gooooooooooood. I creamed.

I don't share drinks with people unless I like them a lot

But even still, the hand upsets me so much because people touch everything and everyone else touches everything and it all multiplies

The inside of their mouth would normally just contain one set of germs rather than a million set of germs

but the spit can contain special illness germs that make you sick.
but let's just agree that both is equally bad and people need to learn how to clean their hands, ears and mouths DAILY

zeemumu

That's silly. People are constantly clamoring for Metroid, and even though it is trash, Other M did very well.

Anyways, new Zelda looks gooooooooooood. I creamed.

But that came out in the same generation as Sly 4 and Twisted Metal 2012. My point was not having anything of note in a few generations doesn't mean that people don't want the game or that it doesn't have a fanbase :p

And yeah this Zelda gameplay looks great so far.

A jump button. Interesting.

Jobbs

Banned
Legitimately one of the best things coming from Roman influenced parts of Europe. Better way to greet friends and family than a lousy squeesh of my palm.

In Russia girls ahve to get their hands kissed any time they meet someone (I read that, anyway)

I'd just never leave the house.. imagine that

but the spit can contain special illness germs that make you sick.
but let's just agree that both is equally bad and people need to learn how to clean their hands, ears and mouths DAILY

ear hygiene <3333333345678

Ceallach

But that came out in the same generation as Sly 4 and Twisted Metal 2012. My point was not having anything of note in a few generations doesn't mean that people don't want the game.

And yeah this Zelda gameplay looks great so far.

A jump button. Interesting.
I have never seen anyone outside of GAF give a fuck out of either of those franchises.

No one clamor for them, like Crash for instance. And neither game did very well. The Sly trilogy in particular did very poorly. Neither of those franchises are ones that have more than a niche following.

Sony does not have a real franchise star. Microsoft has Master Chief, Minecraft Steve, and the Rare IP. Sony pushed it's brand, Playstation, above everything else. And it works for them. But as a result they don't have any real stars. Kratos and Nathan Drake to a point. But they are middling stars, though the games are blockbusters.

Jobbs

Banned
Trabby's my hygiene idol

I worked out really hard the other day and I'm still all sore. Never get old, guys. Don't make the same mistake I did

BTW this RPGified Zelda is making me wet!

zeemumu

I have never seen anyone outside of GAF give a fuck out of either of those franchises.

No one clamor for them, like Crash for instance. And neither game did very well. The Sly trilogy in particular did very poorly. Neither of those franchises are ones that have more than a niche following.

Sony does not have a real franchise star. Microsoft has Master Chief, Minecraft Steve, and the Rare IP. Sony pushed it's brand, Playstation, above everything else. And it works for them. But as a result they don't have any real stars. Kratos and Nathan Drake to a point. But they are middling stars, though the games are blockbusters.

*shrug* Sly did well enough to warrant a possible movie.

Rare hasn't gotten the chance to do much lately. Outside of KI and Sea of Thieves they've been confined to Kinect.

Jobbs

Banned
What? No.
_______

Where is the voice acting? I thought we get proper voice acting ;(

From wikipedia:
In Russia, a handshake is rarely performed by opposite sexes. Men shaking hands with women can be considered impolite, since hand-kissing is preferred[citation needed] as a ritual for greeting a lady. However, kissing the hand is considered unsuitable for business situations.

SystemBug

Rare hasn't gotten the chance to do much lately. Outside of KI and Sea of Thieves they've been confined to Kinect.

They were confined to Kinect for like what? 3 games?

They put out Kameo, Perfect Dark, 2 Viva Pinata games, and a new Banjo game last gen. Only 2 Kinect games last gen.

Ceallach

After the abject failure of Ratchet, a much larger franchise, don't expect that Sly movie.

That's true. But their classics are very much in the public conscious. How often is Banjo lamented? How many years were people asking for a new KI or Battletoads? FFS, do you have Battletoads became a meme.

It's not a shtick. That's pretty close to the same reaction my viewing party had. People show excitement in different ways.

Far more people know about Kratos and Nathan Drake than any of the Rare IP. You're too close to that, but most people don't care.

Jobbs

Banned
It's not a shtick. That's pretty close to the same reaction my viewing party had. People show excitement in different ways.

These are the same people who screamed for 10 minutes over a shenmue kickstarter. That's why I thought it was shtick.

It's annoying to me, but maybe that's just because I'm an old curmudgeon

zeemumu

They were confined to Kinect for like what? 3 games?

They put out Kameo, Perfect Dark, 2 Viva Pinata games, and a new Banjo game last gen. Only 2 Kinect games last gen.

That Banjo game came out 6 years ago. Since then they've only made Kinect games aside from KI.

After the abject failure of Ratchet, a much larger franchise, don't expect that Sly movie.

That's true. But their classics are very much in the public conscious. How often is Banjo lamented? How many years were people asking for a new KI or Battletoads? FFS, do you have Battletoads became a meme.

That's true but that's not Sly's fault.

That Battletoads meme isn't serious and it wasn't really made due to overwhelming need for a new Battletoads game.

Jobbs

Banned
you may ridicule this but it's not a concept accepted by everyone.
needless to say I meant several times a day. everytime you touch your wiener for example.

gfdhgfhhfds

A couple weeks ago or whenever it was, one of these chicks brought her boyfriend to my damn house and he used the bathroom and didn't even consider washing his hands. I just heard flush, and there he was outside the bathroom. If he had even considered it, I would have heard "flush" and some pacing about before he exited the bathroom.

I was traumatized for real. I spent the next hours watching every move he made

Xiao Hu

From wikipedia:

I really can not confirm this. Maybe because it's common practise in those parts of society I never belonged to?

The new Zelda looks ducking awesome. It is practically what I imagined under my ideal Zelda. But why was non of the npcs speaking? I thought we were over this..

Ceallach

Far more people know about Kratos and Nathan Drake than any of the Rare IP. You're too close to that, but most people don't care.
Kratos for sure. Drake I'm not so sure about. To most, he is just Uncharted dude. But I don't know how much stock Kratos has as Ascension underperformed pretty heartily.

You may be right about the Rare IP. It is probably only people of a certain age who grew up with SNES and N64 who have that fondness.

you may ridicule this but it's not a concept accepted by everyone.
needless to say I meant several times a day. everytime you touch your wiener for example.

I get very annoyed when I am washing my hands and I see a person next to me dab their hands in the water for like two seconds and consider themselves done.

gfdhgfhhfds

A couple weeks ago or whenever it was, one of these chicks brought her boyfriend to my damn house and he used the bathroom and didn't even consider washing his hands. I just heard flush, and there he was outside the bathroom. If he had even considered it, I would have heard "flush" and some pacing about before he exited the bathroom.

I was traumatized for real, just watching where the guy's hands went for the rest of the night

OMG I know this so well.
actually my last bf was out of the bathroom like in a SECOND. everytime. to think he even touched me iwormc0943mu5043u69bm96m54z6. I'm lucky I didn't die. never again.
I just like to remind everyone how as a kid I asked every friend that came over if they had washed their hands and if not, I'd sent them back to the bathroom. I need to get this queen status back in my life.

Ceallach

Once you guys become parents and end up covered in all kinds of bodily fluids it will stop bothering you so much. You also won't hesitate to mom people and tell them they better go wash their hands.

zeemumu

I am pretty much saying they haven't been confined to the kinect for that long. Only really 4 years.

6. And even KI only got into this year's E3 because of that General Raam announcement. When you look back at how much stuff Rare used to put out it seems like a big difference.

Jobbs

Banned
OMG I know this so well.
actually my last bf was out of the bathroom like in a SECOND. everytime. to think he even touched me iwormc0943mu5043u69bm96m54z6. I'm lucky I didn't die. never again.
I just like to remind everyone how as a kid I asked every friend that came over if they had washed their hands and if not, I'd sent them back to the bathroom. I need to get this queen status back in my life.

I remember you talking about that before. I'm imagining a miniature trab bossing people around (in german) about bathroom hygiene and it makes me very happy

Once you guys become parents and end up covered in all kinds of bodily fluids it will stop bothering you so much. You also won't hesitate to mom people and tell them they better go wash their hands.

My nieces get passes. They climb all over me and, indeed, have gotten me sick on a number of occasions. I allow it.

I feel like it would have made a weird vibe telling a grown man to go wash his hands (in front of his girlfriend, no less) but I guess me feeling ill about him touching all my shit with his dick hands is also a weird vibe

It's always weird when I wake up to an empty house, especially since I fell asleep as little spoon, and because the sky is oddly gloomy. I feel like I'm in a horror movie.

Overreacting to germs is their shtick ( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)

Jobbs

Banned
It's not shtick!

A while ago I waited in a public restroom for several minutes for someone to open the door because there were no paper towels in the thingy and all I had on was a tshirt and I didn't even want to touch the door handle with it because I wasn't going to have an opportunity to change for hours.

Would I eventually have just opened it myself? Yeah, after a few more minutes, of course. I'll touch something gross if I have to but it'll get stuck in my head and I don't need extra thoughts stuck in my head. It's already pretty crowded up here.

It's not shtick!

A while ago I waited in a public restroom for several minutes for someone to open the door because there were no paper towels in the thingy and all I had on was a tshirt and I didn't even want to touch the door handle with it because I wasn't going to have an opportunity to change for hours.

Would I eventually have just opened it myself? Yeah, after a few more minutes, of course. I'll touch something gross if I have to but it'll get stuck in my head and I don't need extra thoughts stuck in my head. It's already pretty crowded up here.

That's my point though. You can't just call a certain behavior a shtick because it's foreign and not understandable to you. :)

Jobbs

Banned
That's my point though. You can't just call a certain behavior a shtick because it's foreign and not understandable to you. :)

If I screamed and put on a big display about germs on a stream in front of an audience all the time you could quite reasonably ask if that was shtick.

And good lord does Zelda look good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom