• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I regret the Batman

Misha

Banned
I got Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of Fire on Audible some time ago. I don't remember why I got Goblet of Fire but Prisoner of Azkaban is the one that I'm the fuzziest on due to time travel and the fact that I've really only seen the movie once because I lent a friend my DVD and never got it back.

There was no point in rebelling against his family. They bailed out too, remember? Except his aunt.
I got the sense that they did it out of embarrassment and wanting to distance themselves, not that they weren't racist, classist, and selfserving. Draco seemed like he was actually in the process of learning humility but I didn't quite get that from his family

zeemumu

I got the sense that they did it out of embarrassment and wanting to distance themselves, not that they weren't racist, classist, and selfserving. Draco seemed like he was actually in the process of learning humility but I didn't quite get that from his family

I don't know if it was embarrassment. I think they were just done with Voldemort's shit.

I regret the Batman

Go play Arkham Asylum.

Or Injustice

Pau

Buy A Little Life and then have an emotional breakdown during it.

Literally cried for like 30 minutes after finishing it and felt awful for a few days after. (I mean uh, it's so bright and cheerful and fun. Puppies and rainbows and smiles. I swear.)
Mumei really wants me to read this and I don't know if I'll ever be in the mood for an emotional breakdown. :/

zeemumu

Which doesn't mean they're now good, just that they don't want to deal with that brand of evil. Kinda like racist people that dont like trump

People keep posting this political meme that says that Bernie is Dumbledore, Hilary is Umbridge, and Trump is Voldemort, but I don't think that's accurate

Shouldn't Obama be Dumbledore, Hilary be McGonagall, Trump be Professor Quirrell, and Bernie be Mr. Weasley?

Misha

Banned
People keep posting this political meme that says that Bernie is Dumbledore, Hilary is Umbridge, and Trump is Voldemort, but I don't think that's accurate

Shouldn't Obama be Dumbledore, Hilary be McGonagall, Trump be Professor Quirrell, and Bernie be Mr. Weasley?

Trump is a meaner Lockhart. Paul Ryan is more like Quirrell

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Payroll went out early.
giphy.gif

Bruh this girl just messaged me and I'm confused cause she's like way cute and I'm a goblin

Nahhhhhhhh

Misha

Banned
But Trump's the one that no one saw coming with a horrible monstrosity living on his head.

But he's the horrible monstrosity

Quirrell was a not quite good guy who sought power and had to take orders from a shriveled up old guy who he's stuck with

I dunno mang. I read them all, but if we're honest here, JK Rowling is such a bad writer, it can be literally (ha) distracting at times. I do like the stories a lot, but tons of the books are all over the place when it comes to writing quality, narration, coherence, world logic and regular logic and mood.

idk. I like them, but I would never call them "sooo good" :/

edit: What Timu said. Asylum and City are grand. Especially Asylum.
I actually like her style of writing ::shrugs::
I played and finished the first two. I got Arkham Knight and... Yeah. Ehhh. There's a lot of fatigue with the franchise for me. I may have made it through but the dealbreaker was the tank. I don't want to drive a tank. I don't want to shoot tank drones. I just want to be batman.

Batman is a detective. And maybe a bit of a ninja or something. He's not a tank commander. The whole tank thing was so tonally wrong for batman and so boring for the gameplay that I'm still in awe of it

ok please don't yell at me I'm still shaken up from my harrowing experience :eek:

I didn't yell. THIS IS HOW I YELL

man seems like the weird non-date with high guy was good for something after all. when I and a couple of people from the show were eating pizza afterwards I mentioned how I wanted to play magic again and this one dude suddenly talks to me across the whole table like "WE HAVE A MAGIC GROUP COME JOIN OUR BOOSTER DRAFT" and I was like "NEAT" but then I left and forgot to ask his name/number. now he suddenly messaged me :D

man seems like the weird non-date with high guy was good for something after all. when I and a couple of people from the show were eating pizza afterwards I mentioned how I wanted to play magic again and this one dude suddenly talks to me across the whole table like "WE HAVE A MAGIC GROUP COME JOIN OUR BOOSTER DRAFT" and I was like "NEAT" but then I left and forgot to ask his name/number. now he suddenly messaged me :D

My influence. Helping hot babes get dates from across oceans.

Jobbs

Banned
Paper Mario color splash?

I don't know what it's called. They're just playing a game and it totally looks like paper mario to me. I'm not a paper mario expert though.

Give me some credit.

I'd bone him but I sure as hell wouldn't vote for him.

When did "daddy" become an adjective, anyway?

Yooo awesome! :D I'm jealouzzz!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
What the heck is this batmobile shit, how do I get off this roof

haha it's not a date, it's magic! oh beautiful Em, she who is not a Goblin, tell me the secret to crafting the perfect booster deck.
I actually never played booster draft and I'm shit at building decks. I'm a bit scared ;(

Well it depends on what you get. You're going to have to go dual color, but whatever you pick should depend on your creature / spell ratio. Make sure you have an equal balance of both; usually in a 40 card deck you go 18 lands (9 of each), 12-13 creatures and the rest in spells. But don't pick a color just because you got a lot of cards of it; your creatures and your spells have to work off of each other.

I start by just opening packs as fast as I can and sorting the cards by color. That way when I'm done I can immediately see what I have the most / best of, and work from there. So if I see that I only have five white cards, I'm going to ignore it completely and move on to something else.

Misha

Banned
I don't know what it's called. They're just playing a game and it totally looks like paper mario to me. I'm not a paper mario expert though.
yeah its color splash. Aka not a ttyd sequel

Ugh, going clothes shopping is tedious, how do people(specifically women) put up with that?=O

Think about that feeling when you get a new game.

Its sorta like that except you have to work for it and you get smaller versions of that every time you try on something that looks good on you

Jobbs

Banned
Ugh, going clothes shopping is tedious, how do people(specifically women) put up with that?=O

I switched to online shopping.

I do this more often than not. It's easier and if I'm familiar with the store/brand I can make a pretty good guess as to whether it'll fit. If it doesn't I can either get it adjusted or return it.

yeah its color splash. Aka not a ttyd sequel

well wtf is it?

SolVanderlyn

Once you go black you d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶g̶o̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k win Magic games

Black decks OP

Well it depends on what you get. You're going to have to go dual color, but whatever you pick should depend on your creature / spell ratio. Make sure you have an equal balance of both; usually in a 40 card deck you go 18 lands (9 of each), 12-13 creatures and the rest in spells. But don't pick a color just because you got a lot of cards of it; your creatures and your spells have to work off of each other.

I start by just opening packs as fast as I can and sorting the cards by color. That way when I'm done I can immediately see what I have the most / best of, and work from there. So if I see that I only have five white cards, I'm going to ignore it completely and move on to something else.

you're so wise. keep teaching me stuff heda <3

Timu

I switched to online shopping.
Ah, hmm I do pretty much that for a lot of things but clothes, maybe I should try it.

Think about that feeling when you get a new game.

Its sorta like that except you have to work for it and you get smaller versions of that every time you try on something that looks good on you
But I'm lazy as hell.=p Yeah, that makes sense though.

I do this more often than not. It's easier and if I'm familiar with the store/brand I can make a pretty good guess as to whether it'll fit. If it doesn't I can either get it adjusted or return it.
Returning stuff from online is the one thing I hate doing!=O

Misha

Banned
Ah, hmm I do pretty much that for a lot of things but clothes, maybe I should try it.

But I'm lazy as hell.=p Yeah, that makes sense though.

Returning stuff from online is the one thing I hate doing!=O

I mostly do online shopping myself tho if I'm going to get anything and its mostly just wistfully looking at the options than buying anything T_T

Timu

I mostly do online shopping myself tho if I'm going to get anything and its mostly just wistfully looking at the options than buying anything T_T
Ha, ha, ha, that's how I am with a lot of options, lol. I try my best, but even I fail at that.=O

ughhh disabled animals hurt my fucking heart because they don't understand how or why or what's happened to them :( they're innocent

don't pity her! she did more than any of us! she climbed a mountain! (just assuming it's a girl because she looks like one)

also his voice skips my ears and goes directly into my loins. anybody with me on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom