• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.
Em's response:

large.jpg

marrec

Banned
What's cool in your city?
The Matrress Factory is awesome.

It's contemporary art that is usually based on entire rooms. For example:

Trace of Memory is an installation that takes up an entire 3 story duplex house. The house was bought as in with a bunch of crap in it and an artist ran black yarn all over the place in spider like webs that obscure your view of the objects that were left there. It's scary and haunting but also really cool to just be in.. I'd post a picture but the Internet in this hotel is godawful. Lots of other really cool installations there.

There's also Escape the Room Pittsburgh on Carson Street. Well, all of Carson Street really but the Escape the Room there is legit fun.

There is the Andy Worhal Museum, a great set of comic book stores, some of the best I've ever been too really. A used bookstore called Calibans that has so many books they just stack them in the isles fire hazard style.

You can rent kayaks downtown and kayak around off point state park during a ball game, which is awesome.

Other stuff too, I can't make an exhaustive list.

marrec

Banned
Holy shit marrec is back! Missed you man!

Also my vans x nintendo hat came in :D

That hat is so good, if the shoes weren't so expensive I'd totally cop for a white pair of hi-tops too, but I'll settle for just having the NES hi-tops.

EDIT

Internet got better so I found a picture of that Trace of Memory art installation:

One room of it anyway. It's kind of an awesome thing.

Pau

You in Pittsburgh yet Pau?

If ya ever get here I can show you around, cities great.
Yeah, I've been in Pittsburgh for about two weeks now! I've visited downtown once to just walk around a bit and visit Point State Park. I won't be here for this weekend since I'm going back to NYC to spend some time with Kark, but yes, we should go someplace cool! (Misha too!)

And thanks for the list. :) The Mattress Factory sounds neat. I've already visited the comic book store on Craig St (which is a block away from where I'm staying) and I think Calibans is the used book store on the other side of the street?

marrec

Banned
Yeah, I've been in Pittsburgh for about two weeks now! I've visited downtown once to just walk around a bit and visit Point State Park. I won't be here for this weekend since I'm going back to NYC to spend some time with Kark, but yes, we should go someplace cool! (Misha too!)

And thanks for the list. :) The Mattress Factory sounds neat. I've already visited the comic book store on Craig St (which is a block away from where I'm staying) and I think Calibans is the used book store on the other side of the street?

Let's do a Pittsburgh FakeGAF meetup!

Ya, Calibans is on Craig. So you're staying near the Cathedral of Learning?

That place is pretty awesome too, just walking in there and seeing all the 50s Art Deco magnificence mixed with this medieval interior.

I'm in Chicago for work right now and am kayaking this weekend but we should make a plan and make Misha come along.

Misha

Banned

its not he most exciting thing but the one thing you have to do when you get to Pittsburgh is take the incline up to mount washington

zeemumu

This take on the Frankenstein story is odd.

In the book,
Frankenstein decided that he couldn't do it and tossed the bride project out. In Penny Dreadful he's all like "No she's MY waifu!"

marrec

Banned
its not he most exciting thing but the one thing you have to do when you get to Pittsburgh is take the incline up to mount washington

Also ya gotta eat at Monterray Bay once, but only for the view. The food ain't worth what you pay for it when there are much better restaurants for cheaper elsewhere.

Pau

Let's do a Pittsburgh FakeGAF meetup!

Ya, Calibans is on Craig. So you're staying near the Cathedral of Learning?

That place is pretty awesome too, just walking in there and seeing all the 50s Art Deco magnificence mixed with this medieval interior.

I'm in Chicago for work right now and am kayaking this weekend but we should make a plan and make Misha come along.
Yup, go past it on the way to my lectures and meetings everyday. I went in once at night but we just went up to the last floor to see the view of the city. I do plan on going to the actual rooms sometime!

I'm here until July 22 so we have time to figure something out. :)

Some of the folks in the program did it but I was too lazy to go. :p I still should though.

This take on the Frankenstein story is odd.

In the book,
Frankenstein decided that he couldn't do it and tossed the bride project out. In Penny Dreadful he's all like "No she's MY waifu!"
That sounds very unlike Victor.

zeemumu

That sounds very unlike Victor.

Well
this adaptation has made it pretty clear that he spends all of his time working around corpses. This one doesn't have a life outside of his work or a wife to have murdered on their honeymoon, so it makes a little more sense. Still pretty creepy, though.

It's pretty interesting actually seeing the original creature's interactions with people other than Frankenstein. The change in tone is jarring because he comes across as shy towards everyone and then gains a confident and foreboding presence when he's speaking directly to Frankenstein.

Xiao Hu

I wook up with an awkward mood. Now I'm sitting in classroom and getting more anxious and anxious with every minute. Need somebody to spoon me and caress my hair.

Pau

Also ya gotta eat at Monterray Bay once, but only for the view. The food ain't worth what you pay for it when there are much better restaurants for cheaper elsewhere.
What other good places to eat? Question goes to Misha as well!

jb1234

Being in Seattle, I'm in the worst shape here. Everyone else is on the other side of the country. :(

(Except the Californians...)

marrec

Banned
What other good places to eat? Question goes to Misha as well!

Cure is THE BEST, it's not too expensive either, even though it was started by an award winning chef guy. Gotta make reservations well in advance though.

Casa Reyna is the best mexican food in the city, it's at The Strip under a Mexican grocer of the same name. They actually use Hatch peppers in their rellanos so they get my vote.

The Dor Stop Inn is the best breakfast grub in the area, but it's 30mins south of Downtown.

Fat Heads is the best bar, but there's a plethora of those so take your pick really.

Little Tokyo Bistro has the best sushi in town.

Them's my favs

Pau

he's in Columbus. like 3 hours I think? its not awful
Wow. He can totally come hang. I'm taking a 10 hour bus to NYC tomorrow and will be back Sunday. 3 hours sounds nice.

Cure is THE BEST, it's not too expensive either, even though it was started by an award winning chef guy. Gotta make reservations well in advance though.

Casa Reyna is the best mexican food in the city, it's at The Strip under a Mexican grocer of the same name. They actually use Hatch peppers in their rellanos so they get my vote.

The Dor Stop Inn is the best breakfast grub in the area, but it's 30mins south of Downtown.

Fat Heads is the best bar, but there's a plethora of those so take your pick really.

Little Tokyo Bistro has the best sushi in town.

Them's my favs
Noted.

And oh my god, there's a Colombian restaurant on The Strip. We should go there for our meetup! (I'll see if it's good beforehand.)

Having a dearth of plans and no one to hang out with tonight is both incredibly freeing and super lonely. Urg. Why can't my mind all be on the same track? haha

Marrec, don't ever leave us again.

HEY. Where's the Josh love here?

(Vaz is the best at it, though...)

Josh is good people. I like Josh.

Jobbs

Banned
Hi Lili!

I'm working on my rainbow gun (as weird as that sounds given the news, it's actually what I'm working on and it was planned long ago)

FloatOn

You're all good people.

Mostly.

Kinda.

The feeling is mutual!

Hi Lili!

I'm working on my rainbow gun (as weird as that sounds given the news, it's actually what I'm working on and it was planned long ago)

That's so cool.

I can't wait to play it. Also can the rainbow gun not kill things? That would be so great if it just made it so enemies stopped attacking you

marrec

Banned
Having a dearth of plans and no one to hang out with tonight is both incredibly freeing and super lonely. Urg. Why can't my mind all be on the same track? haha

Marrec, don't ever leave us again.

I'm mostly introverted so I like having a plans one weekend and then being a hermit the next. It's very tiring having plans constantly. In fact, I could say "having plans and hanging out with people is both incredibly fun and super mentally exhausting" lol

There are two things that I need to stop doing:

Going into political threads

Kissing girls with boyfriends

I did both of those things over the last two weeks and they both ended badly for me. If I can manage the first one at least I'll stop getting banned.

You're all good people.

Mostly.

Kinda.

I'm an awful bad no good mess of a person, but thanks.

You're alright folk.

Hi Lili!

What does it do? Is rainbow the aesthetic of a refracted laser/plasma weapon, or is there some alchemical/mutative element involved (a la the Sheepinator in Ratchet & Clank or the love gun in First Person Lover)?

I'm mostly introverted so I like having a plans one weekend and then being a hermit the next. It's very tiring having plans constantly. In fact, I could say "having plans and hanging out with people is both incredibly fun and super mentally exhausting" lol

I did both of those things over the last two weeks and they both ended badly for me. If I can manage the first one at least I'll stop getting banned.

Yeah. I need a balance, but the grass is always greener. Plus I actually have a bunch of stuff to catch up on at home, so I'll be putting this time to good use.

Under what circumstances did you kiss a girl with a boyfriend? Could it have been avoided in any reasonable fashion (besides "don't kiss girls" blanket ruling)?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Ok, Batman has me with its immense datalog and lore dumps (evidence room)

I still hate the Batmobile and grappling hook.

Xiao Hu

Start kissing boys without girlfriends instead ::points at himself::
_______
Lili, what would you do if you caught Justin making out with another guy?::points at himself::

I can probably mock up a certificate that says "FUMES thinks I'm alright,
cunt
".

EDIT

Did you punch on with the BF?

No. Not alright. It needs to say "just dandy".

Lili, what would you do if you caught Justin making out with another guy?

Assume it's just a gag, probably. I can't think of any other scenario where that would happen (both considering his sexuality and loyalty). Before me, he dated this other girl for almost six years without ever being unfaithful.

Xiao Hu

Assume it's just a gag, probably. I can't think of any other scenario where that would happen (both considering his sexuality and loyalty). Before me, he dated this other girl for almost six years without ever being unfaithful.

But what if I end up seducing him accidentally. You know I'm unresistable, you can't blame neither him nor me since I don't know how he looks like to avoid that dilemma. Would you even consider joining us?

marrec

Banned
Yeah. I need a balance, but the grass is always greener. Plus I actually have a bunch of stuff to catch up on at home, so I'll be putting this time to good use.

Under what circumstances did you kiss a girl with a boyfriend? Could it have been avoided in any reasonable fashion (besides "don't kiss girls" blanket ruling)?

Balance is good.

And we were both real drunk basically. She was saying things, I was stupidly playing along and it led to a kiss, just a quick thing nothing big.

I can probably mock up a certificate that says "FUMES thinks I'm alright,
cunt
".

EDIT

Did you punch on with the BF?

It would be a prized possession

Me and him didn't throw down, but he's a friend and I don't want him to stop being a friend.

A real shitshow all around.

Start kissing boys without girlfriends instead ::points at himself::
_______
You get me drunk enough and I become Jack Harkness just kissing and hitting on everything. But generally I like women too much to kiss guys.

Funny thing is that I haven't had a GF that I didn't essentially steal from some other dude. Like, I was with my last GF (who was with a dude when we first made out) for 8 years and barely a year after breaking it off with her I'm at it again.

TFW you realize you're the bad guy in most people's stories :(

Misha

Banned
so for anyone who has used an apartment search website, do people actually check their information requests or is it just better to call them yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom