• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clydefrog

636x460design_01.jpg

JTcxK6B.png

SystemBug

Aw, why not?

ah my parents probably won't approve.

but i also want it to be meaningful to me.

i do have something in mind.

like I want to be traced back to my culture and my country.

its funny, back when I was new in Canada, I really really wanted to be white. like i wanted to fit in. and i hated the way I looked and my brown skin. hated the fact that my mom wouldn't pack me a normal lunch, but now i am so proud of it, and by that extension also my roots.

but man those black-out tattoos also look really cool lol

Yeah. I'm at a point where I actually hope she's right, because that would be funny.

Also, to actually answer your previous question about Seth's tattoo, it's HWHY (alternately HVHY). Hebrew is read right to left, and vowels are usually dropped from writing, so the Anglicization is YHWH or Yahweh.

thanks! Hebrew is a pretty language. I may have a Hebrew related name but I like to stick to the latin origin that comes from the word for lion and doesn't mean tired old cow or something like that lol.

marrec

Banned
Trab your tattoos are so good and that new one fits right in.

You make good tattoo decisions.

Fire up the gofundme.

I'm in for 50 bucks

Finally home with my doggos, bought them life jackets so I can take them kayaking this weekend it's going to be adorable.

Xiao Hu

I like Lea's new geometrical boob. Everyone should have one.

Had a sex dream tonight starring a a brunette my head generated. Things were getting hot in a barn when she fondled my junk with her feet through my shorts.... Jesus, I miss sex soooo much.

I also dreamed that my former teacher for religion in high school carried my son I wasn't aware of...

Jobbs

Banned
I like Lea's new geometrical boob. Everyone should have one.

Had a sex dream tonight starring a a brunette my head generated. Things were getting hot in a barn when she fondled my junk with her feet through my shorts.... Jesus, I miss sex soooo much.

I also dreamed that my former teacher for religion in high school carried my son I wasn't aware of...

do you have a foot fetish?

Xiao Hu

Jk... This was back when I was a hipster christian 10 years ago and being into Judaism was cool

I still pretend it's like this super meaningful thing but I'll probably get it covered soon.

Also taking a picture of your own arm is so difficult

I used to be Jehovah's witness for over a decade but distanced myself around 9 years ago from that sect (aunt who brought me in is still part of it with her family which causes a great divide between my part of the family and hers). I'm still considering getting the tetragramaton at some point even though it represents the god of the old testament who is a giant douche. I'm nevertheless a spiritual person despite being shrouded in fucking depression and perhaps it gives me strengh to carry on...somehow.

Jobbs

Banned
Actually not at all (it grosses me out to be honest). But i felt her toes on my dick and it felt good.... I really, really need sex ;(

so you dream about footjobs but you don't have a foot fetish?

and in a barn?

that's sort of... awesome

I actually had a run/fight/kill type dream the other night, which I haven't had in a long time. you'd think I'd be the one having sex dreams now because I don't get laid anymore

Man, tattoos really do make beautiful women more beautiful, no doubt.

she also has pointy ears :eek:

Had a sex dream tonight starring a a brunette my head generated

Okay so all the people in every dream you've ever had are people you've seen in waking life. I know that sounds absurd but it's true.

Basically, when you're dreaming, what's happening is random memory synapses are being powered up as part of a routine cleaning program. And by "random" I mean through a process we don't understand... there may be a really efficient algorithm at work or it may be quantum chance. Anyway, random synapses are being powered up and checked to see how strong they are. Your brain is essentially polling itself to see what parts were useful to know or remember recently, and which parts are less useful. And it makes strong connections stronger so that you'll be better at remembering important things when you wake up.

But some of these random memories get called into the dream factory. The reason and method isn't fully understood. But they are. And our minds are best at understanding things through stories, so the brain takes this handful of memories and strings them into a story. Like if you have a dozen memories in the pool which are dance recital, 5th grade math teacher, spaghetti, falling into a pit, Josh Holloway, PlayStation, summer dress shopping, bottle-nosed dolphins, Hodor, Klondike bars, Fabreeze, flying on an airplane, then your brain is going to use those as the basis for some kind of demented story which makes sense at the time but upon reflection seems super silly and nonsensical.

But while the order and pattern of your dreams may be a figment of your imagination, the people populating them are not. Just extras from your waking life, if not someone you consciously know.

thanks! Hebrew is a pretty language. I may have a Hebrew related name but I like to stick to the latin origin that comes from the word for lion and doesn't mean tired old cow or something like that lol.

Lea is a really pretty name. I didn't realize it was a female variant of Leo in the Latin context, but that makes sense.

ah my parents probably won't approve.

but i also want it to be meaningful to me.

i do have something in mind.

like I want to be traced back to my culture and my country.

its funny, back when I was new in Canada, I really really wanted to be white. like i wanted to fit in. and i hated the way I looked and my brown skin. hated the fact that my mom wouldn't pack me a normal lunch, but now i am so proud of it, and by that extension also my roots.

but man those black-out tattoos also look really cool lol

Oh, gotcha. Well I'm really glad you're proud of who you are!

My parents weren't stoked on my first tattoo (and only, currently), but they got over it. Same way they got over my coloring my hair everything under the rainbow.

marrec

Banned
My lady doggy in her vest

HMpHvnzm.jpg

She looks very safe.

Bonus picture of my other dog who doesn't like taking pictures or wearing vests:

WywsRfzm.jpg

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Knowing how effed up and crazy dreams can be, it's even crazier to think that everything in a dream is something you've seen or experienced yourself.

zeemumu

Okay so all the people in every dream you've ever had are people you've seen in waking life. I know that sounds absurd but it's true.

Basically, when you're dreaming, what's happening is random memory synapses are being powered up as part of a routine cleaning program. And by "random" I mean through a process we don't understand... there may be a really efficient algorithm at work or it may be quantum chance. Anyway, random synapses are being powered up and checked to see how strong they are. Your brain is essentially polling itself to see what parts were useful to know or remember recently, and which parts are less useful. And it makes strong connections stronger so that you'll be better at remembering important things when you wake up.

But some of these random memories get called into the dream factory. The reason and method isn't fully understood. But they are. And our minds are best at understanding things through stories, so the brain takes this handful of memories and strings them into a story. Like if you have a dozen memories in the pool which are dance recital, 5th grade math teacher, spaghetti, falling into a pit, Josh Holloway, PlayStation, summer dress shopping, bottle-nosed dolphins, Hodor, Klondike bars, Fabreeze, flying on an airplane, then your brain is going to use those as the basis for some kind of demented story which makes sense at the time but upon reflection seems super silly and nonsensical.

But while the order and pattern of your dreams may be a figment of your imagination, the people populating them are not. Just extras from your waking life, if not someone you consciously know.

So the dream figment that I created to keep track of the dream world that I built after I learned to lucid dream is a real person?

I am in emotional pain

What's up, Em?

marrec

Banned
I spent like 7 hours today drawing little pink flashing dots and programming them

shit takes forever regardless if I get laid or not

but yeah it might help a bit. hah.

Getting laid is for suckers

As the great Fiona Apple once said

Hunger hurts, but starving works, when it costs too much to love

I am in emotional pain

What why?

Last nights dream involved hanging out with hyper intelligent orangutans doing....stuff?

Orangutan stuff no doubt, they know how to party.

SystemBug

man just go news my uncle is in the emergency room.

he was living with us, and i went with him down to the city for his chemo appointments.

as his condition worsened he was granted temporary residence for his appointments.

see his condition get worse and worse over the few months was hard but especially in the recent few weeks.

cancer is the worst

marrec

Banned

he was living with us, and i went with him down to the city for his chemo appointments.

as his condition worsened he was granted temporary residence for his appointments.

see his condition get worse and worse over the few months was hard but especially in the recent few weeks.

cancer is the worst

:( sorry to hear that

zeemumu

cancer is the worst

Damn. I'm so sorry, System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom