• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misha

Banned
Straight people are going to get defensive about it because deep down we know it's kind of an invasion of a different territory. A bit of cultural appropriation mixed in with straight imperialism. That's too deep for most gay clubs though, like I said, people go to drink, dance, and maybe watch a show or two. Without being surrounded by guiaditos who can't dance and have loud hair.
I'm not really sure I understand the lack of empathy for something like that. It's not like I haven't been theoretically privileged for most of my life either :p

Ever been to a gay bar tho? I'd imagine they'd be closer to what I'm talking about.

marrec

Banned
ITT: super attractive people can't get laid

Me and Jobbs are monks now

Not that I'm super attractive or anything, but I could easily get laid on Tinder if I wanted to go about it that way. I just can't.

I have been thinking about setting up a profile on a dating site. I need someone to watch Nausica and Totoro and Futurama with and listen to good music and play video games, but also kiss and stuff. Starving out here.

I'm not really sure I understand the lack of empathy for something like that. It's not like I haven't been theoretically privileged for most of my life either :p

Ever been to a gay bar tho? I'd imagine they'd be closer to what I'm talking about.

Nah I've never been to one, I'd imagine you're right about that. I wouldn't go to one either.

Jobbs

Banned
I could get laid if I put the effort in and went through the hookup channels be they what they are

but I don't want to, I mostly just want to get laid with someone I actually like, which is harder to find

made harder because I'm kind of down and staying away from most people lately

marrec

Banned
I could get laid if I put the effort in and went through the hookup channels be they what they are

but I don't want to, I mostly just want to get laid with someone I actually like, which is harder to find

made harder because I'm kind of down and staying away from most people lately

YES! See. You get me Jobbs marry me pls

I don't even know if I could have sexual feelings for a chick that I didn't actually enjoy the company of at this point in my life. 10 years ago sure, but now my priorities are fucked up I guess.

And I could do what I'd normally do in this situation and start doing some live gaming stuff at a comic book shop, get to know a girl, like her, sex her, then hate myself forever and never talk to her again but I don't want that either.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Walking into GAF
pgYkPir.gif

FakeGAF waiting for me
CLVeU35.gif

Me and Jobbs are monks now

Not that I'm super attractive or anything, but I could easily get laid on Tinder if I wanted to go about it that way. I just can't.

I have been thinking about setting up a profile on a dating site. I need someone to watch Nausica and Totoro and Futurama with and listen to good music and play video games, but also kiss and stuff. Starving out here.

I agree with everything here. except I'd add watching old Simpsons episodes and having sex all the time.
I have to say though...sites like okcupid didn't do more for me than Tinder. but maybe it's different in the states.

Walking into GAF
pgYkPir.gif

FakeGAF waiting for me
CLVeU35.gif

<333
f7c014fe3d.gif

Jobbs

Banned
YES! See. You get me Jobbs marry me pls

I don't even know if I could have sexual feelings for a chick that I didn't actually enjoy the company of at this point in my life. 10 years ago sure, but now my priorities are fucked up I guess.

one problem

eventually

2g9Lnvt.gif

marrec

Banned
one problem

eventually

2g9Lnvt.gif

Oh right, there's the thing that I have a 9 y/o son too. Who the fuck wants to have a proper relationship with a 30 y/o guy with a son? I'm the male equivalent of christmas cake, my time and come and gone might as well give up.

I agree with everything here. except I'd add watching old Simpsons episodes and having sex all the time.
I have to say though...sites like okcupid didn't do more for me than Tinder. but maybe it's different in the states.

I'm worried I'll have the some problems tbh :( I know people who've met their current SOs on Tinder, it's moved a bit away from being strictly about hookups and stuff, but I'd still have to put in my profile "NOT DTF RIGHT AWAY, ALSO HAVE A SON SO SCHEDULING IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME".

Walking into GAF
pgYkPir.gif

FakeGAF waiting for me
CLVeU35.gif

VAZ you make everything better.

marrec

Banned
Sorry, letting my weepy self-loathing creep out again.

Yay thirst ha ha it's all in good fun

*listens to sad music by himself drinking*

Jobbs

Banned
haha vaz with the epic entrance

Sorry, letting my weepy self-loathing creep out again.

Yay thirst ha ha it's all in good fun

*listens to sad music by himself drinking*

being sad is my jam I just went through a really uncomfortable breakup not long ago. stop stealing my things

I'm worried I'll have the some problems tbh :( I know people who've met their current SOs on Tinder, it's moved a bit away from being strictly about hookups and stuff, but I'd still have to put in my profile "NOT DTF RIGHT AWAY, ALSO HAVE A SON SO SCHEDULING IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME".

lol I actually did that. (ivy is my nickname and was transfered to Tinder from fb)

you're all wrong. being sad and lonely is my thing! jobbs only recently joined again. and marrec's too cute to be sad. edit: not to mean that jobbs isn't cute

marrec

Banned
This is how I used to feel but honestly unattractive folks get laid all the time.

Listen I know you ain't unattractive and while I ain't seen Misha I'd bet she's more attractive than she thinks.

I think most people are probably not as bad looking as they think, but also not as good looking as they think... if that makes sense lol

you're all wrong. being sad and lonely is my thing! jobbs only recently joined again. and marrec's too cute to be sad.

:( :( :(

^ that's me very sad

FloatOn

school and work are my gf

the real thing is a distraction that I'm not bothering with rn

edit - I am pretty excited about my lady friend from texas coming to bang in december though

marrec

Banned
school and work are my gf

the real thing is a distraction that I'm not bothering with rn

I tried that but then I was watching Fast and Furious and laughing and making fun of it and thought 'man this would be great with my ex-gf' and just imploded emotionally.

It's not specific to her either, it's just... as an introvert I weirdly need a companion. It's very selfish of me.

I'll fucking foight you

CbEKveX.gif

bUDfEI6.gif

Pau

Listen I know you ain't unattractive and while I ain't seen Misha I'd bet she's more attractive than she thinks.

I think most people are probably not as bad looking as they think, but also not as good looking as they think... if that makes sense lol

imply you are unattractive one more time and I'm going to explode!!
Hey now I tried very hard to make that a general statement with nothing about me! :mad:

And while I'm also sure Misha is being hard on herself, I do think it helps to think of sex and relationships as things that aren't exclusive to conventionally attractive people.

marrec

Banned
Hey now I tried very hard to make that a general statement with nothing about me! :mad:

And while I'm also sure Misha is being hard on herself, I do think it helps to think of sex and relationships as things that aren't exclusive to conventionally attractive people.

Attraction is so weird from person to person, very hard to say definitively whether 1 lady is going to be attractive to every dude or even dudes that she's into. Conventional attraction is for the birds imo

Jobbs

Banned
Just gotta get it out of my system but I think Pau is super pretty, for real

and I ain't seen Misha, she talks herself down but as Marrec said I'm sure she's just being too hard on herself

Misha

Banned
This is how I used to feel but honestly unattractive folks get laid all the time.
...not quite what I was fishing for :p

But ur rly cute tho
I have potential I know that much. Atm tho I can't imagine anyone being interested. Part of it is just knowing what to do with myself and part of it is losing weight and stuff

btw jobbs: I ghosted insect guy. I never did that when a date was already..kinda..scheduled but I figured I didn't owe him anything and I wasn't in for another mishap.
videogame weekend it is. I really need to catch up on witcher. also I kinda want Doom now.

Timu

I used to be so hyped for Mighty No. 9, but now I probably won't get it on launch day, I'll just wait on it later. Surprised at it's graphics though.

MutFox

Banned
I do think it helps to think of sex and relationships as things that aren't exclusive to conventionally attractive people.

Pretty much.
People have different things they find attractive.

Also yeah, you'll always be your biggest judge.
Overthinking the imperfections.

I've always judged myself very hard in that way.
Though I feel my confidence has gone up in the last few years.

I have a semiconscious impulse to be more friendly to people I find more attractive. Make of that what you will

Think that's normal.
I do the same at times.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
How did someone who made that get involved in producing such utter schlock later in life (paul mccartney)

Jobbs if we both met Grace Neutral I would try my hardest to ask her out before you and then maybe Grace and I would go to the beach and watch the boats go by and listen to Paul McCartney and I want you to know that it all could have been prevented if you hadn't dissed a Beatle.

btw jobbs: I ghosted insect guy. I never did that when a date was already..kinda..scheduled but I figured I didn't owe him anything and I wasn't in for another mishap.

...been spending most our lives living in a ghosters paradise...

Jobbs

Banned
videogame weekend it is. I really need to catch up on witcher. also I kinda want Doom now.

Daayymmn girl. Just the rogue today, no cleric. :D

You've revenged a human, but have you ever gotten payback on a cat? Best thing ever

He reminds me SO MUCH of Jack who acts the same way. Big fat and demanding of my attention

And that's so weird because I've been thinking I'll finally start The Witcher 3 today and meet some women that way

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I used to be so hyped for Mighty No. 9, but now I probably won't get it on launch day, I'll just wait on it later. Surprised at it's graphics though.

Shantae and Bloodstained made me forget MN9 for most of the part.

zeemumu

The main thing that I've learned from watching people get into relationships is that it's more about how you perceive yourself and interact with others that makes you attractive. you don't need an unbelievable physical appearance. It's easier to attract attention with less social effort when you're physically attractive but it's in no way necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom