• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Guys go see Central Intelligence. It's really funny. You can trust my opinion on movies.

CentralIntelligence1.gif
Fat Rock. Never I thought would I ever see.

The CG altered young Tony in Civil War was the best part of the movie.

BTW how was the pahty?

Oh, yeah, I was so confused when that part came on. I didn't even recognize Tony at first. Then the sudden realization was amazing.

Birthday was 10/10. Would do again.

Woke up to breakfast in bed. Sourdough toast with fried eggs and burned bacon (because I like it dark). Rode my bike to work. Got a lot of stuff done, more productive than usual for whatever reason. Family took me out to lunch (it's my dad's company, and my older brother is the floor manager, so we can do whatever we like). Came back and got a lot more work done. I know a lot of people rue their jobs or just do bare minimum to scrape by, but I take pride and joy in my work whatever it is, and try to do that to the best of my ability, so it pleases me when I'm able to do good work.

Boyfriend picked me up at the end of my shift. We ran back to my home quickly so I could clean off (half-hour bike ride in the hot sun and then a whole shift of handling plastisol inks meant I was super gross). When I came out, he gave me my gift, a cute summer dress that goes really well with my current shade of blue. Then he took me to this fun Italian place. I got a chicken limone on capellini. Then we shared this ice cream on a cookie thing, which of course had the dance and candle because Justin told the place it was my birthday. That's fine. I don't get awkward from that like some people do.

13413549_253362065041793_6129887616275161094_n.jpg

Then we went over to his place. On the drive over I confessed to knowing there was going to be a party, but I had wanted to enjoy dinner with him so I didn't bring it up before. The good thing is I don't startle easily. One of my coworkers is always trying to get me to jump, surprise me from behind, but he pretty much always fails. I think I have some kind of delayed register for surprising information, so by the time I process it then it's too late to act surprised. I bring this up because when I walked in the door and two dozen of my best friends jumped out at me, I was able to just look super happy they were all there instead of whatever normal people do. lol. Also, come on, I would have known anyway because their cars were all on the street.

We mostly just hung out and got a little drunk. I got into a super deep conversation with Justin's mom about something, but I honestly can't remember what it was. Then we played a game of Mafia. I almost won. I think people were being nice to me because it was my birthday, or at least extra-sensitive. There were three mafia members at the top of the game, myself included, and my immediate strategy was to throw my partners under the bus. They were so flabbergasted they didn't know what to do. So literally the first two lynchings were mafia removals, which left me free to kill whomever I chose in every round following that. Alas, I was defeated in the end with only two civilians remaining.

After the game somebody suggested we run out and see a movie. It was then that I realized I'd lost my wallet. It wasn't in my purse nor jacket, nor lying around the house nor Justin's car best we could tell. I started freaking out. We decided to let it pass though, and try to enjoy the rest of the night as best we could. So we went and saw Central Intelligence. I'm not kidding, it's really funny. I don't even normally like Kevin Hart, but he was great in this. The movie is completely self-aware, and just trying to have fun.

Anyway, after the movie I bid adieu to everyone but my boyfriend, and then we went down to the beach with our bikes (his already in the SUV, and mine added when he picked me up from work). There we rode down the coast and back for an hour or more. It was so beautiful. Finally, we came back to my house and went to bed. This morning I found my wallet in the front pocket of a different jacket. Ha.

Jobbs

Banned
Yo. Haha. That's amazing. Finding your wallet in the morning is the cherry on top.

Thanks for the detailed account. Your life sounds like fun. ♥

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
That's approximately 1000x more interesting than even my more exciting days

On my birthday I had sushi with my brother. That was it, really

Yo. Haha. That's amazing. Finding your wallet in the morning is the cherry on top.

Thanks for the detailed account. Your life sounds like fun. ♥

That's approximately 1000x more interesting than even my more exciting days

On my birthday I had sushi with my brother. That was it, really

Yeah, I'm very happy with my current situation. Thanks for listening to me ramble, haha.

Usually getting a picture while you're looking down or blinking ends up looking bad. That's impressively photogenic

Aw, thanks Misha! :)

:O
I kinda wanna try to watch wrestling. Is the WWE Network trial a good place to start?

Oh god I don't know. I got into it when I just decided, apropos of nothing, to watch Summerslam a couple of years ago

That said, it is Money in the Bank on Sunday, and NXT is always good, so yeah a WWE Network trial might be a good jumping off point. WWE tends to do good video packages for PPVs summing up the build-up for each match too, so you shouldn't be too lost with MitB if you do go that route

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Applying to teaching jobs in addition to the priesthood. Realized I never got my certification in the mail...!? I need to call them on Monday.

Not sure what I want from life right now.

About to go for draft number three on my book. I realized its title is the name of GAF's Free Company on FF14, so I might change it - Gather Against Fate. Ah, well.

After I run today, I'm done with that for the week. Tomorrow is my much looked forward to day off, and I'm making spicy chicken and broccoli and having ice cream.
And getting drunk.
Then I'm gonna play some Arkham Knight and try to get into it again.

That's me and my weekend. What are you guys up to?

Everyone should read that Brigador developer posting about developing his first game on the indie thread on gaming side.

lol I would be insane from developing a graphics engine alone.

Everyone send Jobbs a nice bottle of wine and chocolates when Ghost Song gets released /s

jk Jobbsy, <3

Applying to teaching jobs in addition to the priesthood. Realized I never got my certification in the mail...!? I need to call them on Monday.

About to go for draft number three on my book. I realized its title is the name of GAF's Free Company on FF14, so I might change it - Gather Against Fate. Ah, well.

After I run today, I'm done with that for the week. Tomorrow is my much looked forward to day off, and I'm making spicy chicken and broccoli and having ice cream.
And getting drunk.

Still watching wrestling

Hopefully will get to see my best friend tomorrow

Jobbs

Banned

And getting drunk.

Been sitting around watching my nieces break my stuff. We walked to the playground earlier. We have a nice playground in walking distance. And, as predicted, it was basically this

The little one is sniveling which means I will soon be too. &#9829;

Everyone should read that Brigador developer posting about developing his first game on the indie thread on gaming side.

lol I would be insane from developing a graphics engine alone.

Everyone send Jobbs a nice bottle of wine and chocolates when Ghost Song gets released /s

jk Jobbsy, <3

hey no take backsies

And getting drunk.

That sounds really nice. :) Chicken and broccoli doesn't get enough love. How far into Arkham Knight are you?

I have a three day weekend because I got more work done yesterday than they thought I would, so there's nothing for me to do on Monday. I could still go into work if I wanted, but I have better things to do than sit around at the shop browsing on my phone.

Tomorrow we're celebrating Father's Day somehow. I'm not entirely sure. I think we might just be taking him out to lunch, which seems underwhelming to me, so I hope it develops into something more.

hahaha how long have you had that in your back pocket?

Jobbs

Banned
hahaha how long have you had that in your back pocket?

I made it the other day when I realized my nieces were coming over today and that the weather would be nice.

Did you notice the

It's not far from the truth though. I play on all the stuff as if I was a kid. I can hang with any of them.

SolVanderlyn

That sounds really nice. :) Chicken and broccoli doesn't get enough love. How far into Arkham Knight are you?
I just got the winch for the batmobile, turbo boosted onto a roof, and can't figure out what to do. Batman says to use the winch, but there's nothing to attach it to...!? So I've been wandering back and forth on a roof for a while. Admiring the very pretty rain effects while I do so.

Chicken and broccoli is my favorite food that isn't Thai or Sushi.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
So glad you found your wallet, I lost mine recently and it's a horrible feeling if all your stuff's in there lol.

Jobbs

Banned
Dads AND grads. Dads 'n grads. DADSNGRADS.

DADS. AND. GRADS.

DADS'N'GRADS,

DADS'N'GRADS DADS'N'GRADSDADS'N'GRADS DADS'N'GRADS
DADS'N'GRADSDADS'N'GRADSDADS'N'GRADSDADS'N'GRADS DADS'N'GRADS
DADS'N'GRADSDADS'N'GRADS
DADS'N'GRADSDADS'N'GRADS

DADS'N'GRADSDADS'N'GRADSDADS'N'GRADS
DADS'N'GRADSDADS'N'GRADSDADS'N'GRADSDADS'N'GRADS
DADS'N'GRADSDADS'N'GRADSDADS'N'GRADSDADS'N'GRADSDADS'N'GRADS
DADS'N'GRADSDADS'N'GRADSDADS'N'GRADSDADS'N'

GRADS.

Oh, yeah, I was so confused when that part came on. I didn't even recognize Tony at first. Then the sudden realization was amazing.

Birthday was 10/10. Would do again.

Woke up to breakfast in bed. Sourdough toast with fried eggs and burned bacon (because I like it dark). Rode my bike to work. Got a lot of stuff done, more productive than usual for whatever reason. Family took me out to lunch (it's my dad's company, and my older brother is the floor manager, so we can do whatever we like). Came back and got a lot more work done. I know a lot of people rue their jobs or just do bare minimum to scrape by, but I take pride and joy in my work whatever it is, and try to do that to the best of my ability, so it pleases me when I'm able to do good work.

Boyfriend picked me up at the end of my shift. We ran back to my home quickly so I could clean off (half-hour bike ride in the hot sun and then a whole shift of handling plastisol inks meant I was super gross). When I came out, he gave me my gift, a cute summer dress that goes really well with my current shade of blue. Then he took me to this fun Italian place. I got a chicken limone on capellini. Then we shared this ice cream on a cookie thing, which of course had the dance and candle because Justin told the place it was my birthday. That's fine. I don't get awkward from that like some people do.

13413549_253362065041793_6129887616275161094_n.jpg

Then we went over to his place. On the drive over I confessed to knowing there was going to be a party, but I had wanted to enjoy dinner with him so I didn't bring it up before. The good thing is I don't startle easily. One of my coworkers is always trying to get me to jump, surprise me from behind, but he pretty much always fails. I think I have some kind of delayed register for surprising information, so by the time I process it then it's too late to act surprised. I bring this up because when I walked in the door and two dozen of my best friends jumped out at me, I was able to just look super happy they were all there instead of whatever normal people do. lol. Also, come on, I would have known anyway because their cars were all on the street.

We mostly just hung out and got a little drunk. I got into a super deep conversation with Justin's mom about something, but I honestly can't remember what it was. Then we played a game of Mafia. I almost won. I think people were being nice to me because it was my birthday, or at least extra-sensitive. There were three mafia members at the top of the game, myself included, and my immediate strategy was to throw my partners under the bus. They were so flabbergasted they didn't know what to do. So literally the first two lynchings were mafia removals, which left me free to kill whomever I chose in every round following that. Alas, I was defeated in the end with only two civilians remaining.

After the game somebody suggested we run out and see a movie. It was then that I realized I'd lost my wallet. It wasn't in my purse nor jacket, nor lying around the house nor Justin's car best we could tell. I started freaking out. We decided to let it pass though, and try to enjoy the rest of the night as best we could. So we went and saw Central Intelligence. I'm not kidding, it's really funny. I don't even normally like Kevin Hart, but he was great in this. The movie is completely self-aware, and just trying to have fun.

Anyway, after the movie I bid adieu to everyone but my boyfriend, and then we went down to the beach with our bikes (his already in the SUV, and mine added when he picked me up from work). There we rode down the coast and back for an hour or more. It was so beautiful. Finally, we came back to my house and went to bed. This morning I found my wallet in the front pocket of a different jacket. Ha.
this sounds beautiful. and you looked beautiful <3 glad you're having such a great time right now. and also glad you found your wallet :D

SolVanderlyn

Dads AND grads. Dads 'n grads. DADSNGRADS.

DADS. AND. GRADS.

DADS'N'GRADS

DADS'N'GRADS DADS'N'GRADSDADS'N'GRADS DADS'N'GRADS
DADS'N'GRADSDADS'N'GRADSDADS'N'GRADSDADS'N'GRADS DADS'N'GRADS
DADS'N'GRADSDADS'N'GRADS
DADS'N'GRADSDADS'N'GRADS

DADS'N'GRADSDADS'N'GRADSDADS'N'GRADS
DADS'N'GRADSDADS'N'GRADSDADS'N'GRADSDADS'N'GRADS
DADS'N'GRADSDADS'N'GRADSDADS'N'GRADSDADS'N'GRADSDADS'N'GRADS
DADS'N'GRADSDADS'N'GRADSDADS'N'GRADSDADS'N'

GRADS.

[/EMAIL

Quoting to reveal the tomfoolery in this post

SolVanderlyn

Dads and grads is a nice way to refer to the "you're not young anymore" age group

Seaklng

Banned
Just dropped mom off at the airport.
Going to make dinner and then go to work.
Her being gone feels nice.

Edit: looking fashionable, jobbs.

SolVanderlyn

I played Dark Souls!
For five minutes because I hated it

I just got the winch for the batmobile, turbo boosted onto a roof, and can't figure out what to do. Batman says to use the winch, but there's nothing to attach it to...!? So I've been wandering back and forth on a roof for a while. Admiring the very pretty rain effects while I do so.

Chicken and broccoli is my favorite food that isn't Thai or Sushi.

Hmm, I'm not sure why you're having that much trouble. If I recall correctly, there's a bridge thing you have to pull down first and then like a big window thing... but I could be misremembering. You might want to look up a walkthrough.

So glad you found your wallet, I lost mine recently and it's a horrible feeling if all your stuff's in there lol.

Ugh, yeah. My mind went to dozens of different places it could have been left (since I assumed it hadn't been stolen by any of my friends at the party). I hadn't used it all day, so it could have been anywhere as far as I knew. I checked online and none of my cards had charges from today, so that was a relief.

What actually happened was I went out for a walk to a nearby store the other night. I didn't feel like bringing my purse for whatever reason, and the pants I was wearing don't have pockets, so I just threw my wallet in the jacket pocket. Next time I'll just bring my purse lol

this sounds beautiful. and you looked beautiful <3 glad you're having such a great time right now. and also glad you found your wallet :D

Thanks Lea &#9829;

Jobbs

Banned
Just dropped mom off at the airport.
Going to make dinner and then go to work.
Her being gone feels nice.

Edit: looking fashionable, jobbs.

not sure if serious but that's not actually me in the playground gif fyi

but thanks I do nonetheless :D

this is me:

0DLZ0w6.png

and yay I'm glad your mom is gone <3

(as weird as that sounds, I'm trying to be supportive here)

Misha

Banned
I normally have my wallet in a coat pocket. Don't feel like digging through my bag to find it. I put bigger things in it that I'm most likely dont need as often like notebooks and hairbrushes and beanies and stuff

this is me:

0DLZ0w6.png

what's with the X?

oh and Lili! we need pics of that dress &#9829;

Seaklng

Banned

this is me:

0DLZ0w6.png

Lol thanks for the support.
I meant your icon, you goof.

Risgroo

Oh god I don't know. I got into it when I just decided, apropos of nothing, to watch Summerslam a couple of years ago

That said, it is Money in the Bank on Sunday, and NXT is always good, so yeah a WWE Network trial might be a good jumping off point. WWE tends to do good video packages for PPVs summing up the build-up for each match too, so you shouldn't be too lost with MitB if you do go that route
Alright, maybe I'll give it a go tomorrow! Who should be my fave? Choose wisely.
Pusheen is the best <3

SolVanderlyn

Jobbs should be a blue ghost. Because I said so.

my mom now mentioned several times how cute my new tattoos looked. I'm like wat. she wasn't ever against tats but more like..apathetic about it.
success I guess?! :D

FloatOn

Conjuring 2 was meh/10

I preferred office space guy as the husband

Why are horror movie sequels always so weak?

Should have watched central intelligence :/

Been sitting around watching my nieces break my stuff. We walked to the playground earlier. We have a nice playground in walking distance. And, as predicted, it was basically this

The little one is sniveling which means I will soon be too. &#9829;

hey no take backsies

It's cool bruv.

Just curious, does Columbus have a TV news station or two? Have you've been interviewed by any non gaming media?

lol curiosity aside, programming seems to be a thing that will induce insanity if you're not inclined in programming.

Alright, maybe I'll give it a go tomorrow! Who should be my fave? Choose wisely.

*checks the card*

Uhh...top 3 out of everyone wrestling is probably Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens and Seth Rollins AKA Crossfit Jesus. In terms of tag teams, Enzo & Cass and New Day are both great. And for the women's match, Becky Lynch is pretty rad

EDIT: Oh AJ Styles is cool too, his match with Cena should be decent up until LOLCENAWINS happens as it always does

SolVanderlyn

Well I'm out of chicken and I feel lethargic so I decided to make today my day off instead and have broccoli by itself. Still got ice cream tho.

Drinking vodka instead of running. If I do it tomorrow instead, it makes up for the day off, right?

SolVanderlyn

If I ever came home with a visible tattoo my dad would honestly disown me lmao

But fuck that I'm gonna do it anyway
A tattoo that says " I <3 Dad"

How conflicted would he be

Jobbs

Banned
I have so much trouble relating to people who have pushy/judgemental/etc parents but it sounds shitty. I only have a mom and she is super chill. I could show up with a face tattoo and a tail surgically installed on my ass and she'd be like "ok, cool".

SolVanderlyn

Yep, sounds like parents to me

I have no interest in tattoos, but p. sure my dad would do the same. He already voiced his disapproval when my sister got one

My parents aren't judgemental at all though. They disapprove of things but support their kids all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom