• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloatOn

you don't need our advice. you can talk like a perfectly cool person with us. you don't have to change that.
10/10 would reply.
just make sure to find out all the stuff you want to know :) so ask your questions!

We have a winner. Just think of her like your fakegaf friends and if something more develops, cool. If not, that's fine too.

zeemumu

Does anyone have any not awful advice?

The difference between being proud of yourself and having an ego is dependent on if you think you're better than other people or if you think you're better than you were before. Think of life as you constantly trying to beat your high score, never wanting to waste a moment because they didn't tell you how many attempts you'll get.

So go in head held high with a smile, crack a corny joke every now and again, and be invested in your surroundings. You'll do fine.

Jobbs

Banned
You need to take good penis shots if you want her to agree to meet you. If you need to, find a friend who knows more about it and get coaching

9UJsdpS.gif

Find out what her job or major or whatever is and try and think of a non boring question about it that she's never heard before and ask it in an interesting way.

Preferably relating to her individual experiences and perspective

Studying biomedical sciences according to profile

I have no idea what that even really means

you don't need our advice. you can talk like a perfectly cool person with us. you don't have to change that.
10/10 would reply.
just make sure to find out all the stuff you want to know :) so ask your questions!

The problem with that is I don't have to carry the conversation here at all, I can just duck out and wait for it to roll back around to something I can get involved with.

There's a reason I don't talk to many people one on one and just stick to here >_>

I also know I'm making excuses

How about advice on body language instead: back straight, chest forward (inhale), shoulders slightly turned back, feet somewhat together but with space between then turn you heels to each other so your bottom tightens and rights your lower back, chin slightly up (pride, not arrogance). And walk tall like that. The 'military pose' in movies is an exaggerated version of it, but giving yourself a firm gait influences feelings and attitudes (later) directly.

If you watch the Dog Whisperer, you've heard this over and over already, but somehow people don't realize this works for everyone. There are no 'power poses' except for pride as a body response / reflex. It's very immediate as well, and noticeably accompanies the feeling. It may even be culturally independent, though that would make it a primary emotion and I don't think it's currently on the list.

Also, studies with psychopaths demonstrated that they can (and do) pick out a victim's gait flawlessly. So a better gait hopefully also avoids becoming a target. Not fun to bring up in a mental health context, but people will take advantage of weakness and you definitely can make yourself a victim by showing it. So "faking" that part at least makes sense. I think.

Anyway, that's what I got. Don't hate.

Studying biomedical sciences according to profile

I have no idea what that even really means

The problem with that is I don't have to carry the conversation here at all, I can just duck out and wait for it to roll back around to something I can get involved with.

There's a reason I don't talk to many people one on one and just stick to here >_>

I also know I'm making excuses

stop focusing on what she might think of you and concentrate on HER making a good impression. maybe she's not even worth the trouble. you need to find out for you own sake. you're already cool we can all agree on that but she has to prove her tiny self.

zeemumu

The major downside of owning a golden is that he sheds like crazy when it's hot outside. Lint rollers become very necessary during the summer.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Playing Mighty No. 9 finally. It's uh...something.

On the plus side Umbrella Corps is actually really fun.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
From what I played the game is not awful but very unpolished with things that you would expect them to have down considering their experience. There are platforming areas that could feel a bit cheap but for most of the part the game is not really too challenging. Voice acting and cutscenes can rot tho.

FloatOn

distraction from what though? I can only work or play videogames so much until I realize how empty life really is T_T

People shouldn't rely on others for their feelings of satisfaction.

Right now my gf is school and work. Beyond that I can do whatever I want whenever I want without having to run it by a significant other. It's great.

Jobbs

Banned

Right now my gf is school and work. Beyond that I can do whatever I want whenever I want without having to run it by a significant other. It's great.

TBH you sound like you're trying to convince yourself of this to reduce your cognitive dissonance

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

I say this to myself all the time, but the truth is it's better to be in a healthy relationship than it is to be alone, and everyone knows it. Sharing life with another is something extraordinarily special.

Going to bed alone, not having someone to talk to about your day, not having someone to watch movies with, not having someone to look over your work, not having someone to just be there for you... it's lonely, and empty. I feel like you could work full time and sleep on a bed of money, and if you did it alone it wouldn't be worth anything.

Timu

yea :(

all I have to look forward to this week, besides MN09, is my new nail polish arriving

I have that feeling too, but I backed it, damnit, I want to at least try it
Damn, I hope it wasn't a lot you backed it for.

From what I played the game is not awful but very unpolished with things that you would expect them to have down considering their experience. There are platforming areas that could feel a bit cheap but for most of the part the game is not really too challenging. Voice acting and cutscenes can rot tho.
Sounds average.

jb1234

I say this to myself all the time, but the truth is it's better to be in a healthy relationship than it is to be alone, and everyone knows it. Sharing life with another is something extraordinarily special.

Going to bed alone, not having someone to talk to about your day, not having someone to watch movies with, not having someone to look over your work, not having someone to just be there for you... it's lonely, and empty. I feel like you could work full time and sleep on a bed of money, and if you did it alone it wouldn't be worth anything.

I have close friends who fill most of those gaps. That's all I need.

(Or at least that's all I can have.)

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I have close friends who fill most of those gaps. That's all I need.

(Or at least that's all I can have.)

There is something else I could fill that your friends can't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm at this point aware I'll die alone and Im not even mad cause most people I interacted in the dating/hook up apps lately were trash to the point I deleted the apps and don't feel like going out and meeting new people.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Damn, PC GAF shutting down my upgrades. Looks like I'll be returning everything but the cooler... lol

jb1234

There is something else I could fill that your friends can't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm at this point aware I'll die alone and Im not even mad cause most people I interacted in the dating/hook up apps lately were trash to the point I deleted the apps and don't feel like going out and meeting new people.

I don't believe I'll be alive much longer so it's hard for me to worry about it all that much.

FloatOn

I'm not gonna lie, it is nice but I stand by the fact that it shouldn't be a requirement for happiness. People should find that for themselves before entering into a relationship. I'm not happy alone right now so how the hell am I to reasonably expect someone to fill that hole? It's irresponsible. I'm gonna get my shit together first.

If/when I decide to get involved again it will be because it's a complementary relationship and not a codependent one.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
RNH if you don't send her a cock shot right off the bat the lord will be disappointed in you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom