• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
This shit was delicious. Wendy's is stepping it up.
Satellite

Jobbs

Banned
Didn't he say "I miss 2D platformers like this. So even if you don't think the game is perfect, it's better than it not existing"

Which is a bit different tonally than if he only said "hey, it's better than nothing"

And you guys hating on blueberries are derp af

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
It's based on a hollowed out blueberry after the insides were scooped out and thrown in the trash. Where they belong.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I didn't know you eat there.=O I had that recently, pretty good.

Wendy's was my go to place for breakfast and lunch in my last trimester of college. They are good but sometimes things can be extremely greasy or the cheese not being melted but they have certainly been doing better this last year in terms of serving me stuff like I like it.

Timu

Wendy's was my go to place for breakfast and lunch in my last trimester of college. They are good but sometimes things can be extremely greasy or the cheese not being melted but they have certainly been doing better this last year in terms of serving me stuff like I like it.
Ha, yeah that's true, I go there often now usually trying out various and new burgers and such. I like it far more than McDonalds.

Granadier

oh shit Triple B Farms has Raspberry picking this weekend get rekt blueberry loves I'm getting my Raspberry picking on

Don't do that, nobody likes the lonely "hey" gotta add something.

Oh, it was supposed to be good advice. Shit.

---

Ask her about something that she likes. Strike up a conversation about anything.

marrec

Banned
Oh, it was supposed to be good advice. Shit.

---

Ask her about something that she likes. Strike up a conversation about anything.

Well, the women I've talked to all say they hate the ambiguous hanging "hey", but I dunno I don't do that stuff lol

But for serious, I'd suggest something like "Hey, I noticed on your profile you said you like TBS, what a coincidence I also like TBS wow"

FloatOn

Nobody gives a shit about my point of fixing yourself before you try getting romantically involved :/

I think encouraging RNH to date comes from a good place but honestly man, I would just focus on going to the doctor and getting a handle on your anxiety. Once you get your self confidence the relationship thing will work itself out.

As they say "you'll find it when you stop looking"

marrec

Banned
Nobody gives a shit about my point of fixing yourself before you try getting romantically involved :/

I think encouraging RNH to date comes from a good place but honestly man, I would just focus on going to the doctor and getting a handle on your anxiety. Once you get your self confidence the relationship thing will work itself out.

Eh, it's just chatting someone up, they ain't getting married.

If dude thinks lady looks interesting, dude should say something to lady.

This ain't a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

The doc will eventually tell him to get out there too cause thats how you treat anxiety.
It's not like he's totally unable to do stuff. The sooner someone gets used to overcoming fear the better.

Granadier

Where does it stop? Do you just become a shut in until you're "fixed"? When do you get to the point where you can say you're now properly ready to date again.

Look. I can understand backing away from the dating scene for a length of time if you've gone through some traumatic experiences or a bad breakup. But recommending that someone distance themselves from dating until they are "fixed" is just stupid.

People are social. More often then not putting yourself out there and getting involved with someone or just making friends will "fix" you. Limiting that interaction just because you feel your broken is idiotic.

The doc will eventually tell him to get out there too cause thats how you treat anxiety.
It's not like he's totally unable to do stuff. The sooner someone gets used to overcoming fear the better.

This right here is spot on.

FloatOn

Key word here is "eventually"

A certain degree of self confidence is needed in relationships. If you guys think he's ready, then I'm no one to say different. But from an outside perspective, I think some introspection is needed here.

And also, I stand by my point that if you stop looking you will probably find what you are looking for. People are drawn to independent, self-confident people that are not driven by becoming involved.

marrec

Banned

A certain degree of self confidence is needed in relationships. If you guys think he's ready, then I'm no one to say different. But from an outside perspective, I think some introspection is needed here.

And also, I stand by my point that if you stop looking you will probably find what you are looking for. People are drawn to independent, self-confident people that are not driven by becoming involved.

There's a lot to unpack here but again, I'll say, RNH isn't going to marry this girl. He's just chatting up an interesting profile on OK Cuipid. A baby-step toward self-confidence and self-reliance.

He ain't going to fix himself by turning inward everyday looking for some self-evident truth of confidence and capability.

I understand where you're coming from, but RNH ain't so broken that he can't talk to a cute girl about Emo bands bro :-/

As to you final point, there is no magic key. The key is to do shit. Just... do shit, don't stop doing shit, and eventually shit will pay off.

Where does it stop? Do you just become a shut in until you're "fixed"? When do you get to the point where you can say you're now properly ready to date again.

Look. I can understand backing away from the dating scene for a length of time if you've gone through some traumatic experiences or a bad breakup. But recommending that someone distance themselves from dating until they are "fixed" is just stupid.

People are social. More often then not putting yourself out there and getting involved with someone or just making friends will "fix" you. Limiting that interaction just because you feel your broken is idiotic.

Yo.

My point is that the only way to fix social anxiety is to go out there. And he's already doing that and that's great. He shouldnt stop and wait for a doctor to tell him do it. They'll only help with talking and medication which is cool but the real training can only be done by RNH himself anyway

Haha, that wouldn't be good considering I'm still at work..

I butt you too :)
Guys he said it back 💖

FloatOn

I'm not suggesting becoming a hermit. I'm suggesting getting out there by making platonic friends. Guys and girls. If something develops with a girl, great. If not, no big deal either. But the priority shouldn't be going out there and forcing a romantic relationship into being just because you want one or because you are lonely. Let things play out naturally.

And in the mean time put your focus on bettering yourself. Go to the gym. Read a self help book. Do something creative. If you do these things eventually someone will be drawn to you. There is no set point for this but eventually something will happen. Either through the new friends you meet or some happenstance.

But what do I know? I'm divorced

marrec

Banned
I ain't wanna pile on Float cause I know you genuinely mean well, but if RNH didn't wanna do this he wouldn't be talking with us about it *shrug face*

Jobbs

Banned
I probably need more interaction
screamy.gif

Been basically a hermit for I think like 3 weeks now!

Have to do a directing thing in 20 minutes and feel like burying my head instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom