• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.

marrec

Banned
I probably need more interaction
screamy.gif

Been basically a hermit for I think like 3 weeks now!

Have to do a directing thing in 20 minutes and feel like burying my head instead

Ya got any friends close that you can go out with this weekend?

FloatOn

I probably need more interaction
screamy.gif

Been basically a hermit for I think like 3 weeks now!

Have to do a directing thing in 20 minutes and feel like burying my head instead

Take a flight to Orlando. I'll show you a good time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I ain't wanna pile on Float cause I know you genuinely mean well, but if RNH didn't wanna do this he wouldn't be talking with us about it *shrug face*

That's fine. Just giving some alternate food for thought.

zeemumu

There are 14 Tinder matches on here that I have yet to respond to. Should I just message all of them with "You're okay, get in!"

Jobbs

Banned
Ya got any friends close that you can go out with this weekend?

yea but I've been kinda ignoring everyone but my immediate family.. idk why

I'm not saying one person has so much power over me that they can turn me into a shut in forever, but something about the nature of how things went down made me feel kinda bleh

Take a flight to Orlando. I'll show you a good time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'm not that kind of girl :(

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
There are 14 Tinder matches on here that I have yet to respond to. Should I just message all of them with "You're okay, get in!"
quattuordecsome

marrec

Banned
yea but I've been kinda ignoring everyone but my immediate family.. idk why

I'm not saying one person has so much power over me that they can turn me into a shut in forever, but something about the nature of how things went down made me feel kinda bleh

Take your time man, no reason to force yourself to do something if you're still feeling bleh.

You probably won't be a shut in forever, you seem like you enjoy doing shit.

Jobbs

Banned
Take your time man, no reason to force yourself to do something if you're still feeling bleh.

You probably won't be a shut in forever, you seem like you enjoy doing shit.

Yeah I feel safe sitting here in my room!

Today I programmed the warp in / warp out behavior of this character, and created the special effects for it

https://gfycat.com/SoulfulSadAmazonparrot

I actually am gonna do a little more with it tomorrow.

the green shit is just a capturing artifact because gifcam loses its shit when my RGB shader kicks in

marrec

Banned

he does a bunch of other shit too

https://giant.gfycat.com/ShamelessAnchoredAlbacoretuna.webm

He can also jump around and stuff. You'll see eventually...

The particle effects are all super cool, the way he charges up and releases... man.

So, do the main character and baddies in the game share the same energy weaponry? The colors look similar.

I don't appreciate "stupid" and "idiotic" thrown in my general direction btw

I don't think anyone was calling you stupid or idiotic or even your advice, but in the throws of thought about a specific point people can extend someone's argument out to a logical extreme and call that "idiotic" or "stupid" without intending to call the person or their original advice those things. Sorry though.

jb1234

I don't think anyone was calling you stupid or idiotic or even your advice, but in the throws of thought about a specific point people can extend someone's argument out to a logical extreme and call that "idiotic" or "stupid" without intending to call the person or their original advice those things. Sorry though.

I think what Seth is getting at (and I agree with him) is that throwing out strong words like that towards someone's argument isn't really conductive to a good dialogue.

FloatOn

I know what you mean marrec. And you didn't throw that shade so no worries!

I think "fixing yourself" was a poor choice of words on my part

edit - annnnd the girl I used to be into just posted her hands playing piano in a video

*dies*

Jobbs

Banned
The particle effects are all super cool, the way he charges up and releases... man.

So, do the main character and baddies in the game share the same energy weaponry? The colors look similar.

Ghost energy, for lack of a better term, is always represented by pink stuff in the game. When you gain a power you see a stream of pink going into your body, and when you die you see the pink exploding out of your body

https://gfycat.com/TiredAngelicElk

so, too, any power related to ghost energy (again, not an official term) is represented by pink..

have to direct actors now bye!

bbcb1987af.gif

marrec

Banned
Ghost energy, for lack of a better term, is always represented by pink stuff in the game. When you gain a power you see a stream of pink going into your body, and when you die you see the pink exploding out of your body

https://gfycat.com/TiredAngelicElk

so, too, any power related to ghost energy (again, not an official term) is represented by pink..

Oh man that death animation is violent as fuck lol

Also, I love the idea of shared energy between goodies and baddies, always have always will

I know what you mean marrec. And you didn't throw that shade so no worries!

I think "fixing yourself" was a poor choice of words on my part

Ya but I still wanted to apologize.

I think what Seth is getting at (and I agree with him) is that throwing out strong words like that towards someone's argument isn't really conductive to a good dialogue.

I agree too.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
TBH I wasn't intending to start a good dialogue. ¯_(ツ)_/¯ or a dialogue at all. Seth asked for an explaination and I gave it.

Timu

Yeah I feel safe sitting here in my room!

Today I programmed the warp in / warp out behavior of this character, and created the special effects for it

https://gfycat.com/SoulfulSadAmazonparrot

I actually am gonna do a little more with it tomorrow.

the green shit is just a capturing artifact because gifcam loses its shit when my RGB shader kicks in
Every time I see your game it makes me wish I can do 1/4 as good in the art and graphics department for my game. My game looks like a Flash game in comparison, lol.=p

Every time I see your game it makes me wish I can do 1/4 as good in the art and graphics department for my game. My game looks like a Flash game in comparison, lol.=p

Just the other day Matti was telling a different indie dev how their game makes hers pale in comparison. I think it's healthy to have an appreciation for others' work, and to always strive to improve yourself.

Timu

Just the other day Matti was telling a different indie dev how their game makes hers pale in comparison. I think it's healthy to have an appreciation for others' work, and to always strive to improve yourself.
Yeah, this is true. I'll do the best I can, though it's obviously gonna be nowhere near amazing, just simple graphics that work which is better than bad or nothing. Thanks for the advice yo!

marrec

Banned
Yeah, this is true. I'll do the best I can, though it's obviously gonna be nowhere near amazing, just simple graphics that work which is better than bad or nothing. Thanks for the advice yo!

Keep doing your craft and you can only get better, but also remember that you'll always probably be your harshest critic.

Confessions in Thirst Time:

Yesterday I bought avocados. I already have 3 avocados at home but I bought 3 more.

Why? Because a cute girl was buying avocados at the time and I thought "I'll go get some and have a quick chat and we'll hit it off"

So I went up, started looking through the pile for some semi-ripe ones, and murmured throatily "avocados right?"

-_-

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Keep doing your craft and you can only get better, but also remember that you'll always probably be your harshest critic.

Yesterday I bought avocados. I already have 3 avocados at home but I bought 3 more.

Why? Because a cute girl was buying avocados at the time and I thought "I'll go get some and have a quick chat and we'll hit it off"

So I went up, started looking through the pile for some semi-ripe ones, and murmured throatily "avocados right?"

-_-

Gonna make a lube with an avocado base?

marrec

Banned
Gonna make a lube with an avocado base?

Nah I'mma make some epic guacamole.

Though avocado's are pretty slippery hmmmmmmm

Your dream avocado girl will come marrec.

Plus side here is you can now make a fuckton of guac in the not too distant future.

I dream of avocado girls and guacamole, sharing chips in the now messy kitchen as we taste the guac seeing if I got it right

zeemumu

-_-

That line would've killed in SoCal

That would have totally worked on me haha

but I know it's a sensitive subject for some here

See? There you go

I honestly have no idea what the deal with avocados is

marrec

Banned
That line would've killed in SoCal

See? There you go

There's no deal, they're just dope as hell and super versatile.

That would have totally worked on me haha

but I know it's a sensitive subject for some here

Some people are... mistaken.

as awesome as avocado's are... the fuck is an avocado girl?

Just a lyrical representation of the mythical "cute girl doing something I can relate to", I like avocados, she likes avocados, obviously we're meant to be together forever making guacamole until we both die.

They taste good, go with a lot of things, are super nutritious, and are pretty easy to come by in SoCal.

Now obviously it's not a flavor everyone is going to enjoy, but I don't like mustard nor sushi so what're you gonna do? If you don't like it, you don't like it, and that's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom