• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobbs

Banned
If that's 7 days of work, what have they been doing for the past few years?

no idea, but if I had to guess it's probably because of needing it to work on 3DS and stuff and it caused everything to have to adopt a shitty art "style" in order to be somewhat uniform

zeemumu

I never have anything to contribute to the sex conversations. I feel left out :/

no idea, but if I had to guess it's probably because of needing it to work on 3DS and stuff and it caused everything to have to adopt a shitty art "style" in order to be somewhat uniform

Granted it's better than what I can do in 7 days of work. Art and sprite animations are my biggest hurdle.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
That's lazy. There are plenty of gorgeous 3ds games. Shantae alone looks so god damn much better than this, its fucking gorgeous.

Jobbs

Banned
That's lazy. There are plenty of gorgeous 3ds games. Shantae alone looks so god damn much better than this, its fucking gorgeous.

Shantae is a 2D game. 2D games are going to look better in most cases (as long as the art is good). polygon games can look good, sure, but not on 3ds.

I have no idea why MN09 looks as bad as it does, and why it doesn't look even as good as the 7 day prototype, I was just offering a possible answer.

FloatOn

Vader confirmed for Rogue One

50f06e87afa96f2f45000052.jpg

Jobbs

Banned
Tired of Darth Vader tbh

Driven into the ground + ruined

He was cool back when he was just a space nazi in a robot suit, then they let the outside world seep into the writing and Vader was suddenly space jesus prophet chosen one

IDGAF

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
At the very beginning of ANH he says "There will be no one to stop us THIS TIME!"

Rogue One is the last time, when somebody stopped them

Hyped

Stop being an edgelord Jobbs

zeemumu

Tired of Darth Vader tbh

Driven into the ground + ruined

He was cool back when he was just a space nazi in a robot suit, then they let the outside world seep into the writing and Vader was suddenly space jesus prophet chosen one

IDGAF

Are you tired of Vader or just tired of Anakin?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Shantae is a 2D game. 2D games are going to look better in most cases (as long as the art is good). polygon games can look good, sure, but not on 3ds.

I have no idea why MN09 looks as bad as it does, and why it doesn't look even as good as the 7 day prototype, I was just offering a possible answer.
Shantae Half Genie Hero is a mixture of 3D and 2D like DuckTales but the polygon implementation is better thankfully.

Jobbs

Banned
Eh, I'm down for early years Vader. It's a lot more interesting to see what he was like before he got tired like he was in Episode IV

They're further sillifying the classic characters like Vader by having them interact iwth blue hair cartoon kids no one gives a shit about

is Dash Render going to show up too

Shantae Half Genie Hero is a mixture of 3D and 2D like DuckTales but the polygon implementation is better thankfully.

most wayforward games tend to have a nice look but just not be very fun for some reason

marrec

Banned
They're further sillifying the classic characters like Vader by having them interact iwth blue hair cartoon kids no one gives a shit about

Rebels is some of the best Star Wars media been produced since the 80s jobs, don't hate.

Jobbs

Banned
Rebels is some of the best Star Wars media been produced since the 80s jobs, don't hate.

I'm trying to endure this dialog and I can't hang.

"it was foretold you would blah blah"

It must be because I've watched ESB within the past few months.

I understand why they do it ($$$ fan service is easy) but as a lifelong fan I wish they'd just leave it alone and stop putting the characters into new films and into disney cartoons and stuff. DO SOMETHING NEW!

The idea of a baby Han Solo movie makes me wretch

Misha

Banned

I understand why they do it ($$$ fan service is easy) but as a lifelong fan I wish they'd just leave it alone and stop putting the characters into new films and into disney cartoons and stuff. DO SOMETHING NEW!

You get me

Tho I'm excited for rogue one cause it's the closest thing we're getting to a departure any time soon

zeemumu

Paradox of that post aside, you already said that you don't care about any of the new characters. You're doing that Nintendo thing where they're annoyed at new IP's not being sequels to old IP's but they also want new IP's instead of the same old stuff.

Jobbs

Banned
Paradox of that post aside, you already said that you don't care about any of the new characters. You're doing that Nintendo thing where they're annoyed at new IP's not being sequels to old IP's but they also want new IP's instead of the same old stuff.

When did I say I don't care about new characters? Rey, Finn, Poe, all great.

I said I don't think it's a good idea to keep resurrecting characters from a 30 year old movie and jamming them into the plotlines of a disney cartoon and stuff. You may not understand because you didn't grow up with the films, but something in me dies when I see a cartoon darth vader having an important duel with disney cartoons and being told it's canon. They're delivering lines that sound similar to shit they said in the original movies but it's all just a poorly made schlocky fan service remix. It comes off as particularly bad fan film.

marrec

Banned
We got a magnet and fished around for it

Spent like 2 hours looking for it though

LaEqQLm.gif

Better than cutting it open.

I'm not saying it's the best, I'm just saying for Star Wars that ain't ANH or ESB (ROTJ sucks) it's pretty watchable. Maybe I'm just blinded from having to watch it so much with my son.

FloatOn

I was semi-joking before about the blue hair thing. It can look good but in truth, I prefer understated aesthetics than the "wow, look at me, I can do this edgy thing"

Jobbs

Banned
The "I rebel" line hopefully gets reshot.
Actually, just take the line out, it's acid to the ears.

I love that part though :(

GrcvrZi.gif

I was semi-joking before about the blue hair thing. It can look good but in truth, I prefer understated aesthetics than the "wow, look at me, I can do this edgy thing"

I appreciate when people express themselves and dress and do their hair how they like it whether that's traditionally reserved or face tats

Making assumptions about motive seems lame

I'm not saying it's the best, I'm just saying for Star Wars that ain't ANH or ESB (ROTJ sucks) it's pretty watchable. Maybe I'm just blinded from having to watch it so much with my son.

want to adopt me

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds

most wayforward games tend to have a nice look but just not be very fun for some reason
Wayforward are hit or miss. Like every Shantae is brilliant and I love their adventure time games, Contra 4 is awesome, but then they have boring ass games or games that don't work like Ducktales

FloatOn

I appreciate when people express themselves and dress and do their hair how they like it whether that's traditionally reserved or face tats

Making assumptions about motive seems lame

this is my preference. not everyone has to have it.

what other motivation than getting noticed could someone have for doing something outside the norm?

marrec

Banned
this is my preference. not everyone has to have it.

what other motivation than getting noticed could someone have for doing something outside the norm?

Because it makes them feel good about themselves?

Not all external modifications of appearance have external motivations.

Jobbs

Banned
Wayforward are hit or miss. Like every Shantae is brilliant and I love their adventure time games, Contra 4 is awesome, but then they have boring ass games or games that don't work like Ducktales

Duck Tales was an abomination of a childhood classic, ultimately

Contra 4 gets me wet, though, thank you for reminding me. I think I have it somewhere. Thta's probably one of the best WF games ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom