• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine learning English

Yeah, as much as I bitch about French grammar it's at least logically consistent 90% of the time. And spelling and pronunciation is completely uniform. It's also easy to intuit new words when you get enough of a grasp due to relationships between the roots and the words.

English has none of this. Mainly because it's such a mongrel language with Latin, Germanic, and Norman French influences.

giphy.gif

Jobbs

Banned
Deadass this close to buying an epilator

Not that I mind but it's funny most/all of them are packaged and styled all girly

marrec

Banned

Not that I mind but it's funny most/all of them are packaged and styled all girly

Would it help your decision to buy one if there were an epilator that was targeted toward men?

Like "EPIC-lator, the first MANS hair removal device for MEN" advertised with Terry Crews and in colors like dark greys and blues.

Jobbs

Banned
Would it help your decision to buy one if there were an epilator that was targeted toward men?

Like "EPIC-lator, the first MANS hair removal device for MEN" advertised with Terry Crews and in colors like dark greys and blues.

Nah, it was just an observation. Any humor derived from it comes from an external viewpoint. Personally I don't mind being girly or doing girly things. I've been surrounded by women my entire life

Misha

Banned

Most women's care products seem to be very neutral from my experience. White with a slightly more pastelly color and slightly more rounded design and with a woman on the box and that's about it

marrec

Banned
Nah, it was just an observation. Any humor derived from it comes from an external viewpoint. Personally I don't mind being girly or doing girly things. I've been surrounded by women my entire life

Hmm, I dunno. I try to think I have no problem being girly or doing girly things, but I also know that advertising and label design certainly has an influence on my purchasing decisions.

The awareness always rears it's head in the toiletries aisle when I'm looking for soap or a razor or something.

FloatOn

I don't even know how toejam and earl plays.

I know it's a top down thing but other than that what is the point? what do you actually do?

Jobbs

Banned
Hmm, I dunno. I try to think I have no problem being girly or doing girly things, but I also know that advertising and label design certainly has an influence on my purchasing decisions.

The awareness always rears it's head in the toiletries aisle when I'm looking for soap or a razor or something.

Eh I've let go of the idea of being manly, or at least manly in the traditionally expected way, long ago, and I just pursue my interests (which are sometimes "boy things" and sometimes not). I have my testosterony moments, of course, (like wanting to fite people or trying to appear tough in certain situations) but I also have a subversive attitude and will deliberately try to push against manly norms in many cases.

Most women's care products seem to be very neutral from my experience. White with a slightly more pastelly color and slightly more rounded design and with a woman on the box and that's about it

I'd prefer my body care products look like something out of gears of war tho

This has never happened

My brothers and I used to get "those white boys" a lot as kids for some reason

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I can't imagine learning English

Instead of learning a second language I wish I could unlearn English and be unable to communicate with anyone or internalise my thoughts because I would have no thoughts only feelings.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
It's an underrated console and MEGA cheap to collect for. Also impossible to emulate

I have two, including a crystal one modded as a dev kit since the magazine I used to work didn't have a proper SDK and that was the only way to take proper screenshots from the buffer.

Sega made that console. Panzer Dragoon Orta, Crazy Taxi, Shenmue, Gunvalkyrie... Then you also had cult classics like Otogi, Steel Battalion, Phantom Dust, Metal Arms: Glitch in the System and Metal Wolf Chaos on top of more mainstream ones. Riddick, DOAX, Conker, Ninja Gaiden... all incredible games.

I think it may be my favourite console since the 16 bit generation.

Didn't they find a Toejam and Earl game buried within a Dreamcast devkit?

Could be. I'm pretty sure DC TJ&E reached prototype stage at some point.

Edit: There you go.

Edit 2: And Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Deaththrow and Kingdom Under Fire. Man, Xbox had so many great games.

marrec

Banned
I have two, including a crystal one modded as a dev kit since the magazine I used to work didn't have a proper SDK and that was the only way to take proper screenshots from the buffer.

Sega made that console. Panzer Dragoon Orta, Crazy Taxi, Shenmue, Gunvalkyrie... Then you also had cult classics like Otogi, Steel Battalion, Phantom Dust, Metal Arms: Glitch in the System and Metal Wolf Chaos on top of more mainstream ones. Riddick, DOAX, Conker, Ninja Gaiden... all incredible games.

I think it may be my favourite console since the 16 bit generation.

Ya, I'm thinking of getting an OG Xbox because I still have all the games but nothing to play it on.

Those Buffy games are still some of the best brawlers released, and the first one was exclusive to the Xbox.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I had to review Kakuto Chojin, Minority Report and Tao Feng. Magazine would basically throw at me all the shit games senior staffers wouldn't like.

Those were dark times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom