• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
This thread :0

Nothing freaks me out more than people that are able to bend unnaturally. I hate that shit in demon possession movies.

Have my most basic trick
9yUScok.gif

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member

TIL if you tattoo white color in the tiny cracks they will stay as they're supposed to instead of being "closed" over time.

Finish of the black areas in 2 weeks, adding color n shit 2-3 weeks after that.
Better picture after the foil's off that's still staying on for 5ish more hours or overnight ^^

Nerdkiller

Membeur
So, going back to the first page about Afleck's Batman...I think I would actually like him if he wasn't a Death Wish-esque psychopath. But it's that character portrayal that's really putting me off him. Just like how I can't appreciate Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker because his rendition of Parker is complete and utter prick with no sense of responsibility who doesn't learn a single lesson in the FIVE(!) hours of movie that he's been showcased in.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Isn't Affleck Batman supposed to be the darker, more broken version anyways?

zeemumu

So, going back to the first page about Afleck's Batman...I think I would actually like him if he wasn't a Death Wish-esque psychopath. But it's that character portrayal that's really putting me off him. Just like how I can't appreciate Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker because his rendition of Parker is complete and utter prick with no sense of responsibility who doesn't learn a single lesson in the FIVE(!) hours of movie that he's been showcased in.

He plays Batman like a Batman who's over the edge. One who's been beaten down and broken physiologically. Batman said that he didn't kill because once he did, there would be no going back. Well maybe this one did.

Also, Batman has always been a psychopath, and he knows it. He also knows that he's necessary.

Misha

Banned
The way it's set up it appears he took a break after Jason Todds death and is just now getting back into it because he watched people die because of Zod and superman . Makes sense he would be cynical.

Also I don't really see him doing too much more than what is necessary in the movie at all. His violence was way overblown

Nerdkiller

Membeur
It's still fairly...problematic. Hell, even Frank Miller's Bats at least in TDKR abided by the "no kill" rule. While Snyder thought he could get away with the whole "killing" issue by framing it as a "by proxy" thing, even though at many points throughout, that was not the case.

He plays Batman like a Batman who's over the edge. One who's been beaten down and broken physiologically. Batman said that he didn't kill because once he did, there would be no going back. Well maybe this one did.

Also, Batman has always been a psychopath, and he knows it. He also knows that he's necessary.
Batman is not Rorschach.

Also, people who actually like Rorschach as a badass character...NO!

zeemumu

It's still fairly...problematic. Hell, even Frank Miller's Bats at least in TDKR abided by the "no kill" rule. While Snyder thought he could get away with the whole "killing" issue by framing it as a "by proxy" thing, even though at many points throughout, that was not the case.

Keaton didn't abide by that rule, either

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
The way it's set up it appears he took a break after Jason Todds death and is just now getting back into it because he watched people die because of Zod and superman . Makes sense he would be cynical.

Also I don't really see him doing too much more than what is necessary in the movie at all. His violence was way overblown

Ok I was mistaken then. Frank Miller's interpretation was what I had been referring too. But I'm not super fluent in the stories, so I didn't realize that Miller's Batman would still not kill. Interesting. Too bad Snyder had to add that killing aspect then.

Edit: wait, Bale's Batman kills people?

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Keaton didn't abide by that rule, either
That was problematic then, and it's problematic now. Hell, at one point in Batman Returns, he almost seemed to revel in it.

batman-returns-kills.gif

Ok I was mistaken then. Frank Miller's interpretation was what I had been referring too. But I'm not super fluent in the stories, so I didn't realize that Miller's Batman would still not kill. Interesting. Too bad Snyder had to add that killing aspect then.

Edit: wait, Bale's Batman kills people?
Actually, now that I think about it, he probably didn't kill people in TDKR, but I know for a fact that even he refused to use lethal firearms. The most he uses in the book are rubber bullets, I think (I'm barely more versed than you, really. I only ever watched the first half of the animated movie).

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Uncharted 4 is better than I expected. Words eaten.

Chuckie

Poor Bats can never do right. If he kills, people talk about 'the rule', if he doesn't kill people hold him responsible for all his enemies victims because they keep escaping Arkham.

zeemumu

If Arkham is an insane asylum, how was Arkham City supposed to work? They threw political prisoners in there but it's not supposed to be a prison

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Binge watching the recent season of Flash. God this is so stupid but also so much better than everything else DC puts out on TV or cinema >_>

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Binge watching the recent season of Flash. God this is so stupid but also so much better than everything else DC puts out on TV or cinema >_>

Everything DC makes these days is utter garbage. Someone needs to murder Dan DiDio and Geoff Johns

marrec

Banned
I watched the first season and enjoyed it. So season 2 takes a nose dive? that sucks

No S2 is just as good if for different reasons.

The Flash has been my fav comic book hero since I was 7 and this show is too fucking good. The references are sometimes quadruple deep and they aren't beholden to comic book storylines but at the same time take so much inspiration from the comic books and their stories.

It retains the amazing stupidity of the comics but also all the stuff that makes them great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom