• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloatOn

I'm starting to like cats

13246180_10153806568033515_75610669288129331_o.jpg

Pau

His focus seems uncanny for that single motivation and his internal struggle with people like the Joker shifts more into the control of his own power.
I don't think it's uncanny at all. Exceptional, but not uncanny. I also do think it helps that he has an obsessive personality in general. And a lot of the superhero work does involve things he enjoys: detective work, constantly trying to be at your mental and physical peak, etc.

I think his struggle with the Joker is rather separate than anything else. Bruce likes to believe that everyone can be reformed or at the very least he has no say in who can or can't. So no killing. Joker breaks that assumption. But if he can make that judgment of the Joker just because the guy killed his own child, why can't he make that judgment about the criminals who have done the same to other people? It's too personal. No one has hurt his family in the same way. I think the Joker is legitimately the only person and the only villain that Bruce hates.

I would add that I count Joe Chill as a kill because he drove the guy to suicide. But he also did that when he was just starting out. I think an older Bruce wouldn't have done that.

"What do you want your computer to do? Shoot missiles?"
"No, I just want to know if you build them."
"But what do you want in it? You need to be more specific."

The conversation got better as I asserted more authority, and I know these guys will build me a good rig, but man.

zeemumu

Sorry. When I say I'm obsessed with Batman, I'm not kidding. :p

No no, don't apologize. I appreciate the info :p. I'm always up for learning more about my favorite comic characters and it's pretty clear your Batman knowledge exceeds mine.

I just noticed that we may have been talking about this for too long, like when Em and I debate the relevance of Kingdom Hearts, ahaha.

Got about a couple of hours sleep last night probably thanks to the late night popcorn and soft drink.

This just in, acid reflux fucking suuuuuucks

Pau

No no, don't apologize. I appreciate the info :p. I'm always up for learning more about my favorite comic characters and it's pretty clear you're Batman knowledge exceeds mine.

I just noticed that we may have been talking about this for too long, like when Em and I debate the relevance of Kingdom Hearts, ahaha.
No such thing about talking about Batman too long! :p

It's also the one time I think I'm really pushy with my opinions. :p A lot of people would agree with you about Batman being a psychopath. It's just so antithetical to why I love the character that I'm like NO. D:

zeemumu

No such thing about talking about Batman too long! :p

It's also the one time I think I'm really pushy with my opinions. :p A lot of people would agree with you about Batman being a psychopath. It's just so antithetical to why I love the character that I'm like NO. D:

I get you. I'd do that if anyone bad mouthed Spider-Man, heh.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
My brother just flipped out at me for ten minutes about wasting food because I left half a spoonful of yogurt in the container. Literally ten minutes. I even ate it and he still went off on me because I said I was going to rinse it out.

Dude is insane.

Edit: Good lord does this new Mega Man cartoon look terrible

FloatOn

my big presentation was such a screw up
someone hold me ;_;

Would ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Also, I'm sure this is an instance of you being your own worst critic. Presentations get easier the more you do them. I had an actual panic attack the first time I had to present in front of my VP

Would ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Also, I'm sure this is an instance of you being your own worst critic. Presentations get easier the more you do them. I had an actual panic attack the first time I had to present in front of my VP
yeah I was pretty nervous. and I can't talk in front of people. remind me to never do this again x_x
Hey I'm doing my podcast if you guys want to watch:

www.twitch.tv/sidescrollercast
this will ease my pain.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Did you forget to remove the Mountie slide at the end?

no but I actually used to phrase "according to Adorno we're all FUCKED" once. .........
What happened? D:

just me being awkward. ._______.
for example: there was this guy who wanted to interview me afterwards so he did a audio recording in which he was all like "lea. thank you" at the end and I was like "Simon. thank you!" .....his name wasn't simon.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Hahaha, I want to see this presentation now.
edit: laughing at the "fucked" part

FUME5

yeah I was pretty nervous. and I can't talk in front of people. remind me to never do this again x_x

this will ease my pain.

no but I actually used to phrase "according to Adorno we're all FUCKED" once. .........

I don't see the problem?

for example: there was this guy who wanted to interview me afterwards so he did a audio recording in which he was all like "lea. thank you" at the end and I was like "Simon. thank you!" .....his name wasn't simon.

I still don't see the problem? No-one but not-Simon gives a fuck about not-Simon.

Jobbs

Banned

that just makes you seem like a badass. you have no time for correct names

I don't see the problem?

I still don't see the problem? No-one but not-Simon gives a fuck about not-Simon.

you're good at comforting haha. this actually made smile <3

that just makes you seem like a badass. you have no time for correct names

yeah still wish my stupid mumbling action wasn't recorded like that though haha. :x
they also asked about one person and I was like "oh the actor?" and they were like "no Adorno's pupil"
and I actually didn't know about him
-____________________-----

In that case: it went way better than you think it did. Normal people always get super worked up about these things and they are always fine.

For the second part: just sounds like he got too chummy so you put him in his place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom