• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
I'm starting to hate on this big superhero movie machine. I so don't see the appeal anymore. everything is the same more or less.
It all peaked for me with Spiderman 2. And considering the way these superhero movies are produced these days, I'm not sure if I'm gonna see something on that level again.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
It all peaked for me with Spiderman 2. And considering the way these superhero movies are produced these days, I'm not sure if I'm gonna see something on that level again.
Eh. Spiderman 2 is great, but I think the peak so far is winter soldier.

I am very excited for the next phase of Marvel films. Carol, Panther, etc all have so much potential to be different

Jobbs

Banned
Eh. Spiderman 2 is great, but I think the peak so far is winter soldier.

I am very excited for the next phase of Marvel films. Carol, Panther, etc all have so much potential to be different

I mostly think superhero movies are dumb, but for some reason I watch most of them anyway. Raimi Spiderman 2 is probably my favorite. I liked the empathy the movie treated its characters with - including its villain.

Spiderman 3 was a hot dumpster mess though

Nerdkiller

Membeur
I mostly think superhero movies are dumb, but for some reason I watch most of them anyway. Raimi Spiderman 2 is probably my favorite. I liked the empathy the movie had for its characters including its villain.

Spiderman 3 was a hot dumpster mess though
And yet still better than both Amazing Spiderman films.

Timu

Star Trek Beyond was really good, a much better watch than Ghostbusters, or by box office standards Flopbusters.

Compared to the JJ Abrams movies, it was more fun than Into Darkness but may not reach 09.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Spiderman 3 is true garbage. The kind of movie where I experienced an almost cathartic transcendence above and beyond pseudo-intellectual armchair analysis of the arts and instead was enveloped, through the moment, during each and every sequence, within a thick shroud of boredom and bewilderment. Where I have a clear, vivid self awareness of now little I am enjoying what I'm watching.

I felt similar in Age of Ultron, but mainly just out of boredom :(

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Spiderman 3 is true garbage. The kind of movie where I experienced an almost cathartic transcendence above and beyond pseudo-intellectual armchair analysis of the arts and instead was enveloped, through the moment, during each and every sequence, within a thick shroud of boredom and bewilderment. Where I have a clear, vivid self awareness of now little I am enjoying what I'm watching.

I felt similar in Age of Ultron, but mainly just out of boredom :(
giphy.gif

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Age of Ultron was a weird movie for me. I like the idea of an evil Tony Stark robot, but Ultron's character came off as SUPER WEIRD to me. Something felt very off about the way he was written and portrayed. I can't even really explain it.

FUME5

Watched the second episode of Stranger Things last night, my buddy hates it but I'm starting to get into it.

Also played 4 1/2 hours of Monster Hunter with 2 of my bros and smashed out all the rank 1 quests, it ain't our first rodeo.

Misha

Banned
I really need space to accomplish things. So hard to feel comfortable when you're using someone else table in someone else's house.

zeemumu

Nothing against Arkham Babs. Although I didn't play her DLC mission.

I adore pre-52 comic Barbara.

She was engaged to Tim if I remember correctly, but it doesn't fuel her actions. It's just something that happens.

What I do remember is that a reviewer bashed Arkham Knight for
killing her and got called out because he didn't finish the game or he would've known that was fake.

There were other non fraud detecting reasons to bash Arkham Knight, like the excessive tank missions. I liked physically driving the bar mobile when it wasn't in tank mode
So much better than the previous planeswalker Lilliana I had..

I only have Sorin :/

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Nothing against Arkham Babs. Although I didn't play her DLC mission.

I adore pre-52 comic Barbara.
AK has a myriad of problems, it is really bad IMO but Babs is good in it. Oracle is so amazing in all of her incarnations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom