• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misha

Banned
the novelty songs on weezer's most recent output is still extremely off-putting

I get that they are trying to see how far they can push the "bad but still catchy" thing. It's like a big middle finger to all those that dissed Pinkerton all those years ago but I would love for them to make a serious attempt at music again.
i don't really think you can sit down and try to make a Pinkerton. It came at a certain point in his life where he was struggling with a lot of issues and poured his heart into it
If things are going well then you might just get a serious pork and beans which really isn't the same

It's all relative. It's a weird thing to say but I'm honestly envious of people who get aggressive but temporary bugs. At least there's the knowledge that it'll soon end. I'm sick every day of my life and it never ends.
I'm sure my issues don't compare but I'd love to get it all out in a weeklong flu or a surgery or something. Tired of being tired and feeling shitty

FloatOn

It's all relative. It's a weird thing to say but I'm honestly envious of people who get aggressive but temporary bugs. At least there's the knowledge that it'll soon end. I'm sick every day of my life and it never ends.

as someone that has waited over a year for a kidney transplant I can absolutely empathize with that feeling of never getting better.

it's hard but you have to make the hand you are dealt work for you. (I'm saying this for myself too)

i don't really think you can sit down and try to make a Pinkerton. It came at a certain point in his life where he was struggling with a lot of issues and poured his heart into it
If things are going well then you might just get a serious pork and beans which really isn't the same

I actually felt that weezer didn't drop off until after maladroit.

Since then there has been some good songs but never any good albums past that.

Have you ever experimented with another woman before? If I remember correctly you've stated that you aren't into women that much. What is more important, what does Justin think about stuff up his bum?
I haven't, no. It's like regardless of me having those feelings, they're not the only feelings I have, so it's easier to not rock the boat.

I'm going to have a serious conversation with Justin about it all tonight. That should be interesting.

zeemumu

This movie, The Intern. I actually kinda like it. Maybe it's because I like Anne Hathaway and Robert De Niro, but yeah. This seems like one of those movies that initially dismissed but ended up liking later, like Kung Fu Panda.

This movie, The Intern. I actually kinda like it. Maybe it's because I like Anne Hathaway and Robert De Niro, but yeah. This seems like one of those movies that initially dismissed but ended up liking later, like Kung Fu Panda.
Yeah, I liked it a whole lot. DeNiro's character was just so sweet :)

I dream just as much the amount of times I seem to be back in secondary school. Hell, I just had one last night where I was trying to find books for the current school year.
That's weird! I never dream about school, nor actually anything from my childhood.

FloatOn

Ox1xPet.png

MutFox

Banned
Every Weezer album has a song I like.
Also never seen them live, so I'm pretty hyped for the concert tomorrow... :p

Though a girl I used to know started messaging me on facebook if I'm going to the concert...
I don't want to respond, cause I moved on since then... :|

zeemumu

Look like we're going classic this year

I'd like to see what Knott's announces for midsummer scream but I already have plans that day, so I'll have to wait for the news to drop online like everyone else.

jb1234

I'm sure my issues don't compare but I'd love to get it all out in a weeklong flu or a surgery or something. Tired of being tired and feeling shitty

I don't really look at it in terms of one condition being worse than the other. Suffering is still suffering. *hugs*

as someone that has waited over a year for a kidney transplant I can absolutely empathize with that feeling of never getting better.

it's hard but you have to make the hand you are dealt work for you. (I'm saying this for myself too)

Honestly, I've gotten to the point where I'm pretty much done. The illness has been progressing ever since it manifested itself and I just can't take a life any further where there's nothing to look forward to but more pain. I can't travel anymore, I can't work, can't sustain relationships. It's taken away everything from me that makes life worth living. I told my mom years ago that I would fight for as long as I'm able but once I say I'm done, that's it. She hates that but knows how bad things are for me and doesn't want me to suffer. I'm preparing to talk to her soon. I just want to use the next several months to blow all my remaining savings on bringing loved ones out to visit.

FloatOn

Honestly, I've gotten to the point where I'm pretty much done. The illness has been progressing ever since it manifested itself and I just can't take a life any further where there's nothing to look forward to but more pain. I can't travel anymore, I can't work, can't sustain relationships. It's taken away everything from me that makes life worth living. I told my mom years ago that I would fight for as long as I'm able but once I say I'm done, that's it. She hates that but knows how bad things are for me and doesn't want me to suffer. I'm preparing to talk to her soon. I just want to use the next several months to blow all my remaining savings on bringing loved ones out to visit.

man... this is so hard to hear. I think you have tons to offer people and people would severely miss you if you are actually going to do what you are alluding to. I know I would.

jb1234

man... this is so hard to hear. I think you have tons to offer people and people would severely miss you if you are actually going to do what you are alluding to. I know I would.

I know that. But it's not about people, bud. I've lived the last five years of my life in service to other people. And I truly believe that's made me a better person, certainly a more loving one. But it's not enough to overcome such a low quality of life. And it's hard to explain it to someone who doesn't have the illness, the excruciating pain, the evenings spent crying in bed because my body hurts so much. When you've tried everything, been from one doctor to the next, treated like a drug addict, it just adds to the guilt and anger. I don't want to further lose my independence, which is the path I'm walking down. I don't want to be stuck with a wheelchair and having to live with my well-meaning but challenging mom. And most importantly, I don't want to lose who I am because I can feel that happening already.

I don't write this (any of this) to court sympathy or responses. I'm long past that point. It is what it is. I just really dislike the thought of suddenly vanishing from this thread (and the board) and people not knowing why. At least if people know my story, they can understand a little bit. Even if it's just a little bit.

FloatOn

I know that. But it's not about people, bud. I've lived the last five years of my life in service to other people. And I truly believe that's made me a better person, certainly a more loving one. But it's not enough to overcome such a low quality of life. And it's hard to explain it to someone who doesn't have the illness, the excruciating pain, the evenings spent crying in bed because my body hurts so much. When you've tried everything, been from one doctor to the next, treated like a drug addict, it just adds to the guilt and anger. I don't want to further lose my independence, which is the path I'm walking down. I don't want to be stuck with a wheelchair and having to live with my well-meaning but challenging mom. And most importantly, I don't want to lose who I am because I can feel that happening already.

I don't write this (any of this) to court sympathy or responses. I'm long past that point. It is what it is. I just really dislike the thought of suddenly vanishing from this thread (and the board) and people not knowing why. At least if people know my story, they can understand a little bit. Even if it's just a little bit.

I would encourage you to read stories of people that have lost limbs, or the ability to see or hear and thrived despite it.

I'm not trying to be insensitive or diminish what you are going through but there are people that make it regardless of circumstance.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

I'd miss you if you were gone. We've only known each other for half a year or so, and never met in person, but you're one of the nicest people I've met. You randomly talk to me on Steam just to make conversation. Little things like that mean a lot. You have good taste in games and it's nice to have someone to share interests with.

I can't make your life better in the way that you want, but you make mine better, even in little ways. Something to think about.

Turin

Banned
HP, the Mandrake style Blair Witch write up was excellent.

I remember thinking how I hadn't seen a movie so sanitized in a long time. It was alright.

I just watched the new Cinderella movie. Made me dizzy for some reason. o_O

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
"Es war ein mal..."

But thanks for asking me too, jerk

I legitimately thought you were Chinese

I appreciate what you guys are trying to do but let's let this thread go back to its usual levity.

I hope for the best but understand if you need permanent relief, I met some guys at Walter Reed who lived in constant agony and mere existence was sufferin. I don't wish that upon anyone

America about to be turned into a Russian vassal state.

What a time to be alive.

I hope you like your potato vodka, tovarishches.

Drinking vodka+lime juce rn.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
The German in me is confused, the Russian is grinding on his teeth and the Tatar just wants to pillage your home and sell your family into slavery...

Dead.

You haven't seen my ugly smug yet?

Maybe, not that I recall. Just between your u/n and talking about China...

zeemumu

So we're, what, 4 episodes into Dead of Summer and
two of the main characters are already dead? This is gonna be a one season thing, isn't it

I can't read HP's Blair Witch thing until the movie comes out.

[5:28:16 PM] Kevin: but i havent kidnapped anyone and i have on personality
[5:28:20 PM] Kevin: one
[5:28:58 PM] Jake : Nah, you're so boring I've never noticed a personality at all. (makeup)
[5:29:11 PM] Kevin: ;________:
[5:29:13 PM] Kevin: fuk u
[5:29:22 PM] Kevin: anal gaping bitch

I love Windumb. <3

man been trying to solve this witcher side quest for about an hour only to find out the game probably glitched out >.<

__
also can someone pls give me an example of why Archer is funny? I've heard nothing but good stuff about it but never really understood why.

Anybody here see Lights Out yet? My dad was raving about it and wants to take me to a showing tonight.

also can someone pls give me an example of why Archer is funny? I've heard nothing but good stuff about it but never really understood why.
Because he's an asshole and there's a lot of clever wordplay. Not for everyone.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
[5:28:16 PM] Kevin: but i havent kidnapped anyone and i have on personality
[5:28:20 PM] Kevin: one
[5:28:58 PM] Jake : Nah, you're so boring I've never noticed a personality at all. (makeup)
[5:29:11 PM] Kevin: ;________:
[5:29:13 PM] Kevin: fuk u
[5:29:22 PM] Kevin: anal gaping bitch

I love Windumb. <3

Put a ring on him.
Not a cock ring you filthy slut.

zeemumu

Anybody here see Lights Out yet? My dad was raving about it and wants to take me to a showing tonight.

Haven't but I want to. I didn't have much faith in it initially because the gimmick from the short film it's based on didn't feel like something that could stretch into a feature length film, but I've heard some good things about it, so it's on my list. I'll gather some friends together and go see it eventually.

FloatOn

I've only seen the short film that lights out was based on. Not sure how effectively they can expand that into an actual movie.

I hear the horror movie to watch this year is don't breathe.

Jobbs

Banned
That was deadass legit weird.

For hours I thought I heard my mom and someone in the next room talking... And I was like "okay, good, my mom came over..."

And then I finally got up and I was like "hey mom" and no one was here....

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I like noodles (avatar quote)

Haven't but I want to. I didn't have much faith in it initially because the gimmick from the short film it's based on didn't feel like something that could stretch into a feature length film, but I've heard some good things about it, so it's on my list. I'll gather some friends together and go see it eventually.

I've only seen the short film that lights out was based on. Not sure how effectively they can expand that into an actual movie.

I hear the horror movie to watch this year is don't breathe.
Mmkay. I'll probably post impressions later (bearing fully in mind that I have shit taste in movies :p )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom